Macross Frontier Plot Theories...

Well it has been floated out there that it could be a giant movie prop from DYRL or from the Drama series mentioned. It could just as well be a Megalord class SDF left over from an early colonization fleet. We probably won't know unit the next episode if it is indeed the real iconic SDF-1 Macross.

Not only is the Macross in another planet, but the next episode preview includes a shot of the Macross in space flying in formation with

Guantanamo class stealth carriers and some unknown ships. You could assume it was brought back into active duty sometime after VFX2 for some reason. Here is it: http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9506/sn...27080748it0.jpg

Not only is the Macross in another planet, but the next episode preview includes a shot of the Macross in space flying in formation with

Guantanamo class stealth carriers and some unknown ships. You could assume it was brought back into active duty sometime after VFX2 for some reason. Here is it: http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9506/sn...27080748it0.jpg

They possibly

got sick and tired of the high real estate costs of living on Earth and decided to move.

They possibly

got sick and tired of the high real estate costs of living on Earth and decided to move.

Or probably they have enough of Macross-jack. SDF-1 has been hijacked twice, first by Sharon Apple and second by the roque UN Spacy during the VFX-2 event. This probably makes the higher up to decide to re-activate SDF-1 as fleet flagship and probably during that time the fold drives went berserk again and took the whole ship to Galia 4.

So epi.13 is Golbal report, so I can assume that

Alto and Ranka find the remains of the captain and his bridge bunny in the bridge

:ph34r:

If I told you guys once, I told you a million times...

Bassara shows up, jams on his guitar and the beauty-men leave their crab shells and all hold hands.

I am not kidding - that is how Frontier ends.

I don't want to spoil any more of it by speaking to the issue of what happens to the rest of the cast - but it is Nekki Bassara who saves the universe.

VFTF1

They've been teasing us this long... Ozma listening to planet dance, Michael's sound booster...

Bring Fire Bomber back with Gepelnietzche and just sing a duet to end whatever the war is already :lol:

My guess is that if they could have Breetai and Kamjin lookalikes, they might have an episode with cover bands and what not.

sadly, a statement as big as

the Macross being on another planet

is an effective way of replying to any possible topic.

for example:

member 1: so when the alto chose to pick Sheryl's bday present, does that mean that he effectively chose sheryl over ranka?

member 2: no, that's definitely wrong because...

the motherf***kin macross is on another frickin planet!!

member 1: WTF!!! OMG!!! you're so right!!!!

can't be helped. :lol:

QFT. The ultimate snappy answer to stupid questions!

And I've gotta say that I think most of the theorizing in this thread has just been rendered moot...Whatever we THOUGHT Macross Frontier was about ain't what it's really about...

Or probably they have enough of Macross-jack. SDF-1 has been hijacked twice, first by Sharon Apple and second by the roque UN Spacy during the VFX-2 event. This probably makes the higher up to decide to re-activate SDF-1 as fleet flagship and probably during that time the fold drives went berserk again and took the whole ship to Galia 4.

So epi.13 is Golbal report, so I can assume that

Alto and Ranka find the remains of the captain and his bridge bunny in the bridge

:ph34r:

Who keeps saying these things, it wasn't the Macross that got hijacked in VF-X2, it was the Macross 13. Which was promptly blown to bits.

Who keeps saying these things, it wasn't the Macross that got hijacked in VF-X2, it was the Macross 13. Which was promptly blown to bits.

As I said before, though...the Macross is a magnet for loonies. Kamjin, Sharon Apple, Ichiro Itano...they all keep coming back for it.

Just thought of a really grim theory. That the reason why the SDF-1 is on Galia 4 is because it made an emergency fold from a VAJRA INFESTED EARTH...

That's why the original UNG was turned into NUNG and the reason to have NUNS hiding things...

Maybe the idiots from Grace/Brera/Temzin faction did that by accident. Maybe they wanted to conquer Earth by unleashing the Vajra there but ended destroying/dooming it...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Just thought of a really grim theory. That the reason why the SDF-1 is on Galia 4 is because it made an emergency fold from a VAJRA INFESTED EARTH...

