The Science of Song Energy

VFTF1

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080624/tc_nm/britain_phone_dc

Mobile phone operator Orange said on Tuesday it had teamed up with GotWind, a firm specializing in renewable energy, to produce a recharger powered by dance energy alone.

This is great news!!

Song Energy is NOT far behind!!

Read it and weep, my fellow fans who call "foul" every time Macross Zero or Macross 7 shows us something "mystical."

As I've argued in other threads - "mysticism" is usually a term used to cover phenomena that we are not yet able to wrap our brains around. Yet scientific advances have achieved in real terms what was once thought to be the province of wizards.

When science fiction is bold - as Macross always has been - it concieves of scientific discoveries in terms and forms that even for us - superficially advanced and modern - seem to reak of "mysticism."

Yet what is mystic for us will be standard issue for people in a couple hundred years!

Of course- I needn't point out that in order to CREATE dance energy - you need SONGS! And MUSIC! Ergo -Song Energy!

Wooo hoo! :)

Basara would be proud of us!

VFTF1

Quick, someone break out the instruments and lets start singing and dancing to Planet Dance.

Saza Hajimaruze SATURDAY NIGHT, choshi ha dodai?

LET'S STAND UP, BEAT wo kanjirukai.

Edited by d3v

This is great news!!

Read it and weep, my fellow fans who call "foul" every time Macross Zero or Macross 7 shows us something "mystical."

Macross Zero didn't use song energy. The Aphos was reacting to Sara's singing, causing the various physical effects and disturbances.

Macross Zero didn't use song energy. The Aphos was reacting to Sara's singing, causing the various physical effects and disturbances.

I dunno, I always felt that Macoss Zero was an attempt to reuse the concepts of song energy and spiritia and make them seem less cheezy. For all we know, the AFOS and bits of protoculture ruins on the island weren't reacting to the singing per se, but to the spiritia Sara was generating while she was singing.

Also:

Kawari tzuzukeru seizato mienai ase to namidaga

INTO MY HEART yuuki wo kureru

I never had problems with mysticism, I just don't like Basara that much for some reason, but the Planet Dance song is good (I don't really have a problem with Fire Bomber as a whole). Of course there is energy in songs and music, it is more or less the way it is used and portrayed in Macross 7 that makes we wonder. I've always said "magic is merely a form of science that has yet to be understood."

I would chime in with more lines from Planet Dance... but I don't know any...

I never had problems with mysticism, I just don't like Basara that much for some reason, but the Planet Dance song is good (I don't really have a problem with Fire Bomber as a whole). Of course there is energy in songs and music, it is more or less the way it is used and portrayed in Macross 7 that makes we wonder. I've always said "magic is merely a form of science that has yet to be understood."

I would chime in with more lines from Planet Dance... but I don't know any...

just wondering... is planet dance really good, or is it just that we heard it so many times over the course of 49 episodes, again and frickin again, that our brain has no choice but to like it? hehehe.

that being said...

No more wasting love!

Ai wa muda ni suru na

Omae dake o

Dareka ga mitsumeru hazu

alright!! i think my i-pod's charging up!! :D

Edited by dreamweaver13

Dance energy is just kinetic energy - kinetic energy generated by a person's movements. This is nothing new. Those with automatic watches work on dance energy.

Real anima spiritia would probably more more tied to endorphins and seratonin and adrenaline in the brain.

if even the protodevlin couldn't stop themselves, what chance do you have? :D

Well technically, the song they couldn't stop singing was Try Again.

Tatta hitotsu no kotoba de

Mirai wa kimaru no sa

This is great news!!

VFTF1

We call foul to speakers in space, rainbow rays capable of stopping a SD Canon blast and musical instruments used as control sticks for highly complex transforming fighter craft. The idea that songs can change a person's demeanor and attitude or affect non-sentient life is not new.

Kinetic energy generators are not new either, ever buy a flash light that you have to shake to light? Same principle.

However such an article doesn't remotely support physical energy generation by the use of song...

Some people's kids, taking a crumb of dirt and calling it a loaf of bread... :rolleyes:

Edited by Zinjo

We call foul to speakers in space, rainbow rays capable of stopping a SD Canon blast and musical instruments used as control sticks for highly complex transforming fighter craft. The idea that songs can change a person's demeanor and attitude or affect non-sentient life is not new.

Kinetic energy generators are not new either, ever buy a flash light that you have to shake to light? Same principle.

However such an article doesn't remotely support physical energy generation by the use of song...

Some people's kids, taking a crumb of dirt and calling it a loaf of bread... :rolleyes:

Amen brother, we are of the same mindset on this topic.

Do I detect some pesimism amongst some of you? :)

Let me...Try Again!

Mirai wa kimaru no sa

... :)

Oh - bother - I can't sing, and I don't know Japanese - I am only capable of melting away as my spiritia levels rise thanks to the power of song, but like the Protodevilin - I am as yet incapable of generating the stuff - although I do believe I have it in me - I just need to right context, a bit of practice...maybe a shower?....

But seriously:

a) Speakers in space

This issue did indeed "bug" me - after all, as the old cliche goes "In Space, no one can hear you scream." So....it would technically follow that no one could hear you sing either.

