Bandai Origin of Valkyrie 1/55 News Thread

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Are you still interested in Chunky Monkeys?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. do they still rule?

• Yes, I'm going to collect the new line and toynami's Robotech updated ones
    • I'm going to buy only Bandai's line
    • I'm only getting the Robotech line with the new heads
    • No I'm over it.

Hey misterryno, Are the FP's a greeny green color or more a Luftwaffe Grey-green color? Kinda hard to tell by the pics....

I couldn't tell ya mate. I believe Toons owns one...but I do not yet.

:ph34r:

I`m really concern if toynami will use less die-cast and low QC plastic like other products.

It has been said that the Toynami versions will be produced by Bandai, since the deal is that Toynami is going to be the US distributor for some of Bandai's collectors' toys.

I`m really concern if toynami will use less die-cast and low QC plastic like other products.

Doubt it, the only difference on the Ride Armors they imported was a sticker on the box, nothing else.

It has been said that the Toynami versions will be produced by Bandai, since the deal is that Toynami is going to be the US distributor for some of Bandai's collectors' toys.

This guy FTW

Now...George Sohn said on collectiondx's SDCC pod cast that the Robotech chunkies will be made depending on demand. Well....just showing the VF-1D will not drive up demand, showing that and the DYRL trio would have(Strike, ELINT, Super O).

It may not seem like it, but there is a good number of collectors that still want chunkies, aside myself. I'd be all over the Robotech versions, provided we get a TV Max type 1A, the VF-1D shown, and other interesting choices. I wouldn't care much for Kakizaki's 1A. I'd love to see an Angel Birds 1A.

Now...George Sohn said on collectiondx's SDCC pod cast that the Robotech chunkies will be made depending on demand. Well....just showing the VF-1D will not drive up demand, showing that and the DYRL trio would have(Strike, ELINT, Super O).

I'm with you on this...of course...you should already know that. I am a lover of the Chunky.

I don't care what's on the box (made that mistake enough in the 80s!) but the Bandai product inside. I'll happily buy either Bandai's or Toynami's. In either case, they're made by one of the best toy makers in the world, and sold by people who - after all these years - still considered them some of the best damn toys ever made.

Finally saw the Roy, Max & Hikaru on sale in Animate yesterday, but decided to pass. While they where good toys back in the day, they don't really cut it anymore IMO.

I may pick up one for my 4 year old though, as he is still too young for Yamatos.

Graham

I just remember playing with my 55s when I was a kid. When I transform one its like going back.

Besides how many times have your buddies grabbed your 1/48 off the shelf and tried to transform it? Heart attack time right? They look at it, and I hand em a 55 and tell em to knock themselves out.

I just remember playing with my 55s when I was a kid. When I transform one its like going back.

Besides how many times have your buddies grabbed your 1/48 off the shelf and tried to transform it? Heart attack time right? They look at it, and I hand em a 55 and tell em to knock themselves out.

LoL. Well i put the fear of an Agent ONE type beating in my buddies with a stare if the even think about touching my 1/48's. and they can't touch the 1/55's either. :lol:

and they can't touch the 1/55's either. :lol:

:lol: DAMN STRAIGHT!!! :lol:

especially since the only 1/55 I have right now is my Strike Hikky which I built from parts. ^_^

20+ years later and no matter how improved Yamato has become in qc and technoligical advancements, they have yet to make a valkyrie built as durable as the 1/55. Sure people will say there have to be compromises, but with toy technology advancing rapidly through the years, there is no excuse.

Until the day someone makes a valkyrie as durable as a takatoku/bandai and as detailed as a Yamato, no one has made a better VF-1 valkyrie toy than Takatoku/Bandai. For a chunky to look good back then, and just as good now says a lot about the timeless aspect of the mold, it cannot be said for many of the toys made around the same era. G1 Prime, DX Mazinger Z, DX Ideon, DX et al, all have had modern counterparts that were much more refined, detailed, and just as, if not more durable than their older counterparts. The VF-1 Valkyrie? Not yet. I think Yamato is capable of doing so but they have not just yet.

With that said, I think Toynami should just go ahead and announce what they have planned. There are a lot of people who would preorder the Strike/ELINT/Super O/VF-1D valks once they are announced.

where's the option for only interested on the VE-1, VF-1D and the VT-1?

Unfortunately there is not that option...but I think that most of us already know that over 50% of the people that are interested in the 1/55 reissues are only interested in those 3. I am not.....I am interested in all of them. I just need to save some extra dough to get them all.

It's not an option because right now it's only a pipe dream. If it was confirmed or if there was any actual photographs that would lead us to conclude that there are even a slight possibility of these coming out, like the photos of the 1D and the mock up Robotech heads, then it would have been an option. But right now, we've only heard of such possibilities from these forums and some people took that speculation too seriously. I have very little doubt that those would do well though. I think everyone needs those pieces, including the strike and the GBP to complete their collections. I would hope they improve the sculpt on that strike cannon though.

Hell they should make the JMs again... or mass produce the JM2.

It's not an option because right now it's only a pipe dream. If it was confirmed or if there was any actual photographs that would lead us to conclude that there are even a slight possibility of these coming out, like the photos of the 1D and the mock up Robotech heads, then it would have been an option. But right now, we've only heard of such possibilities from these forums and some people took that speculation too seriously. I have very little doubt that those would do well though. I think everyone needs those pieces, including the strike and the GBP to complete their collections. I would hope they improve the sculpt on that strike cannon though.