That's why the original UNG was turned into NUNG and the reason to have NUNS hiding things...

Maybe the idiots from Grace/Brera/Temzin faction did that by accident. Maybe they wanted to conquer Earth by unleashing the Vajra there but ended destroying/dooming it...

AHA!! so that's why the NUNG president is on a fleet. there IS no Earth anymore!! :o

i am officially dumbfounded by the possibilities. :wacko:

so it turns out, global wasn't off his rocker when he insisted on the human emmigration project after all. hehe. ;)

An even more crazy theory is that Galia 4 Macross came from the future. The Macross is called "chojiku yodai" after all, where chojiku IIRC has a kanji not only for "space" but also for "time". If fold distortions makes time pass differently, probably there could some kind of fold distortion where time becomes inverted, allowing time travel (what if you stop in a fold distortion?). The same could be true for the Vajra, they come from the future. And Grace too, she's a Terminatrix :ph34r::p:rolleyes:

FV

An even more crazy theory is that Galia 4 Macross came from the future. The Macross is called "chojiku yodai" after all, where chojiku IIRC has a kanji not only for "space" but also for "time". If fold distortions makes time pass differently, probably there could some kind of fold distortion where time becomes inverted, allowing time travel (what if you stop in a fold distortion?). The same could be true for the Vajra, they come from the future. And Grace too, she's a Terminatrix :ph34r::p:rolleyes:

FV

Aw, man...Trunks is going to come and slice the Vajra into little pieces, isn't he?

My theory on the whole "send Sheryl to Gallia 4" thing:

It was a set-up by NUNS (or a secret or black-ops faction of NUNS operating independently; since Leon didn't seem to know about Agent G(race)). NUNS has been established as being weak, cowards, and with low-morale (related to why the WTF-1 was doing on Gallia 4? Perhaps due to their ineptitude to keep it secured to Earth? Who knows). So NUNS needs something to show that they aren't as weak as people think.

So they decide to create a "situation" on Gallia 4, knowing that there are some hostile, malcontent Zentradi there (Zentradi they themselves sent there). The ones pulling the strings may have originally intended something as simple as a kidnapping of a famous person (ex. Sheryl), but the whole fainting thing inciting a riot would work just as well.

So the situation turns critical on Gallia 4, and nothing can be done about it for at least a week, because that's how long it would take to send a force there.

Enter Brera in his VF-27, sporting the NUNS colors, and saves the day. Either by rescuing the famous person (Plan A), or by smacking down the rebellion (Plan B).

NUNS demonstrates their ability to take charge and resolve a crisis, and people's faith in NUNS is renewed. NUNS could then use this as the starting point to begin asserting themselves more strongly in the rest of the fleets.

But of course, this is all ruined by Michel and Ranka, and could explain why Leon is grilling Luca in Episode 13, probably wondering how SMS got a hold of LAI neo-fold boosting technology.

So my theory is that the whole Gallia incident was politically motivated by NUNS (or a hardcore separate faction), but kind of backfired due to the unforeseen intervention of SMS.

As for the WTF-1, no clue. I want to assume that it emergency folded from it's original location on Earth due to some crisis, based on its position and stature which seems exactly the same as when it's in its original resting position in the lake. Of course, that doesn't explain that APHOS-like thing we saw in that lake bed or ocean on Gallia 4.

Edited by sdf2501

My theory on the whole "send Sheryl to Gallia 4" thing:

It was a set-up by NUNS (or a secret or black-ops faction of NUNS operating independently; since Leon didn't seem to know about Agent G(race)). NUNS has been established as being weak, cowards, and with low-morale (related to why the WTF-1 was doing on Gallia 4? Perhaps due to their ineptitude to keep it secured to Earth? Who knows). So NUNS needs something to show that they aren't as weak as people think.

So they decide to create a "situation" on Gallia 4, knowing that there are some hostile, malcontent Zentradi there (Zentradi they themselves sent there). The ones pulling the strings may have intended something as simple as a kidnapping of a famous person (ex. Sheryl), but the whole fainting thing inciting a riot would work just as well.