But the speaker pods Bassara shoots punch through a craft and then seal the "rift" between the pod and the hole that resulted from the punch - and then inject sound into an atmospherized and properly presurized environment. Sure, it's far fetched - but it's not just "sound in space" by any means.

As to the Strike Super Sound Parts, as I like to call them - this is a different level all together. They do not, ipso facto, transmit sound through space (impossible) - they transmit SONG ENERGY which itself is harnessed by the Sound Booster and then "shot" at the enemy - this is pure, undiluted Song Energy which washes over the enemy and most likely generates sound in their brains using positrons or some other transmitor that can go through space - much like a radio wave.

Think of radio sound waves that travel through space - we can't "hear" them - but when they are picked up by a radio in an insulated space craft; they are immediately converted into sound.

Song Energy works on a similar principle - only the recieving "radio" is the enemy's brain - which instantly converts the Song Energy into Bassara's music and lyrics (albeit somewhat garbled and with the equivalent of "static" I'm sure)...

In any case - The assumption that "rainbow waves" could never best a Super Dimensional Cannon have no basis in fact or rationality but are merely the result of the stereotype that weapons of destruction are always more powerful than weapons of construction.

Power to the Dream! :)

VFTF1

Good call MisaForgotten, that makes sense there. Zentradi didn't know what culture was and the Protodeviln are form another dimension so they never heard music before. I didn't say anything about the speakers though, I've been informed that they aren't actually playing sound in space. I just think the whole thing is weird.

Good call MisaForgotten, that makes sense there. Zentradi didn't know what culture was and the Protodeviln are form another dimension so they never heard music before. I didn't say anything about the speakers though, I've been informed that they aren't actually playing sound in space. I just think the whole thing is weird.

Oi, who you callin' "forgotten"? I'd kick your arse but I agree with you agreeing with me. :D:lol:

No, the "p" word you are searching for is Pragmatism.

a) Speakers in space

This issue did indeed "bug" me - after all, as the old cliche goes "In Space, no one can hear you scream." So....it would technically follow that no one could hear you sing either.

But the speaker pods Bassara shoots punch through a craft and then seal the "rift" between the pod and the hole that resulted from the punch - and then inject sound into an atmospherized and properly presurized environment. Sure, it's far fetched - but it's not just "sound in space" by any means.

Speaker pods fired into the enemy hull is not what I listed. I listed the speakers built into the fuselage of all the Sound Force valks, including the "Super Sound Parts".

They do not, ipso facto, transmit sound through space (impossible) - they transmit SONG ENERGY which itself is harnessed by the Sound Booster and then "shot" at the enemy - this is pure, undiluted Song Energy which washes over the enemy and most likely generates sound in their brains using positrons or some other transmitor that can go through space - much like a radio wave.

What is "song energy"? How does a song convert into tangible, tactile energy? The VF-19Kai did not have radio antenna popping out of its shoulders, but in fact "speakers".

The only valk that even remotely supported that notion was the VF-19P with the bolt on shoulder bits that looked more like antennas than speakers...

Think of radio sound waves that travel through space - we can't "hear" them - but when they are picked up by a radio in an insulated space craft; they are immediately converted into sound.

Song Energy works on a similar principle - only the recieving "radio" is the enemy's brain - which instantly converts the Song Energy into Bassara's music and lyrics (albeit somewhat garbled and with the equivalent of "static" I'm sure)...

So then it is space static that affects the hearts and minds of Super Dimension beings? Hmmm, sounds like another shoot the gravimetric beam through the deflector dish explanation to me... :rolleyes:

In any case - The assumption that "rainbow waves" could never best a Super Dimensional Cannon have no basis in fact or rationality but are merely the result of the stereotype that weapons of destruction are always more powerful than weapons of construction.

Riiiiight... Trying to figure out how a shreiking singer and his band possess "weapons of construction"... :lol:

Edited by Zinjo

Let me...Try Again!

Mirai wa kimaru no sa

... :)

Oh - bother - I can't sing, and I don't know Japanese - I am only capable of melting away as my spiritia levels rise thanks to the power of song, but like the Protodevilin - I am as yet incapable of generating the stuff - although I do believe I have it in me - I just need to right context, a bit of practice...maybe a shower?....

But seriously:

a) Speakers in space

As to the Strike Super Sound Parts, as I like to call them - this is a different level all together. They do not, ipso facto, transmit sound through space (impossible) - they transmit SONG ENERGY which itself is harnessed by the Sound Booster and then "shot" at the enemy - this is pure, undiluted Song Energy which washes over the enemy and most likely generates sound in their brains using positrons or some other transmitor that can go through space - much like a radio wave.

Power to the Dream! :)

VFTF1

i didn't hate mac7 simply because i took it for what it is. i checked my disbelief at the door, and just watched. so it was ok for me. (of course, there were still "cringe" moments. everyone has them, except you. i think. hehe).

but to actually try to scientifically explain the stuff than went on there? hehe, it;s just making me hate the series. so actually you're putting down mac7 for me instead of building it up. oh, the dilemma. :p

hey... wait a minute... gubaba was able to stop singing?? :o de-culcha!!