Holy crap! Robotech BGM on the Late Show!

There's also the lazy-boy guy on Conan O'Brian who rants about Robotech.

Robotech's music is so varied in diversty and flexible. I'm a diehard Macross over Robotech fan in every area except for music. Robotech wins (as long as you avoid Reba West's singing numbers).

Edited by ComicKaze

The meaning is that, from time to time, I have absolutely nothing to do.

My posts make more sense in the light of this :)

By the way, were you talking about Thursday's Late Show? I recorded it just in case. I don't want to watch the whole thing if you were just talking about some old youtube video. :)

5 of us. Don't really care for the songs though.

I think it was a case of some songs working better than others and the main problem was that some were repeated so much that you really got sick of them. Was this the same in the original Japanese Macross?

Taksraven

I think it was a case of some songs working better than others and the main problem was that some were repeated so much that you really got sick of them. Was this the same in the original Japanese Macross?

Taksraven

Yes. I got so sick of hearing "My Boyfriend Is A Pilot" I was ready to gouge out my eardrums with a pencil.

• 3 weeks later...

I FINALLY got around to watching that episode of Letterman -- I "tivoed" it back when you first started this thread. Anyway, here's the song the music was from:

Youtube

"It's You" - Minmei

I always think of you,

Dream of you late at night

What do you do

When I turn out the light?

No matter who I touch,

It is you I still see.

It's touch and go,

But no one touches me.

It's you I miss.

It's you who's on my mind.

It's you I cannot leave behind.

It's me who's lost.

The me who lost her heart,

To you who tore my heart apart.

If you still think of me,

How did we come to this?

Wish that I knew it is me that you miss.

Wish that I knew it is me that you miss.

IMO anything robotech =

Agreed.

Some RT music is good

Agreed: for instance, the closing credits - because you know it's FINALLY over :)

Tee hee hee :) :)

I feel so naughty on this board sometimes :) It's the only place where you can actually "flame" an entire series and fandom and get away with it :)

weee ! :)

But if it's Minmey on Letterman - then it's Macross music, isn't it? Or.... did Robotech actually have completely different songs and music for her?

Pete

Yes Robotech had completely different songs and music... and a much more limited set

Minmei in Robotech had

-Stagefright

-To Be In Love

-The Man in my Life

-We Will Win

and

-It's You

And I think that's it...

Here's a clip of "We Will Win" the video is the spanish version just cause that was the easiest to find (Robotech is huge in Latin America), but the song is still in the original english.

not quite up to Mari Iijima's singing calibur hey?

Okay... the Macross Anthem dosn't count. since that wasn't Robotech... though I would be very curious to here the actual anthem as I've never watched the pre-robotech Macross dub episodes.

Can anyone upload that?

Check the user comments for the video. I think the anthem was used as BGM for Robotech after it flopped or something. BS indeed.

Check the user comments for the video. I think the anthem was used as BGM for Robotech after it flopped or something. BS indeed.

Yeah the music was deffinitly reused (as the reconstruction theme I believe or the Macross City theme not sure which)... however I just want to hear the actual opening without the added mock-tastic sound effects and added singer.

Yeah the music was deffinitly reused (as the reconstruction theme I believe or the Macross City theme not sure which)... however I just want to hear the actual opening without the added mock-tastic sound effects and added singer.

From the text comments:

megaupload com/?d=D7BW748Z

Mileage may vary with the full song.

Edited by Einherjar