So the situation turns critical on Gallia 4, and nothing can be done about it for at least a week, because that's how long it would take to send a force there.

Enter Brera in his VF-27, sporting the NUNS colors, and saves the day. Either by rescuing the famous person (Plan A), or by smacking down the rebellion (Plan B).

NUNS demonstrates their ability to take charge and resolve a crisis, and people's faith in NUNS is renewed. NUNS could then use this as the starting point to begin asserting themselves more strongly in the rest of the fleets.

But of course, this is all ruined by Michel and Ranka, and could explain why Leon is grilling Luca in Episode 13, probably wondering how SMS got a hold of LAI neo-fold boosting technology.

So my theory is that the whole Gallia incident was politically motivated by NUNS (or a hardcore separate faction), but kind of backfired due to the unforeseen intervention of SMS.

As for the WTF-1, no clue. I want to assume that it emergency folded from it's original location on Earth due to some crisis, based on its position and stature which seems exactly the same as when it's in its original resting position in the lake. Of course, that doesn't explain that APHOS-like thing we saw in that lake bed or ocean on Gallia 4.

I like this theory actually, makes a good deal of sense. No one can explain away the WTF-1 for now and that might have nothing to do with the original plan. With your theory I'm more willing to go with a secret black-ops section of NUNS (with Grace and Brera as it's main staff) and they are working in the interest of NUNS in this case to help it assert its role like you said. This sounds very Section 31 to me but that is why I like it. (For those who don't know Section 31 was a secret illegal organization in Star Trek DS9 that worked in the interests of the Federation by protecting it from threats even the Federation didn't know existed. They basically pulled strings and did numerous things to safeguard the government without it knowing).

I like this theory actually, makes a good deal of sense. No one can explain away the WTF-1 for now and that might have nothing to do with the original plan.

Agreed. It's way too early to tell what's going on with the WTF-1. However, I want to think that NUNS has no idea that it was there. Based on the amount of building infrastructure on that planet (or lack thereof), I want to think that the 33rd has only been there for a short while, barely long enough to build a base. So they may not have found the WTF-1. I would assume that if they did, they would have done something about it right away.

In fact, the picture of the WTF-1 on Ranka's monitor looked like it had moss on it. I'm not sure how long it takes moss to grow on stuff, but I'm going to assume it takes years.

The only reason why Alto and Ranka found the WTF-1 was because that APHOS thing killed their flight systems and they conveniently landed near the ship. Since it's been shown that Ranka has the unique ability to activate Vajira with her Aimo song, perhaps it's the same with APHOS-type technology. And, as we saw in Episode 12, that APHOS-thing activated when Ranka was done with Aimo. So with that in mind, finding the WTF-1 was probably pure luck (or the Power of Plot).

Definitely interesting to see what Episode 13 holds in store. It's too early to tell what's going on with the WTF-1, but perhaps that episode will fill in some of that back story for the viewer. I'm sure that Ranka and Alto know though, because I would assume that whatever event that resulted in the SDF-1 going missing is common knowledge; it's just that perhaps no one knows where it went.

Edited by sdf2501

So your guessing it will be like a story telling us how the WTF-1 got there but the main characters still won't know, just we will. That is kind of like in Avatar The Last Airbender when they had the 'Appa's Lost Days' story where we saw what happened to him while he was lost but none of the main characters know about any of that, just the viewers.

So your guessing it will be like a story telling us how the WTF-1 got there but the main characters still won't know, just we will. That is kind of like in Avatar The Last Airbender when they had the 'Appa's Lost Days' story where we saw what happened to him while he was lost but none of the main characters know about any of that, just the viewers.

No not saying that. Saying that right now, they both probably know that the WTF-1 disappeared since I don't think UN Spacey/NUNS could hide that fact. But by how they sounded surprised, they probably didn't expect to find it on Gallia.

