Macross Frontier Final Episode Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

392 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Anyone got a smoke...and some pants?)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (I waited 25 weeks just for this... crap?)

OMG THAT WAS INCREDIBLE

i had thoroughly convinced myself that i would be disappointed by the finale because it seemed like there were too many loose ends to tie up. well they didn't tie up all the loose ends and the love triangle wasn't even decided and yet it was still completely fraggin awesome!!!! can't believe they pulled that off!!!! and the rumors of a movie were true!!!! that's an opportunity to tie up loose ends that weren't covered in the series!!!! having something to look forward to even after the series is done is far more than i ever expected!!!!!

edit: and the dodgers just clinched a playoff spot!!! i think this is officially the best day of my life....

Edited by cyde01

Dang it I need a better raw....

Is it me or did BG hit BF's right arm or gunship? Cuz I see BF punch BG with the right arm and in the end, with the gunship. Either way, I think there's a animation hiccup.

Is it me or did BG hit BF's right arm or gunship? Cuz I see BF punch BG with the right arm and in the end, with the gunship. Either way, I think there's a animation hiccup.

Yes, i believe they took out her gunship. Then BG got doubletagged by Q and BF. B))

It punched through the barrel of the gunship and blew it apart Daedalus style. Then Frontier comes in and punches the main body.

It looked to me like the Gunship was knocked away when he Galaxy fired at the Frontier.

Edited by Duke Togo

same here seemed BF was knocked back from the blast and either dropped the gunship or it was possibly destroyed so it just decided to bitchslap the BG haha

also just had to comment that I loved how they handled the music towards the end, mixing together most everything Sheryl and Ranka have sung throughout the series, very nicely remixed!

I'll say BG blow BF gunship first, after that comes the Machida punch NMC Version xD

BG blows the BF gunship away, Quarter kungfu's up to BG and deals its gunship with a daedalus attack, BF then does its own daedalus punch to the body. Bye bye BG.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

spoiler about the aimo song:

according to ranka, aimo is a love song sung by the vajra hive every thousand or so years when they try to mate with a hive from another galaxy. no wonder why the vajra were going crazy every time ranka sang it

:ph34r:

According to Ranka, Aimo is a love song sung by the Vajra hive every thousand or so years when they try to mate with a hive from another galaxy. No wonder why the Vajra were going crazy every time Ranka sang it :ph34r:

LOL, that's awesome.

With regards to Dicky B., I'd have to guess that since he seemed to be such a huge Minmey fan, he was hoping that when the entire galaxy was connected, he'd be able to "meet" her again. Of course, this was all assuming she was still alive.

I suppose, that's kinda weaksauce, though. Plus, to be "connected" with her, wouldn't she need a Fold Quartz implant?

I suppose, that's kinda weaksauce, though. Plus, to be "connected" with her, wouldn't she need a Fold Quartz implant?

That's far too reasonable a thing for a crazy old obsessed Zentradi fanboy to realize! But yes, I would agree with you on that point. However, considering that fold faults would not be problematic, and communication could be near instantaneous, it would be far easier to find her.

That's far too reasonable a thing for a crazy old obsessed Zentradi fanboy to realize! But yes, I would agree with you on that point. However, considering that fold faults would not be problematic, and communication could be near instantaneous, it would be far easier to find her.

Hmm, possible. Perhaps he knows they are supposedly "lost", and hopes it will help them find the Megaroad-01, eh?

spoiler about the aimo song:

according to ranka, aimo is a love song sung by the vajra hive every thousand or so years when they try to mate with a hive from another galaxy. no wonder why the vajra were going crazy every time ranka sang it

:ph34r:

haha gotta back up what the Duke said, that is too awesome. So basically they were put into heat and driven mad. No wonder sigh the poor Vajra (minus the one bastard that stabbed Michel)

as for minmay makes you wonder. Maybe the Movie could be "Macross Frontier: the Search for Minmay" or "The Search for Megaroad 1" I can dream

Edited by Cybergig1

Well, that was some finale. Grace gets owned, Leon get owned(?) Battle Galaxy definately got owned.

Ghost vs Ghost was cool. Poor NUNS cannon-fodder kid, though )=

Only one who got away completely was Bilrer. Makes me think we might learn more about him and his goal in the movie perhaps?

