Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

Trying to figure out how to beat the final EX Mission where you go agains teverything, from cannon fodder, to aces in all their variations, to even bosses....you got 20 minutes but my time runs up either when I go against the SMS teams or when I go against Badolza.

A general good strategy is to dash up in fighter while firing off HM missiles, then switch to battriod, use a boost SP to get close, then either melee, or SP melee to finish them off. Works for most boss battles, except for Brera in Sad Sniper EX, I hate him sooo much! he always kills Alto before I finish him. I'm getting closer though.

A general good strategy is to dash up in fighter while firing off HM missiles, then switch to battriod, use a boost SP to get close, then either melee, or SP melee to finish them off. Works for most boss battles, except for Brera in Sad Sniper EX, I hate him sooo much! he always kills Alto before I finish him. I'm getting closer though.

I'm stuck on this one as well. It's the only mission I have left besides the free missions that doesn't have an S. I've beaten Sad Sniper EX with a 'B' which is good enough to win the VF-27 but I need at least an 'A' to win Brera.

I can get to Brera but what ends up happening is Alto gets killed so I don't get the bonus for keeping him alive or I don't kill Brera fast enough and he bails out. I tried to charge melee so I can boost close to Brera to use my SPA, but it never hits him clean or it just misses. Any tips on how to get a clean SPA on him?

Finally SS ranked EX Friendly Fire (Sad Sniper)

final score was 52680

VF-25F 800

VF-27 2000

Vajra S 7000

Vajra L 6000

Grapple 250

HP 5930

Time 6300

Combo 4400

Ace Kill 10000

Alto Survives 10000

Here's how I did it.

First, sniper the first wave of Vajra in battroid mode, taking out the 'L' before the 'S'. Spam missile R to take care of the 'L' if it get's too close. Pick off the rest of the 'S' with the sniper rifle. You should get out of this unscathed.

Second wave is pretty much a gimme. Target the 2 Varja L. Should be relatively easy. Next pick off the remaining Vajra S. You might want to consider melee comboing the Vajra S to boost your score. Make sure before you kill the last 'S', charge up your SP meter and make sure your missile count is close to max.

Third wave requires a little luck. When the third wave begins, pause the game to see where the 3 Vajra L are positioned and target the closest one to you. Hit L+Triangle to boost close to the 'L'. Spam missiles/rifle and make sure you see it impact the Vajra L. Use your SPA when you see the missile/rifle hit to get a confirmed SPA. Next, target the second Vajra L and charge boost again to get close and missile/rifle then SPA. Do the same for the third Vajra L. You might get lucky and score a quick kill on of the Vajra L with one rifle shot. If your SPA happens to miss, spam the missiles and rifle till you get a full charge again. Don't forget to dash to the side to avoid the missiles and super beam. After you take care of the 3 'L', pick off the 'S'. Make sure your SPA is full and your missiles are max before you kill the last Vajra S.

When Brera appears transform into fighter mode and make sure you target the VF-27 and not Alto. Spam the missiles and watch carefully to see it impact the VF-27 and then hit the SPA for a confirmed hit. Don't hit the SPA until you see the missiles hit or you may miss or get a partial hit in which case Brera will start to flee and you have to chase him down. For some reason on my point total, the VF-25F was counted as a kill. Perhaps Alto walked into my SPA after I beat Brera.

Tonight must be a lucky night, I finally beat Sad Sniper too, after an earlier upset this evening with a win followed up by Brera's missile hitting (literally no HP left) the game decided in his favor even though I shot him down first. A dozen or so attempts later, and finally an SS with Alto & me surviving.

Damnit, I was going to upload my replay, but for some reason, the replay was of a failure attempt, with the final score of my success...glitch? Maybe it's because I tried so many times in a row, bastard!. Oh well, final score was:

VF-27 1 2000

Vajra (S) 14 7000

Vajra (L) 6 6000

Grapple Bonus 500

HP 8500

Time 8600

Combo 1100

Special 1 1000

Special 2 1000

Total Score 53700 SS!

Wiat a minute, Omega, you killed Alto??

With Sad Sniper SS'd, and every other mission either S'd or SS'd, looks like it removed another pilot limiter. Now the VF-19 Kai, VF-11 MAXL Kai, and Klan's Q whatever are no longer limited in pilot use, and the above pilots also are no longer limited in their unit use. The Zentradi soldier, Britai, Bodolza, & Glabil/Glabil are all still limited though. And yes, no matter which characters you have piloting the 19 & 11 MAXL Kai, it's still Basara & Mylene singing. Awesome none the less though.