My money is that they go to investigate, access some mission logs or something on the ship, and find out what the deal is. Then they, and us the viewer, find out how the heck it got there. I'm sure that if there were any circumstances that led up to the disappearance that was common knowledge to the public (ex. coup d'etat, terrorists nuking Earth, Anti-UN forces forcing a civil war, etc), that'll be discussed as well by the characters. So perhaps we'll finally get some concrete hints on what the entire deal is with the re-branding of UN Spacey into NUNS.

And somewhere in there, Alto fights Brera, according to the previews.

Edited by sdf2501

Well, as I posted in the ep.12 thread earlier it might not be the original SDF-1 Macross at all. It was destroyed and rendered unusable at the end of the first Macross. However, a sister ship called the SDF-2 Megaroad was developed and launched as a colonization fleet with Misa as the captian, Hiraku with the Skull Squadron and even Minmay onboard. Contact with the Megaroad was lost after they ventured towards the center of the Galaxy, which is where Frontier and everyone is at now.

I just think it's much more likely it's the Megaroad which was heading to where the story is currently taking place and not the original ship that was pretty much completely destroyed. If we follow Occaam's Razor, it's a lot easier to think it's the SDF-2.

Well, as I posted in the ep.12 thread earlier it might not be the original SDF-1 Macross at all. It was destroyed and rendered unusable at the end of the first Macross.

That's not true at all. The SDF-1 was repaired and turned into UN Spacey headquarters.

It was seen in Macross Plus, fully functional with electricity and everything. And once Sharon Apple hacked the system, the ship even lifted off for a moment. And the anti-air defenses were going as Isamu was making his approach in the YF-19.

In Robotech continuity, the SDF-1 was destroyed. Not so in Macross continuity.

Although, who knows what's going on now with it being found on Gallia, approximately 50 or so years after the first series, and 19 since the events in Macross Plus.

Edited by sdf2501

Cool, this is only validating my theory that I had several pages back about Sheryl being the "manufactured" idol to control Vajra, while Ranka is the "wild card" they didn't predict (descendant of Mao Nome).

Grace is obviously manipulating Sheryl at this point, but to what end? And why send Brera snooping after her? On top of that, what's her reason for working with Leon behind the scenes?

They have to be after some sort of control, that much is clear. Control over the Vajra, perhaps, or maybe control over the Zentraedi (hence the Gallia IV experiment)? I'll have to watch Ep 12 and refine my thoughts, back in 30 :)

Back from Episode 12, refined thinking:

I'm seeing some signs of covert racism against the Zentraedi in this episode... it could just have been situational regarding the 33rd Marine group (or whatever the Zentraedi separatists were called), but could it also hint at something deeper? Leon seemed to chide the President for his remark, but in that sort of way that says "I agree with you, you just shouldn't say things like that out loud."

Knowing Leon is up to no good behind the scenes, I wonder if the Zentraedi might be a bigger chess piece in this show than first imagined. The writers have gone out of their way to show contemporary Zentraedi culture in several episodes, moreso than any other Macross series, so I wonder if maybe there's a reason for the focus?

Regarding the purple crystals, I'm still not sure how special they may be as a device, but as evidence of something else I think they're pretty important. Looking at the monitor readouts of Fold Dislocations, they seem to look a lot like the little crystals, and they also seem to show up in the same scenes, suspiciously. Maybe they're some sort of compressed deposit that results from travel through a dislocation? They mention that spacefolding compresses space, so what if the dislocation (purple cloud) gets compressed into a smaller size and crystallizes? A crystal as evidence of something compressing a dislocation could mean something, especially if it means a ship accidentally hit one and disappeared through it (in a previous series...).

From a macro-standpoint, we've never seen a Fold Dislocation referenced in any series before now, so they obviously have to play some part in the story.

Well, as I posted in the ep.12 thread earlier it might not be the original SDF-1 Macross at all. It was destroyed and rendered unusable at the end of the first Macross. However, a sister ship called the SDF-2 Megaroad was developed and launched as a colonization fleet with Misa as the captian, Hiraku with the Skull Squadron and even Minmay onboard. Contact with the Megaroad was lost after they ventured towards the center of the Galaxy, which is where Frontier and everyone is at now.