Hell they should make the JMs again... or mass produce the JM2.

My FAVORITE thing about you brother....is how optimistic you are :lol: . I must say though...I TOTALLY agree with you that one must have at least the Trilogy and the GBP to make a true Chunky collection. That is my hope for this line this time around. We'll see though eh!?! :rolleyes: I also concur with you on the re-sculpting of the strike cannon. There's not too much I would change.....just a little.

QFTW!!!

Okay, enough with the short one sentence or less replies. Right now you're spamming the boards and it's getting a little tiresome. 4000+ posts in one year? Our most active members who post relevant information took 4+ years to get up to that type of post count. You're post whoring and if all you're trying to do is get to number one in posts I'm going to drop your post count back to zero. Consider this your warning.

Only Post :

if you've got something to contribute to the thread.

if you've an answer to a question if it hasn't already been answered or you have some relevant information to add to the answer.

if you've got multiple posts you wish to reply in one thread do it in one post. If I see intentional consecutive posts your post count is wiped.

In the rules:

Spamming.

Making short or non-sensical responses in order to increase your post count.

Okay, enough with the short one sentence or less replies. Right now you're spamming the boards and it's getting a little tiresome. 4000+ posts in one year? Our most active members who post relevant information took 4+ years to get up to that type of post count. You're post whoring and if all you're trying to do is get to number one in posts I'm going to drop your post count back to zero. Consider this your warning.

Only Post :

if you've an answer to a question if it hasn't already been answered or you have some relevant information to add to the answer.

if you've got multiple posts you wish to reply in one thread do it in one post. If I see intentional consecutive posts your post count is wiped.

If you are trying to set an example I can see why you would post this here. I am not "spamming" the boards nor do I care what my post count is. Instead of continuing on here I am taking a more "professional" approach at this by PMing you. You should check it.

I took this shot yesterday and one thing that has never changed about the 1/55, is that its a great subject for pics. I love this thing!

That's a good shot. I really dig the angle. Not to many people take a shot of their birds from the back...but I usually throw one in there myself when I am taking pics. And you are absolutely correct.....the 1/55 chunky is a GREAT valk. and venture to say close to the best.

If you are trying to set an example I can see why you would post this here. I am not "spamming" the boards nor do I care what my post count is. Instead of continuing on here I am taking a more "professional" approach at this by PMing you. You should check it.

I hate to get involved, but has Ryan really offended anyone or done anything bad? A lot of people leave posts that don't measure up to the slim guidelines laid out by Dangard Ace, so what? Ryan has contributed a lot of content to the boards since he joined here including photos, customization tips, sales, etc. So he's more enthusiastic than most others, are we so jaded on this hobby that we have to rake the knuckles of someone who is really having a blast?

I'd also like to add that his recent Mod-imposed 'titles' are insulting, juvenile and far more offensive than anything Ryan has posted or done. Stop picking on the guy and let him enjoy Macross.

Edited by eriku

I hate to get involved, but has Ryan really offended anyone or done anything bad? A lot of people leave posts that don't measure up to the slim guidelines laid out by Dangard Ace, so what? Ryan has contributed a lot of content to the boards since he joined here including photos, customization tips, sales, etc. So he's more enthusiastic than most others, are we so jaded on this hobby that we have to rake the knuckles of someone who is really having a blast?

I'd also like to add that his recent Mod-imposed 'titles' are insulting, juvenile and far more offensive than anything Ryan has posted or done. Stop picking on the guy and let him enjoy Macross.

Even though this is going to be an amazingly short post and not wanted by certain people out there. Thank you eriku for saying what you just said. It means alot to me. You are truly a good guy and fellow Ballchinian!

OO

I do not want to take this thread any further off topic but do want to say that I appreciate Misterryno and his presence here on the forums. I agree with Eriku that he does contribute to the community in a positive way. I also commend his insane enthusiasm. he is a real FAN. .....

Back on track, am I the only one that hopes they reissue the Cannon Fodder VF-1A and include fast packs? That is my favorite color scheme for chunky monkey. I have always wondered why that one did not sell so well with the last release. Am I alone in loving this?

Only Post :

Seriously, what does it matter? Are MW members complaining? Are the posts causing the server to crash? If so, that's one thing, but I thought most were here to obatin and share Macross info and goodness while having some fun in the process. Most people who post have gotten in on the fun and gotten off topic, but for the most part it's all in fun. If the 4000 + plus number is causing people distress or dare I say jealousy, why not just reset the number to "0" or not count the post at all? What does it account for anyway? It's almost like some guys are standing in the shower and comaring the size of their Ballchinians...

Being in a position of leadership, the expectation is different. This is certainly something that should have taken place in PM. Instead of condescending custom titles why not "man up" and hit the Ballchinian in PM instead of him putting him on blast as if "you've had it up to here" with excessive posting? Not very mod like in IMHO.

:wacko:

OO

Back on track, am I the only one that hopes they reissue the Cannon Fodder VF-1A and include fast packs? That is my favorite color scheme for chunky monkey. I have always wondered why that one did not sell so well with the last release. Am I alone in loving this?

I like that idea. It can fit in both DYRL and the TV series since it showed up in both. I just wish we get different squadron stickers, so we can customize to our content. Like Apollo Squadron, Vermillion team, et al.