Which Valk to get next? 0's 19 or 21?

lord_zed

Hi everyone.

Some time ago I posted on this forum asking which Valk to get, and got lots of helpfull replies. Then ofcourse I forgot about said Valk as the money I was going to use on it was spent elswhere. Anyways holidaying in Japan last month, I weakend and bought the SV-51 Ivanov type and I have to say I'm really impressed by it, haven't bought a Valk from Yamato since the Monster. The SV 51 is very nice, a little loose in places and I had to rescrew a panel that popped out the first time I transformed it, but it seems ok now.

Now because I'm so impressed I have a touch of Valkyrie fever and now I'm considering buying the SV-51 a buddy. The VF Zero looked good on display in the hobbyshop windows of Japan. But from what I'm hearing on these boards the VF 0 is plauged by an arm problem. Have Yamato actualy taken any steps to fix said problem? Are any VF 0 releases ok? I really want the Zero, but I'm terrified of the flaw the old VF 11 TB was painfull enough, I can't handle another timebomb.

If the VF 0 is to risky a choice then the YF 19 looks like the next best one to get. What are members experience with the 19? or should I just wait for the 21?

So bottom line is what do the people with many Valks on these boards recommend? The SV-51 has instantly become my favourte Valkyrie toy, what can I get that can challenge its greatness?

Yeah the Zero's are crap. First 2 hours of having it I had an arm break, gunpod doesn't fit well in the pegs on the arms, and I had a head laser snap right off just moving it a little bit for a pose.

And from what I hear the shoulders on the 19 don't align correctly or the mold was screwed up on the left shoulder of some sorts.

It's your choice though.

Yeah the Zero's are crap. First 2 hours of having it I had an arm break, gunpod doesn't fit well in the pegs on the arms, and I had a head laser snap right off just moving it a little bit for a pose.

And from what I hear the shoulders on the 19 don't align correctly or the mold was screwed up on the left shoulder of some sorts.

It's your choice though.

WOW......I have seen so many posts like this one. I don't get it. My VF-OS first edition was perfect. Nothing wrong at all. I feel bad for all those who had a dud.

:ph34r:

No problem with yours yet, transform it abit more. It's only a matter of time. :ph34r:

LOL.....I sold it long ago. We will have to see if the member that I sold it to has had issues.

:ph34r:

My VF-0S is still okay. Transform it at least twice a day (yup, I fiddle with my valks ALL the time ^_^ ), no issues.

For Yamato toys, especially the VF-0 valks, you must have "Valk Fingers" , i.e. careful but also brave at the same time when transforming them :lol: :lol: :lol:

my VF-0S is in perfect condition; has been transformed numerous times and is A-OK. Only thing that ever happened to him is the computer panel in the cockpit snapped off because I applied too much pressure when swinging the chair down. But that got super glued back on and I just don't TF the chair any more.

My VF-0A on the other hand was a nightmare. Firs the feet cracked apart. Then the arm came off :) But in jet mode he still look great; and the arm has been scewed back on albeit with "battle damage"...

My next VF-0A seems just fine - I transformed it to Gerwalk mode and back again - and nothing is snapping crackling or popping.

The YF-19 is the most durable of all of Yamato's jets - next tot he SV-51 Nora (strange as that sounds for sucha delicate bird) and the VF-1.

But generally - if the ONLY thing you've bought is the Ivanov - I would suggest you purchase a VF-1 now - in 1/48 scale.

I have 2 VF-1Js, 1 VF-1S, 1 VF-1A - and ALL of them are perfect - NO FLAWS.

They are very durable, sturdy and great fun.

Of course you must be delicate with them, as with all Macross stuff from Yamato - but they are less prone to breakage than the 0A seems to be. 0S I guess I just lucked out on... pity since the zeros really are gorgeous planes...

I am personally happy I don't have this problem of what to get - got everything already - waiting on the 21 :)

VFTF1

Other than the VF-0 shoulder/arm issues they're beautiful, sturdy, and fantastic.

The YF-19 is a beauty, well made, but scares the crap out of me when I transform it into battroid when I have to "break" the neck.

The 19 is my fav Yamato valk so far. Now if only they would make that 1/60 VF-11... :D

Said it before, say it again: i have 6 that have all been transformed several times, and all are fine. If u get one with Ghost packs (The shin or Roy) u should be fine.

Thats said if i could only get one, Id get the 20th anni YF19

The YF-19 is a beauty, well made, but scares the crap out of me when I transform it into battroid when I have to "break" the neck.

I used to be scared about this too - until I thoroughly listened to Graham's review...