BGM 02 unlocks from the new password stage. I wonder if all the free mission co-ops have to be S'd before Gepelnitch unlocks.

Edited by Keith

Wiat a minute, Omega, you killed Alto??

Yeah, I don't understand it either. I wrote down my score breakdown when I beat it and wondered why he was in there. I must've killed him after I killed Brera. I was wondering what I unlocked because all I could make out was the romaji and I saw a bunch of character names.

Hehehehe, it appears we all decided to get SS in Friendly Fire / Sad Sniper this weekend :p

I had all stages in S / SS except an awful B in this stage. After 4 hours playing, I did basically what Omega did and it worked. Although in the last part I got lucky and my first SPA hit Brera directly, finishing him off.

Perhaps what happened to Omega was that Alto got in the way of the SPA after he had killed Brera. In these 4 hours, I could get only 3 C's (when I barely made it), and an A. In all of them Alto died. So definitely Alto NEEDS to be alive to get a SS in this stage.

What's needed to get Gepelnitch ?

By the way, I got the cable to connect the PSP to the TV and, although the game doesn't fill the screen, it helps avoid eyestrain (and some targets look clearer). It still looks like a PSOne game though...

Oh, and I read that there's still another password pending:

ミッション名 パスワード

ファミ通・おぼえていますか(Lv8) LAMGV

ジェネレーション・ドライブ(Lv8) ?????

超時空編集部デンゲキ(Lv8) IGYSU

ゼントラ丼大盛り(Lv8) EHIAR

I feel as though a big weight has been lifted after beating EX Friendly Fire. It was the only campaign mission that I had a 'B' score and it was really getting on my nerves to see it as the only non S/SS rank. Now I can move on to trying to 'S' all the free missions.

I feel as though a big weight has been lifted after beating EX Friendly Fire. It was the only campaign mission that I had a 'B' score and it was really getting on my nerves to see it as the only non S/SS rank. Now I can move on to trying to 'S' all the free missions.

I know what you mean :lol: But I found out something that upset me...

In the Mission Select Menu, next to the name of the series , it says "ALL" and below "MECHANIC". Pressing down on the analog pad (and after clicking "YES on the window that appears) changes the option to MECHANIC, and different records show: some stages are cleared, not all of them but with different ranks (and in this option, Friendly Fire is PENDING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!). Anybody knows what's this for???

I know what you mean :lol: But I found out something that upset me...

In the Mission Select Menu, next to the name of the series , it says "ALL" and below "MECHANIC". Pressing down on the analog pad (and after clicking "YES on the window that appears) changes the option to MECHANIC, and different records show: some stages are cleared, not all of them but with different ranks (and in this option, Friendly Fire is PENDING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!). Anybody knows what's this for???

That's fighter specific. So if you have the YF-21 selected as your fighter and you only played 5 stages with it, all the others will be blank. You can switch back and forth using the down analog command/button.

That's fighter specific. So if you have the YF-21 selected as your fighter and you only played 5 stages with it, all the others will be blank. You can switch back and forth using the down analog command/button.

Oh... whew, thanks! :rolleyes:

I'm back to focusing on the co-op freeplay missions, and SS'd a couple more today. If you beef up Gigil's Elgerzorone, and assign it to all 4 pilots, at least 2 of your back up pilots will use the Spiritia sucker on both Bodolza & Britai. What's the benefit of this? It freezes both Zentradi in their tracks, making nearly impossible boss fights easy pickin's, especially if you use the Misa pilot skill that increases the damage you do.

I went from B's & A's on both bosses, to SS.

Now I just need the ones from Milia to Brera (aside from Britai which is S"d). think I heard a rumor that the last password Ex mission unlocks Gepelnitch. And if so, hopefully she/he'll be powerful enough to take on the last co-op missions.

Edited by Keith

Another thing to help out on the Free Missions is to make sure the Tune option is set to On instead of Limit. I've been playing it on Limit and I still managed to SS the last few missions. I've been doing the Elgerzorone strategy too on the stages where you're in a confined space, works wonders, plus it's gunpod strength is the highest out of everything mixed in with the Misa skill.

Is it me or are the Plus missions far too easy. I went through all of them in one go, and didnt even upgrade the 19 much before it was all over, in the mission against Sharron I kept expecting it to get hard or have real problems offing the Ghosts.

