Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

I noticed that, just like last week, the official site still doesn't have any preview images for the upcoming episode. Does anybody remember on which day the preview images appeared last week?

:wacko:

its out now :)

Edited by Shun

IIRC, it was already shown in Episode 4 that the lobsters can fold on their own. Also it was hinted in the Episode 1 (both version I think) hinted that they could fold.

BTW.....

http://i37.tinypic.com/mj2vr9.jpg

Mikhail in a firefight? :blink:

OMG Michael fighting in person? Holy hell, does Leon finally start the coup this episode?!

Or maybe he's sneakin around where Ozma was on Island 3...

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread but here goes.

I was on animesuki today in the Sheryl Nome thread and it looks like she speaks to Ranka post Omg-why-is-Alto-kun-holding-Sheryl-san!

Looks like Sheryl, in my opinion, will tell Ranka that there is nothing going on and will push Alto in her direction as she is sure she is dying now. That's what it looked like from the picture of ep 20 posted in the forum. Maybe she'll also tell her to sing for whatever reason but let it come from the heart and DON'T LISTEN TO GRACE!! :lol:

That's all the news I have to report.

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread but here goes.

I was on animesuki today in the Sheryl Nome thread and it looks like she speaks to Ranka post Omg-why-is-Alto-kun-holding-Sheryl-san!

Looks like Sheryl, in my opinion, will tell Ranka that there is nothing going on and will push Alto in her direction as she is sure she is dying now. That's what it looked like from the picture of ep 20 posted in the forum. Maybe she'll also tell her to sing for whatever reason but let it come from the heart and DON'T LISTEN TO GRACE!! :lol:

That's all the news I have to report.

Actually,

Ranka may also go DYRL Minmei on everybody and run away while the Vajra start destroying Frontier... An "I wish we were the only ones alive" and the proper slap would surely follow...

This is all supposition of course... ^_^

Actually,

Ranka may also go DYRL Minmei on everybody and run away while the Vajra start destroying Frontier... An "I wish we were the only ones alive" and the proper slap would surely follow...

This is all supposition of course... ^_^

Or maybe this show will do something original and not the same thing any of the other series have done.

Just a thought.

Or maybe this show will do something original and not the same thing any of the other series have done.

Just a thought.

I'm betting my money on that ^^, seriously this series's end will probably surprise us all

Are you implying, sir, that Minmay did NOT save the day...?

You insult our fair idol, and I challenege you to a duel.

Drawn microphones at dawn.

I think you misunderstood Gubaba. What they meant was that if Frontier ended with BFG's saving everyone it would be original, implying that all the previous series had everyone being saved by a pop idol, Minmay included.

I think you misunderstood Gubaba. What they meant was that if Frontier ended with BFG's saving everyone it would be original, implying that all the previous series had everyone being saved by a pop idol, Minmay included.

Been done, though not with the use of BFG. Macross Plus. Not saved by an idol but defeating an idol via a pin point barrier kamikaze run.

Been done, though not with the use of BFG. Macross Plus. Not saved by an idol but defeating an idol via a pin point barrier kamikaze run.

I was thinking of series only really, but that is a good point.

I was thinking of series only really, but that is a good point.

Technically speaking, in the original SDF Macross TV Series the very last episode featured a BFG saving the day... (No Minmei singing at all then...) :rolleyes:

Man... U really should think of re-watching the old series... ^_^

post-7862-1219287916_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

But if Myung hadn't been singing, Isamu would've died well before he even reached the Macross...

I guess I just get annoyed when people say they want the war machines to save the day in a Macross series, when that's antithetcal to the whole point of the series in all its various incarnations.

I feel the same way when people mention (as people on other forums have) that they're tired of every Macross series having a singer.

you might as well say, "You know, Gundam's a great series and all, but I'm really sick of every Gundam series having space colonies and mobile suits."