I just think it's much more likely it's the Megaroad which was heading to where the story is currently taking place and not the original ship that was pretty much completely destroyed. If we follow Occaam's Razor, it's a lot easier to think it's the SDF-2.

First, Occam's Razor doesn't really apply to fiction, sense making the unreasonable reasonable is one of the jobs of a writer.

Second the SDF-2 (i.e. the Megaroad-01) looks nothing like the original Macross, and couldn't transform anyway...

So it can't be the SDF-2. There's only one Macross, and it's on Gallia 4...

Edited by Gubaba

Back from Episode 12, refined thinking:

I'm seeing some signs of covert racism against the Zentraedi in this episode... it could just have been situational regarding the 33rd Marine group (or whatever the Zentraedi separatists were called), but could it also hint at something deeper? Leon seemed to chide the President for his remark, but in that sort of way that says "I agree with you, you just shouldn't say things like that out loud."

Knowing Leon is up to no good behind the scenes, I wonder if the Zentraedi might be a bigger chess piece in this show than first imagined. The writers have gone out of their way to show contemporary Zentraedi culture in several episodes, moreso than any other Macross series, so I wonder if maybe there's a reason for the focus?

Regarding the purple crystals, I'm still not sure how special they may be as a device, but as evidence of something else I think they're pretty important. Looking at the monitor readouts of Fold Dislocations, they seem to look a lot like the little crystals, and they also seem to show up in the same scenes, suspiciously. Maybe they're some sort of compressed deposit that results from travel through a dislocation? They mention that spacefolding compresses space, so what if the dislocation (purple cloud) gets compressed into a smaller size and crystallizes? A crystal as evidence of something compressing a dislocation could mean something, especially if it means a ship accidentally hit one and disappeared through it (in a previous series...).

From a macro-standpoint, we've never seen a Fold Dislocation referenced in any series before now, so they obviously have to play some part in the story.

I don't think the Zentradi are necessarily big in the whole plot. Bringing them back was sort of a fan service I think. Also we've seen Zentradi culture before (Fleet of the Strongest Women for example). As for the Presidents line about Zentradi, he probably just doesn't like them as much and as his adviser Leon was telling him to watch what he says. We all know that slightest misspoken word can be the end of a politician's career. As for why the President doesn't like Zentradi, well he seems fair aged, he could have been around when the Zentradi completely wiped humanity off the face of the Earth. Some things are hard to forgive.

Edited by Master Dex

As for why the President doesn't like Zentradi, well he seems fair aged, he could have been around when the Zentradi completely wiped humanity off the face of the Earth. Some things are hard to forgive.

Indeed... After all, there's a whole Zentradi Island ship on his own fleet... His comment could have been just a slip of the tongue and nothing more... He's old, u know? ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Maybe that the WTF-1 is another WTF-1 of different origin. The Macross that crashed on earth was under the supervision army. An episode of the original macross during the factory satellite operation revealed that a similar macross class was spotted but they had to avoid it because it might be booby trapped. So I'm thinking that there are more than just 1 WTF-1s on the galaxy. This must be a supervision army relic.

stay tuned for the next episode....

Maybe that the WTF-1 is another WTF-1 of different origin. The Macross that crashed on earth was under the supervision army. An episode of the original macross during the factory satellite operation revealed that a similar macross class was spotted but they had to avoid it because it might be booby trapped. So I'm thinking that there are more than just 1 WTF-1s on the galaxy. This must be a supervision army relic.

stay tuned for the next episode....

A Supervision Army relic in Storm Attacker Mode? With ARMD ships connected...?

Seems unlikely.

Some of you guys makes me want to cry.

I agree. Some of these plot theories are really not very well thought out and far fetched.

That said, I've come up with a new, somewhat unique, but on balance pretty accurate and probable explanation for everything.

SHERYL IS HONEY.

Long ago, following the events of Macross 7, Honey was enraged at the success of the undisciplined and highly unprofessional Nekki Bassara and vowed to take the music industry back for the forces of professionalism.

