Video Games that SHOULD be turned into movies......

taksraven

How about "Chronotrigger"? some studio should give it a shot.

Great game, memorable characters, and a ton of replay value. BUT the problem (as with most RPG's) would be that the movie format wouldn't lend itself to the story.

If you made CT, any Final Fantasy game, or heck even the original Knights of the Old Republic into a movie, there would be too many plot twists and not enough time to really relate and become attached to the characters.

----------------------------------

How about Virtual-On? Take the concept of remotely controlling these big ol' mechs, and add a crapload of subtext and social commentary.

Make the mech battles joyously violent and destructive as hell. I'm talking cities getting totally leveled. Mechs beating up on each other. Crazy weapons galore getting busted out. And hapless bystanders biting it as "collateral damage." Just go all-out with gusto!!

But then add in a subtle subtext about how desensitized we get when the battles are far away and how we become incredibly detached thanks to that separation between us and the destruction.

It could be a cool, thought-provoking movie. And if it sucks, at least we'd have a ton of mecha pR0n!! :D

Make the mech battles joyously violent and destructive as hell. I'm talking cities getting totally leveled. Mechs beating up on each other. Crazy weapons galore getting busted out. And hapless bystanders biting it as "collateral damage." Just go all-out with gusto!!

But then add in a subtle subtext about how desensitized we get when the battles are far away and how we become incredibly detached thanks to that separation between us and the destruction.

It could be a cool, thought-provoking movie. And if it sucks, at least we'd have a ton of mecha pR0n!! :D

Hmm, talking about collateral damage, Megas XLR live action, that would rock :lol: But its not a game -_- . I still want my Duke Nukem.

Edited by Morpheus

Why not make a live-action Lemmings movie?

Its called the Obama campaign. You can see installments nightly on CNN.

Edit in:

I think Obama is a viable option, I just think a large portion of his supporters are mindless morons, like lemmings.

Edited by Agent ONE

Great game, memorable characters, and a ton of replay value. BUT the problem (as with most RPG's) would be that the movie format wouldn't lend itself to the story.

If you made CT, any Final Fantasy game, or heck even the original Knights of the Old Republic into a movie, there would be too many plot twists and not enough time to really relate and become attached to the characters.

Naw, you could do CT. Solely because it's so open(for a JRPG).

Once the reach the End of Time, they go into the trashcan warp, fight Lavos, get raped, and die.

"BUT... THE FUTURE REFUSED TO CHANGE."

See? It's perfectly faithful to the game AND short enough for a movie!

Its called the Obama campaign. You can see installments nightly on CNN.

Edit in:

I think Obama is a viable option, I just think a large portion of his supporters are mindless morons, like lemmings.

You could say that about any political figure.

Taksraven

Megaman X.

That game has the most unintentionally funny ending ever.

"But those who sacrificed themselves for the victory will never return..." until they do, then die again, then come back again, then die again, then rebuild themselves in a cave... with scraps, etc.

"How long must he keep on fighting?

How long will his pain last?"

Megaman? More like Emoman.

A dark omen of things to come later.

I'm not even making this up.

Having said that...

I wanna replay X1 now.

Just for the music.

Damn you. Damn you to Wisconsin.