Epic finale, and I'm not too disappointed that everyone got out alive.

Any idea what this is on the right side of the frame?

post-1187-1222381844_thumb.jpg

Oh nothing its just one of those stone carvings found on Mayan island during Macross Zero...

Meaning Frontier has just landed themselves a Protoculture planet.

Now where is Sara and Shin?

Epic finale, and I'm not too disappointed that everyone got out alive.

Any idea what this is on the right side of the frame?

post-1187-1222381844_thumb.jpg

I was woried about that ..... remainds of Galaxy anonimous :ph34r: ? Anyway i keep watching the episode over and over ....I'm pretty sure I havent seen such a flashy, cool and over the top amazing ending in a long long time ..... actually I haven't seen such a cool one. The whole episode reminds of of that final battle from Guren Lagann, when it splits up into the smaller forms and charges the anti spiral... well the entire episode is like that awsome scene :p.

I so love the opening scene with the Vajra ship aproaching battle frontiers bridge then getting blast by quater. Now that's a nice reference ;) (btw who called that this scene would happen :p?)

OMG I NEED THAT MOVIE

Edited by whispo

I so love the opening scene with the Vajra ship aproaching battle frontiers bridge then getting blast by quater. Now that's a nice reference ;) (btw who called that this scene would happen :p ?)

That was me, but I'm not interested in those things xD

WOW.... There was a scene in the last episode of E7 when Holland charged his brother's ship, that one scene filled me with such a rush. It is by far my favorite Mecha moment in the whole series. The last episode of frontier had me on that rush for nearly the entire episode. That's tough to do, I still think that moment when Shin and Nora were twisting it up in the last episode of Zero had more intensity than nearly any other Dogfight in the series but the Episode as a whole just blew the doors of everyone else.

I loved Alto's salute to SMS-007 as she went down. I guess words can't even express the thanks he had for that bird. But that's three fighters he burned through in this series, is that a record?

Edited by Fade Rathnik

Try YouTube... :rolleyes:

Are you sure...? :rolleyes:

And it's not unheard of for a franchise's creator/head to back up and reverse a statement/deceleration about not covering a specific event.

Oh nothing its just one of those stone carvings found on Mayan island during Macross Zero...

Meaning Frontier has just landed themselves a Protoculture planet.

Now where is Sara and Shin?

Perfect setup for another season of episodes or a few movies.

Hmm, possible. Perhaps he knows they are supposedly "lost", and hopes it will help them find the Megaroad-01, eh?

Either he knows what happened to the Megaroad, or there is something surrounding her that makes her that makes her very valuable-- beyond the personalities aboard her when she was lost.

It's official! I'm gonna have all those blu-rays of Macross Frontier really ended WITH A VERY BIG BANG!!!!

Sure, not all loose ends were tied up but they already announced a movie at the end of the episode so might as well believe the LOVE STORY ended there and not the HAREM version of ep 25 hahahaha! XD

Besides, Alto did the salute gesture to Sheryl while in the side of Battle Frontier bridge like Hikaru to Misa in the old days hehehe XD

NO TIMEFRAME IS WASTED EVEN FOR AN OPENING OR ENDING VID!!! EPISODE WAS VERY EPIC!!!

wahhh.. the long wait for the movie begins XD

<---- SO EXCITED!!!!

THANK YOU SK!!! XD

Minmay gave the old Varj a wee bit of culture-shock back in the day, eh? Could work. Which we could have gotten a little more info on how the Protoculture worked into all this. So far it feels/seems that coreward of the Milky-Way something big is waiting for humanity.

Man, Comcast is going to fraking hate me this weekend :lol:

Well, as long as you don't exceed their bandwidth limit. Otherwise you will end up hating comcast.

AWESOME EPISODE!! Ranka b*tchslaps Sheryl then cures her, saves the day by turning the Varja against Grace, thus causing them to shield Island-1 when attacked, and makes it back to sing her song on the Macross Quarter! RANKA WINS! ^_^

I have to go back and watch it again because the action goes by so fast, You NEED a slow button when the mecha pron gets started! Just like alot of people predicted this was too much too fast, however it's not a letdown (except for those"who will end up with Alto" viewers); the resolution between those three will probably be resolved in the Macross F movie!! ^_^

Edited by aerocombatpilot