In Macross, the power of love and song is ALWAYS greater than military strength. If you don't accept that (at least in fictional terms), then every Macross ending (except, maybe, ep. 36 of the original series, as Kronnang Dunn pointed out) will be disappointing.

(And yes, Master Dex, I guess I did misunderstand the original post...but the point still stands...a Macross series in which a BFG saved the day WOULD be original, but so would a Macross series without Valkyries, music, or a love triangle...and I don't think any of us would want to see that series.)

Yes song is essential in the series. But the song and singer has a different with every enemy they face.

That is why I used Sheryl Nome's song Diamond Crevasse in my fic for the Cylons.

The NBSG Cylons being mostly monotheists. Well except Cavil.

Technically speaking, in the original SDF Macross TV Series the very last episode featured a BFG saving the day... (No Minmei singing at all then...) :rolleyes:

Man... U really should think of re-watching the old series... ^_^

Ok you may have that point but don't assume I haven't seen the show in ages.

Matter of fact I just watched the original series for the first time in it's original format (that is japanese with subs) very recently. I wasn't thinking of any specific episodes when I made that comment is all, I was thinking in a broad spectrum. Matter of fact when I thought of music saving the say in each series for Macross I pictures the Battle of the Bodol Zer Main fleet above Earth in ep. 27, yes it isn't the final episode but I think it counts for that.

And I agree with Gubaba. Although I will have to admit when I first read a broad description of Macross 7 and how so much more involved the singers were in the story than in the other stuff I didn't like the idea, but now watching the show I don't have any problem with it. It is like Basara often says: I just didn't get it, but now I do. I was blind but now I can see how and why important song is to everything in Macross.

Grapevine:

Alto will reture to kabuki stage.

Sheryl restart songstress life.

Ranka and Brera start escape life in Galaxy.

President Glass is dead in EP.20

===========================

Real info, only dictation by my friend.

Sorry, I hope she give me the design pics tomorrow.

Nanase will be injured, oxygen mask and many bandages(EP.23?)

Ranka will be hijacked again(EP.25 or 23)

Last BOSS like crab??

= =

Edited by kresphy

Grapevine:

Sheryl restart song life.

Ranka and Brera start escape in Galaxy.

Real info, but I do not get the pic, only dictation by my friend.

Nanase will be injured. (EP.23?)

Ranka will be hijacked again. (EP.25 or 23)

Wait, Ranka and Brera "escape" to or from Galaxy?

And Nanase is only injured? I guess that means that Michael will survive, if they will only injure Nanase. ^^

And no big surprise that Ranka needs to be rescued again... besides singing and mooning over Alto, it seems to be her third favourite pasttime. ^^

Grapevine:

Last BOSS like crab??

= =

If Ranka and Brera escape TO Galaxy does that mean that Frontier bites the dust :o? Maybe thats the "surprising ending to the love triangle", Alto and Sheryl dead and Rank alive and well, but alone with Brera. :ph34r:

No...

This Galaxy’s mean is not Macross Galaxy.

It just is galaxy!!!

>.<

then im worried that both Macross Frontier and Macross Galaxy Bite the dust ^^. Also Ranka leaving Ozma? No chance in hell, aka he bites the dust, same goes for Alto ..... Looks like the doomsday machine just found its fuel :p

Grapevine:

Last BOSS like crab??

= =

If that is how this all plays out, then blah. I can't see Alto goin gback to Kabuki. It just doesn't seem like his character.

If Ranka and Brera escape TO Galaxy does that mean that Frontier bites the dust :o? Maybe thats the "surprising ending to the love triangle", Alto and Sheryl dead and Rank alive and well, but alone with Brera. :ph34r:

The surprise ending is that Alto chooses Nanase, who he reveals he's been dating the whole time.

The surprise ending is that Alto chooses Nanase, who he reveals he's been dating the whole time.

Please that's about as likely as Sheryl taking care of an injured Nanase and Michel dying in front of Klan!

Edited by whispo