Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

Sigh... aside from the Yahoo Japan article nothing has stated that end date which is why I've been trying to confirm this instead of running to wiki and updating it as soon as I read it. And you do realize that Frontier airs at 2am so it's technically Friday don't you? There's only 24 hours in a day... I've never seen people say stuff like it aris at 26:30 outside of anime fandom...

I have. The hotel I stayed at in Tokyo last time shut its doors at 25:00...mostly it's used for TV listings, but there are other uses, as well.it seems pretty common in Japan.

That said, I have no idea why...overall, it's pretty confusing.

Macross Frontier Cards:

種類数 全90種

(GalaxySPカード3種、SPカード12種、

ノーマルカード75種)

発売日 2008年9月下旬予定

価格 1パック420円(税込) /

1パックカード10枚入り

発売元 株式会社バンダイ(カード事業部)

pic_02.jpg

Macross Frontier Cards:

Nice! But what kind of card, normal game cards (hearts, spades, diamonds, clubs)?

Also, taken from animesuki:

Anime TV Ratings in the Kantou Area, Japan 2008.07.28 (Monday) ~ 2008.08.03 (Sunday)

*1.8% (*2.1%) 08/03 (Sun) *5:00pm-*5:30pm TBS Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2

*2.1% (*1.7%) 08/02 (Sat) *2:25am-*2:55am TBS Macross FRONTIER

After weeks of mere 1.7% we beat Code Geass R2 again! :lol:

FV

I assume postcards.

They're not.

It's some type of collectible card set.

There's 90 different cards, (3 Galaxy SP cards, 12 SP cards and 75 normal cards)

On sale in the beginning of september, 1 pack of 10 cards will go for 420 yen.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Nice! But what kind of card, normal game cards (hearts, spades, diamonds, clubs)?

Also, taken from animesuki:

Anime TV Ratings in the Kantou Area, Japan 2008.07.28 (Monday) ~ 2008.08.03 (Sunday)

*1.8% (*2.1%) 08/03 (Sun) *5:00pm-*5:30pm TBS Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2

*2.1% (*1.7%) 08/02 (Sat) *2:25am-*2:55am TBS Macross FRONTIER

After weeks of mere 1.7% we beat Code Geass R2 again! :lol:

FV

BTW, that's just the Kantou (Tokyo) area, not all of Japan.

They're not.

It's some type of collectible card set.

There's 90 different cards, (3 Galaxy SP cards, 12 SP cards and 75 normal cards)

On sale in the beginning of september, 1 pack of 10 cards will go for 420 yen.

Oh, so just collectible cards :p

More pics:

cards.jpg

SP02.jpg

Those two posted before look like the best I've seen of this set.

UMA -> Unidentified Mysterious Animal :rolleyes: .

:ph34r: oops... didn't know that abbreviation :p

I think it's just "uma," not "U.M.A."

in the case of that article, they're saying Frontier has alot of UMAs, e.g. Ai-kun. ^_^

coincidentally 'uma' in japanese is horse :lol:

Edited by Shun

Those Osakajin better follow the trend <_<:angry:

FV

I think it's been posted before, but I should stress again that a lot of ratings are "lost" on the Kanto broadcast, where all these ratings come from, because the Kansai broadcast precedes it. A lot of Kanto people have already downloaded the episode by the time it airs there.

Also, I check the weekly "video recording" ratings (no idea how they measure these) and Macross F is in the top four pretty much every week. Now THAT'S something.

check it here:

http://www.tvguide.or.jp/

Top recorded programmes for the week 21-27 July 2008

(7月21日~7月27日)

1 - ROOKIES[終](TBS) Dunno, probably some crap drama

2 - 金曜ロードショー「ルパン三世“SWEET LOST NIGHT”~魔法のランプは悪魔の予感~」(日本テレビ) Lupin II Special

3 - [新]太陽と海の教室(フジテレビ) The Classroom of Sun and Sea: Some crap drama starring that annoying guy

4 - マクロスF(TBS) Yay

5 - コード・ブルー -ドクターヘリ緊急救命-(フジテレビ) Code Blue. Sigh

I think the fact that MacF is on this week in, week out is really significant, probably more so than looking at Kanto ratings and comparing it with Code Geass or whatever.

True, true.

Rookies, is that bishonen, wannabe baseball player, troubled youth type drama. http://www.tbs.co.jp/rookies08/

Homeroom on the beachside looks like your typical highschool drama. http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/sun-ocean/index.html

Which makes Macross F's performance, by these ratings, quite impressive. Screw Code flock of Geese, MF's beating out popular live-action shows!

I think it's been posted before, but I should stress again that a lot of ratings are "lost" on the Kanto broadcast, where all these ratings come from, because the Kansai broadcast precedes it. A lot of Kanto people have already downloaded the episode by the time it airs there.

Also, I check the weekly "video recording" ratings (no idea how they measure these) and Macross F is in the top four pretty much every week. Now THAT'S something.

check it here:

http://www.tvguide.or.jp/

Top recorded programmes for the week 21-27 July 2008

(7月21日~7月27日)

1 - ROOKIES[終](TBS) Dunno, probably some crap drama

2 - 金曜ロードショー「ルパン三世“SWEET LOST NIGHT”~魔法のランプは悪魔の予感~」(日本テレビ) Lupin II Special

3 - [新]太陽と海の教室(フジテレビ) The Classroom of Sun and Sea: Some crap drama starring that annoying guy

4 - マクロスF(TBS) Yay

5 - コード・ブルー -ドクターヘリ緊急救命-(フジテレビ) Code Blue. Sigh

I think the fact that MacF is on this week in, week out is really significant, probably more so than looking at Kanto ratings and comparing it with Code Geass or whatever.

UN Spacy, what was your paper type? I'm about to order it :)

And the picture you used is the file that 8,169kb large?

Did you edited it before uploading?

They used HP glossy paper...it was actually quite heavy.

You'll probably want to edit it because a little cropping was required to fit in everything.