Edited by big F

I think the game was overall pretty easy. The notable exceptions being some of the EX missions. But overall you can play this game with your eyes closed and you'd still end up completing most missions with a decent score. I do like the pilot skills and the mecha skills alot. It gives all the charas some uniqueness, but I wish some pilot skills were exclusive to some pilots so it'll give you more incentive to use them just like on the VFs. Another thing i'd like included in the next one is a real throttle control, like on the PS2 game.

I would have liked to see the GBP and Fast packs as an add on instead of a complete Valk + package. Tthat way I would have been more willing to use the other Valks after I got the Vf1-s strike, as it is you have to get the skills for several similar Valks otherwise they just dont perform.

For example if you are used to your pimped Vf1-a and then you get a max VF1-A, it's a Max but its not as powerful as you standard pimped one. So you have to work completed missions to get tune ups for it.

If you could remove tune up points and place them where you wanted that would be better.

As it is i love the game but I feel they did this to extend the playability of the game as a whole.

Edited by big F

I would have liked to see the GBP and Fast packs as an add on instead of a complete Valk + package. Tthat way I would have been more willing to use the other Valks after I got the Vf1-s strike, as it is you have to get the skills for several similar Valks otherwise they just dont perform.

For example if you are used to your pimped Vf1-a and then you get a max VF1-A, it's a Max but its not as powerful as you standard pimped one. So you have to work completed missions to get tune ups for it.

If you could remove tune up points and place them where you wanted that would be better.

As it is i love the game but I feel they did this to extend the playability of the game as a whole.

I doubt you'll get an inter-mecha tune point option, since they like to use the already existing system as part of the unlockables feature (use a certain mecha a certain number of times, unlock a special one), at least in Gundam. Same goes for fast pack & armored varients, and that's fine, you get used to it after a while.

Yay, after 22 hours playing the M7 missions, I finally tuned up all but the sound force mecha to the limit, got an S rank on all the missions and my first ever SS on the Ex mission with Max doing the canyon run in his VF-22 (this had been giving me a lot of trouble).

On to the Macross Plus missions at last.

Graham

Yay, after 22 hours playing the M7 missions, I finally tuned up all but the sound force mecha to the limit, got an S rank on all the missions and my first ever SS on the Ex mission with Max doing the canyon run in his VF-22 (this had been giving me a lot of trouble).

On to the Macross Plus missions at last.

Graham

Macross 7 was the most easiest to get S Ranks.

I haven't tuned up much of the planes, I only tuned the ones that I use in favor of the mission X3

Same as you, my first SS Rank Ex Mission was Max in the canyon river way, I coward behind rocks while shooting the gun at the enemies ^^;

The hardest one I did so far is with the VF-22 Guld(?) against Ghost and Macross, Got a SS Rank for it finally :D

B)) Can someone post (i know its a big favor) all of the pilots and mecha u can use? Please, ive heard that they took out the vf-0 & sv-51 are they there? :D:) PLEASE!!!

Pilots:

-Hikaru

-Max

-Kakizaki

-Roy

-Miclone Milia

-Giant Milia

-Kamjin

-Britai

-Bodolza

-Isamu

-Guld

-Sharon

-Basara

-Mylene

-Gamlin

-Max Kanchou

-Milia the President

-Gigil

-Gabil

-Alto

-Michel

-Luca

-Ozma

-Miclone Klan

-Giant Klan

-Brera

-Small Vajra

-Large (red) Vajra

-"Possibly" Gepelnitch

B)) Can someone post (i know its a big favor) all of the pilots and mecha u can use? Please, ive heard that they took out the vf-0 & sv-51 are they there? :D:) PLEASE!!!

Howdy,

YES VF-0S (Focker version) and all three SV-51 are in this game (Sand color, Nora version, and Ignov version) are in this game.

However, Macross Zero version Roy Focker, Nora, Ignov are not in the game.

I hope this help

-Zebu-

Edited by zebu

Quick Question Aswell:

Does anyone know what the crown symbol in the records next to the top 3 people listed in the confidence and love stats means? (know that sounds confusing go to the records area of the game and then highlight the bottom option and look at spots 1-3 to left of their pics are crown symbols but only one appears at a time and switches from person to person in the top 3 spots.) So far both of the female operators have had the crown at one point or another but my wingman has never gotten it.