But he was old, and, well, he was Honey. Happily, one of his lovers was a project manager at the NUNS bio-weapons research division where the Vajra were being developed. Honey was operated on, agreeing to be the test-pallet for numerous biological experiments, in return for having his cells reverse aged and a sex change.

He emerged as Sheryl Nome, appropriately naming himself the "Galactic Fairy" and set out, with the help of NUNS (who provided him with Agent G) to take back the music business and to reassert Military authority over culture - never to let culture "get out of the hands of the government" as it did under Nekki Bassara.

Thus we have Sheryl who always says she is selling herself, who keeps touching her boobs as though she were amazed at the fact that she had them, and who keeps repeating that they are there for "marketing purposes."

Thus also we understand why Sheryl falls for Alto. Naturally Honey would go bonkers for Alto - and he has an easier time of it thanks to the sex change operation.

In the end, due to V-Virus, Sheryl will reverse mutate back into Honey - and this will happen after Alto has definitively renounced Ranka's love and dedicated himself to Sheryl... he will return home to her at night, testify his love in the dark, and suddenly find himself in bed with...Honey!

Ranka will save him - but her pain will be such that she no longer can be with Alto.

Thus Alto will return a shamed, broken man, and be an actor.

Ranka will go on to stardom but never regain that beautiful, innocent feeling of first love...

And Honey - well...Honey will live to plot again another day!

Muahaahahah!!

VFTF1

I agree. Some of these plot theories are really not very well thought out and far fetched.

That said, I've come up with a new, somewhat unique, but on balance pretty accurate and probable explanation for everything.

SHERYL IS HONEY.

Long ago, following the events of Macross 7, Honey was enraged at the success of the undisciplined and highly unprofessional Nekki Bassara and vowed to take the music industry back for the forces of professionalism.

But he was old, and, well, he was Honey. Happily, one of his lovers was a project manager at the NUNS bio-weapons research division where the Vajra were being developed. Honey was operated on, agreeing to be the test-pallet for numerous biological experiments, in return for having his cells reverse aged and a sex change.

He emerged as Sheryl Nome, appropriately naming himself the "Galactic Fairy" and set out, with the help of NUNS (who provided him with Agent G) to take back the music business and to reassert Military authority over culture - never to let culture "get out of the hands of the government" as it did under Nekki Bassara.

Thus we have Sheryl who always says she is selling herself, who keeps touching her boobs as though she were amazed at the fact that she had them, and who keeps repeating that they are there for "marketing purposes."

Thus also we understand why Sheryl falls for Alto. Naturally Honey would go bonkers for Alto - and he has an easier time of it thanks to the sex change operation.

In the end, due to V-Virus, Sheryl will reverse mutate back into Honey - and this will happen after Alto has definitively renounced Ranka's love and dedicated himself to Sheryl... he will return home to her at night, testify his love in the dark, and suddenly find himself in bed with...Honey!

Ranka will save him - but her pain will be such that she no longer can be with Alto.

Thus Alto will return a shamed, broken man, and be an actor.

Ranka will go on to stardom but never regain that beautiful, innocent feeling of first love...

And Honey - well...Honey will live to plot again another day!

Muahaahahah!!

VFTF1

ha ha now the origins of sheryl is finally disclosed ! She is not a descendent of mao nome after all ! :lol:

ha ha now the origins of sheryl is finally disclosed

Yes - and this is also supported by the anime. Before anybody jumps out with "but in Episode 6, Sheryl said..."

Please think about this: In Episode 6, Sheryl gave her "I was a very lonely girl on Galaxy" story to Alto as a perfect cover for her true Honylicious identity.

See - obviously 'Sheryl' (a fictitious person) can't have any family or childhood history, and certainly she couldn't have been from a large household or had many friends - too many coconspirators would need to be involved to make it plausible in case anyone started checking her background.

So Agent G and NUNS instructed her to come up with the "lonely girl" story - and give it a "heart wrenching" twist of emotions - so that people who heard it would be very afraid to pry deeper and ask for specifics - because they would see that the whole episode is painful for her to discuss.

Thus, the perfect back story cover was originated.

Like I said - it all fits together.

VFTF1