Pics of Yamato's booth at Summer Wonderfest 08

chowyunskinny

The canopy on the prototype we've just seen is not extended forward or backwards, but it should extend backwards according to the VF-1D design. Not sure if that answers your question.

Right, that was my point as well. With the nose section removeable, they could have easily lengthened the upper half to extend into the chest plate more. The upper half of the nose section and the chest plate have to be a different mold from the 1-seaters regardless, so it's not like it would be more complex or costly to manufacture.

I go away from the boards for 18 hours and then get 4 pages of what I have been looking for for weeks!!! YES!!!

This VF-1D is MINE. Someone help me secure one before it sells out at preorder. I can not live life if I miss this release!

I CAN SEE MINMAY! :lol:

and of course Hikky civvi pilot suit.. :rolleyes: Well done Yamato well done.

Man i'm almost sold on getting two.........................

Hells motherjumpin Yeah!!!!!

I was not sure but they did it. They freakin did it and I am so happy. This may be the ultimate macross valk.

Right, that was my point as well. With the nose section removeable, they could have easily lengthened the upper half to extend into the chest plate more. The upper half of the nose section and the chest plate have to be a different mold from the 1-seaters regardless, so it's not like it would be more complex or costly to manufacture.

but then there will be lesser room for the heatshield... also the extended part will sit higher in battroid mode since even for the 1S it is not entirely covered by the chest plate.

but then there will be lesser room for the heatshield... also the extended part will sit higher in battroid mode since even for the 1S it is not entirely covered by the chest plate.

If I'm not mistaken, in the lineart, the chest section of the 1D does not have the indent (where the head sits) and the canopy extends further backward. In other words the section of the chest where the heat shield slides out is the same length (the canopy is extended the same distance as the indent is in the normal variants, so its just like they moved that part of the chest up but its the same size). So in reality it would be pretty much the same (the head would sit higher but the extended part of the canopy would be exposed the same amount as the 1S). I guess pics would help but I don't have any handy. Of course I could be mistaken but that's always how I interpreted the lengthening of the canopy.

Edit: I checked the lineart of 1D and 1A and it seems that the middle part of the chest is actually shorter on the 1D, so its not just shifted back. On the Yamato it's definitely the same size tho. Hmm.

Edited by Raptor One

I go away from the boards for 18 hours and then get 4 pages of what I have been looking for for weeks!!! YES!!!

This VF-1D is MINE. Someone help me secure one before it sells out at preorder. I can not live life if I miss this release!

Hells motherjumpin Yeah!!!!!

I was not sure but they did it. They freakin did it and I am so happy. This may be the ultimate macross valk.

heh heh doesn't she just look great in there! :D Minmay RULES!

One thing i'm deffinently going to do is use these same figs for the VT-1 Super Ostrich when it comes out sometime next year,

The VT-1 in my opinion is the Hot Rod of valks, it's the leisure vehicle, the Valk for gettin out an having fun with, and i gotta place the hikky civvi suit and Minmay teen dress in there...

Gonna happen!!!!

Now i need someone to do up a 1/48 version Hikaru and Minmay (and of course Misa!!) , so we can have them for our 1/48 2 seater kits.

I know how when you have a mold it is easier to make it smaller, but harder (impossible?) to make them larger...

Just so happy the 1D is coming! :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Maybe we wont have to. Maybe.....just maybe....it'll be a new gimmick!!

lol... i'm happy with the non screwing method.

\

I AM going to do it though, having the 1D free falling down in Gerwalk with right arm falling away by a couple of strings. The Minmay fig is more important play fig than one would think! :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I can see it now: the first customs of the 1/60 vf-1d are going to be weathered VF-1D with busted arm and battle damage.

The super O should come with 3 pilots.

1 is hikaru

1 is minmay when she goes on the date

1 is misa when hikaru and misa both escape the alien ship and get seperated.

Yes! Threesome! :lol:

That would have to be four pilots then -- you need two versions of Hikaru, remember he changes costume (somehow) while on the alien ship, between his date with Minmay and his escape with Misa.

Same as Misa, she had her flightsuit on before the capture and then escaping in normal outfit..

which one do i want, flightsuit or blue suit, deffinently want her with helmet off!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

According to HLJ's coverage of Wonderfest, they said that the 1D will be out sometime next year. If that's the case, then I wonder what's coming after the Hikaru 1J?

-Kyp

Max and Millia VF-1J's?

Cannon Fodder?

:lol: