The Science of Song Energy

VFTF1

Oi, who you callin' "forgotten"? I'd kick your arse but I agree with you agreeing with me. :D:lol:

Well, it's either that, or we could start calling you KlanForever, but it's not as funny. :lol:

Power to the Dream! :)

POWER TO THE DREAM

POWER TO THE MUSIC

Atarashi-yumega hoshi inosa

I actually forgot that one of the ending themse from Gunbuster was titled Try Again. Man, it's been what, almost a decade since I last saw it.

Dakara ankooru

Setsunasa datte,

Mune ni ankooru

Bane ni shichau wa

Kizutsuitemo

Norikoenagara

Miryoku wo atsumeru no

Haato no oku

Migaki wo kakete

Aserazu ni "try again...!"

But seriously:

a) Speakers in space

This issue did indeed "bug" me - after all, as the old cliche goes "In Space, no one can hear you scream." So....it would technically follow that no one could hear you sing either.

But the speaker pods Bassara shoots punch through a craft and then seal the "rift" between the pod and the hole that resulted from the punch - and then inject sound into an atmospherized and properly presurized environment. Sure, it's far fetched - but it's not just "sound in space" by any means.

You could make the speaker pods a lot more practical at the loss of some fidelity(not that they're likely to be very good speakers to start with).

Instead of punching through the hull and then sealing it, just anchor to the outside of the hull and send vibrations through it.

As to the Strike Super Sound Parts, as I like to call them - this is a different level all together. They do not, ipso facto, transmit sound through space (impossible) - they transmit SONG ENERGY which itself is harnessed by the Sound Booster and then "shot" at the enemy - this is pure, undiluted Song Energy which washes over the enemy and most likely generates sound in their brains using positrons or some other transmitor that can go through space - much like a radio wave.

One of the big sticking points people keep tripping over is that song energy != sound.

Of course, there ARE speakers in the Sound Boosters, but if I recall, they're only shown functioning as speakers in atmosphere.

Yep. Also, the speakers which are built into the valks themselves only ever open within the atmosphere. You never see them opening in space, Basara uses the speaker pods only. This is because the internal speakers are JUST speakers. The sound boosters came after the development of the song energy convertor device, so they are mainly used to transmit sound energy.

Well, sound energy is possible. Sound is an acoustic wave generated by certain vibration, and actually these acoustic wave can be used to generate electricity. By using certain materials (piezoelectric -> convert vibration to electric) these acoustic wave/vibration can be used to generate small amount of electricity.

I guess Basara singing must be very loud in order to generate massive amount of power (acoustic wave -> vibration -> electricity -> light shows).

Wanna real song energy? Try those opera house singer that can use his/her voice to break wine glasses, now that's a destructive sound weapon :lol: