Latest 1/48

wasabi-elephant

I Like the fire scheme. But the low vis box is the best IMO.

Ah, this sucks I want the Hikaru VF-1S so bad! Damn Car Insurance, and the Cali car tax. I might not be able to get this until next year if it's still around. :angry:

Its just the Hikaru 1A with a 1S head. I was hoping for a black heatshield.

That's how I felt about the 1/48 hikaru VF-1A. Just another 1A, but I have wanted a Hikaru Strike VF-1S since I saw DYRL. Since Bandai didn't re-issue one and they didn't make one in 1/60. I'm glad Yamato finally did in 1/48. I bought a set of fast packs specifically for this release. :ph34r:

Hiya guys,

For me, i will get two sets of the 1/48 VF-1S hikaru. Why? cos i always love the VF-1S Strike both Roy and Hikaru versions, sad to say i missed out on the bandai VF-1S strike when i was a kid, so i aint gonna to miss out on this one. Had one on pre-order from our friendly neighbourhood retailer and friend, Noel. Maybe will purchase another from him if there is any left after others get theirs.

Cheers

When's the Focker re-release coming out?

Not too sure Gobotfool, the VF-1S and VF-1A reissues are supposed to be scheduled for a November release, maybe you will get to see them before the release of 1/48 VF-1J.

Boy the following two months are going to be expensive. VF-1S hikaru, VF-1S Roy, VF-1J, Masterpiece Optimus Prime, BT-02 SideSweep. Guess how much its gonna to cost me? Beats me but my wallet is crying.

Cheers

Boy the following two months are going to be expensive. VF-1S hikaru, VF-1S Roy, VF-1J, Masterpiece Optimus Prime, BT-02 SideSweep. Guess how much its gonna to cost me? Beats me but my wallet is crying.

Cheers

Yep. Tell me about it. I have mostly everything you listed on pre-order. The space under my Christmas tree will be pretty impressive. :lol:

Cheers

Yep. Tell me about it. I have mostly everything you listed on pre-order. The space under my Christmas tree will be pretty impressive. :lol:

Taking about christmas presents, these will be the best presents for the year 2003! :D Unfortunately they are all for me, noone is getting any presents from this year.

Cheers

That's a rip if I ever seen one. You're telling me I have to spend $120 for a different head??? *Sigh*, when will the greed ever end?

Sigh. . .

Some of you need to get this through your head. . .

Some of us don't model. Some of us don't paint. Some of us wanted a Hikaru 1S. Yamato has made it available to those of us who want one.

The only way this would be a rip is:

1. They broke into your home and deposited one, and then forcibly removed the $120 from your wallet.

2. There is any evidence that this 1S has taken the place of a more desirable valk.

Considering neither of those are true (it hardly costs Yamato anything to put the Roy head on the 1A body), we need to stop acting like somehow Yamato is freakin' wronging us somehow.

I think this warrants some yelling: JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT SOMETHING DOESN'T MEAN YAMATO SHOULDN'T HAVE MADE IT OR THAT YAMATO IS BEING "UNIMAGINATIVE" OR DUMB.

H

I know it is just a different head, but I've been waiting for this valk for a while. The Hikaru Strike is the definitive VF-1 for me.

I think I'll be done with the 1/48 line for a while once I get the 1/48 VF-1J with FAST packs. I don't much care about the 1J Max & Milia. A CF could tempt me though.

Considering neither of those are true (it hardly costs Yamato anything to put the Roy head on the 1A body), we need to stop acting like somehow Yamato is freakin' wronging us somehow.

I think this warrants some yelling: JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT SOMETHING DOESN'T MEAN YAMATO SHOULDN'T HAVE MADE IT OR THAT YAMATO IS BEING "UNIMAGINATIVE" OR DUMB.

H

BRAVO!!!!!!!!

Very well said Hurin!!!

Would you believe some of us here have put up with that same BS everytime a Yamato thread pops up, a new Yamato Valk comes out, ever since Yamato started releasing Macross stuff?

Sigh, unfortunately thick heads with air in between them are hard to crack and put some "sense" in.

a thought here.....

yamato hasn't made enough 1/48 Fast Pack to match the large quantity of 1/48 valks to circulate around the world! <_<

yes, i want this hikaru 1S cos it's my dream valk.

but what's the point of having another VF-1 if there aren't enough FP made?

it's like living in a house without a roof.

I think I'm going to remove the heatshield from my original Roy 1S and leave it in fighter mode. Then I can use its heatshield to replace the red one. It'll be sweet!

I know red is canon. But ever since my first real valk (the Bandai 1S Strike when I was a kid), black has always seemed more "right" to me. :)

H

I think this warrants some yelling:  JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT SOMETHING DOESN'T MEAN YAMATO SHOULDN'T HAVE MADE IT OR THAT YAMATO IS BEING "UNIMAGINATIVE" OR DUMB.

H

BRAVO!!!!!!!!

Very well said Hurin!!!

Would you believe some of us here have put up with that same BS everytime a Yamato thread pops up, a new Yamato Valk comes out, ever since Yamato started releasing Macross stuff?

Sigh, unfortunately thick heads with air in between them are hard to crack and put some "sense" in.

1/48 envy? ;)

Looks great... now to figure out how to squeeze this one and the VF-1J w/FP in to my budget and we'll be set.

And folks, quit whining about it being just a different head. This is Macross, this is a VF-1, this should all be no surprise to anyone with any familiarity with the series or the designs.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Looks like this has just been released in Japan & H.K.........

VF-1S Hikaru

.....since I don't have the VF-1A Hikaru, it's very hard to resist the temptation.... :rolleyes:

Welll,

That's one I will have to let pass bye.

Looks good though

Me too. I can't wait for the VF-1Js.