Are you breaking the neck correctly?

If you FIRST only slightly push down to create the crease just behind the cockpit- then the neck just really smoothly slides apart and there is no fear.

I used to sit around for hours wondering how the hell to get that neck apart without snapping the two grey tabs... now I know! And knowing is half the battle!

But what the hell is the other half?

VFTF1

Well I'm pretty carefull transforming the Valks I have, only the old VF 11 has broken due to its design flaw in the hip. That's why although I really want a VF 0 I'll probably pass. The 19 and the 21 are looking more like the ones to go for, not sure which though. I slightly prefer the 21 but I have the last Yamato YF 21 release, it's nice but kind of underwhelming, the 1/60 looks leagues ahead. Although the 19 seems to be tried and tested and given a big rubber stamp of aproval on these boards so that's a plus for it. Don't much care for the Aniversary look though personaly, though I would like to see one similar to the old game version. Have Yamato confrimed the possability of other YF 19 coloured variants?

As for the VF 1, I'm waiting for the new 1/60. It might not be as wiz bang as the 1/48 but it will look better next to my 3 old 1/60 VF 1's.

Anyway thanks for the help I will meditate on this. :)

If the VF 0 is to risky a choice then the YF 19 looks like the next best one to get. What are members experience with the 19? or should I just wait for the 21?

u guys forgot to mentioned one terrible thing about the 19; the ultimate Crooked gunpod alignment when it's mounted under the 19 in fighter mode. :mellow:

Do any MWers here has any problems with the VF-0S + Ghost combo? Maybe the problems like arms/shoulders have been solved? My Zero is fine, just the gunpod was unable to fix well in fighter mode, but it was easily fixed.

personally I think it's more risky to wait for the 21 as u know Yamato always have QC problems; if it is a major QC prob like the Arms of the Zero or something worst, it would be terrible. I would suggest u go for the VF0S w/ Ghost set to complete the Mac0 heroes' valks. ^_^

The crooked gunpod in fighter mode on the 19 were before the fixes on the one released with the fast packs and fold booster. I have the 19+FP+FB and the gunpod is nice and straight in fighter mode. :

My VF-0A was before the Shin version with Ghost Booster. It's lost both arms. Grrr.

Dag Eugimon - how heart breaking those pictures are :(

Bad Yamato! Bad QC guy...

you know - heh.... here's an image I just had- and it's not pretty:

MacrossWorld Get Together At the Pub Day!!

Yes - it's finally here - all of us at Macross World managed to get together in a pub...in Japan!

We're having a great time, and then we meet a nice Japanese fellow who notices what we're talking about and is very happy. He listens to us intently; he loves hearing how we love our Valks...

So finally - someone asks the guy "so what do you do?"

and the gentleman says: "Oh I work in quality control at XXX (some place none of us know or have ever heard of)"

"What's that?"

"They're a new, up and coming toy manufacturer!"

"Oh. Cool. What's it like working as a QC guy?"

"Lot better than my old job - they ran me out for some reason."

"Where was that?"

"Yamato."

That evening, the news in Japan is reporting on a bizarre incident of numerous American, European and other people ganging up on a poor young Japanese man in a bar and beating him senseless, tearing his clothes off while yelling "THIS IS FOR THE FRACTURED SHOULDER ON MY VFOA!!" and "THIS IS FOR THE CROOKED GUNPOD!"

The whole group was rounded up and sentenced to jail. Most were deported :)

errr....

but yeah - that really sucks.

My VF-OS has no such problems. One of my OAs broke but at the elbow, not the shoulder, the other OA seems a-ok. My 19 has crooked gunpod syndrom because it was from the very first batch - Christmas!! :)

VFTF1

IF I were you id probably go with the YF-19 first it is a great quality toy and so far I havent seen any flaws with mine. The transformation is more complicated then the other valks though.

To all you people out there that have has problems with your VF-0s I just dont get it. Mine was pretty much fine out of the box, sure the right are elbow joint pops off every now and then but its nothing major, most of the joints are removable ne way.

I think you guys just have to be careful with your toys especially when transforming them because these are complicated to transform you know. Heck if I didnt look carefully at some of my valks I would have broke them by now.

PATIENCE - if you're beginning to loose your patience in transforming that valk, put it down walk away. its better to resume some other time than to damage that toy just because your in a hurry to see the gerwalk and battroid mode. there are some good reviews over youtube about VF 1A and YF 19 that you can actually use as a tutorial in how to transform your valk.

the only macross item there that does not have a video is the Konig Monster.

anyway just go for the valk that you like. you'll never go wrong with playing with what you like.