Bandai 1/55 VF-1A Hikaru and VF-1A Max, with fast packs

CF18

Guest sh002

i will definitely get a roy strike if it is released. hopefully a hikaru strike reissue will follow. i'd still want them to reissue or release the gbp armor, elintseeker, super ostrich, vf-1a kakizaki, vf-1j max and milia, vf-1a tv max, vf-1a tv kakizaki, vf-1d, vf-1s max strike......

Guest sh002

just noticed this picture of max's vf-1a on hlj. obviously not the final version because the cockpit still says h. ichijo but still cool how this will come out.

post-2880-1214333166_thumb.jpg

Guest sh002

what's interesting is that the display has both the grey and white vf-1s roy's that were reissued. maybe the white one will come with strike armor this time instead of super armor.

post-2880-1214333492_thumb.jpg

what's interesting is that the display has both the grey and white vf-1s roy's that were reissued. maybe the white one will come with strike armor this time instead of super armor.

Which one's the white VF-1S reissue? The VF-1S in gerwalk mode is also the grey reissue (note the Focker pilot name). The lighting makes it look almost white. The white VF-1S reissue had Hikaru's name.

It's a bit clearer in this picture:

DSC00340.jpg

Guest sh002

oh sorry i thought the two in front were white because of the lighting and the one in back is gray. yes i just remebered that the super vf-1s reissue was hikaru's.

in any case if they reissue the strike i hope it is with a white vf-1s and not a gray one.

just noticed this picture of max's vf-1a on hlj. obviously not the final version because the cockpit still says h. ichijo but still cool how this will come out.

Good catch, never noticed that one. Even though Max's 1A is a mock-up, I hope Bandai sticks with that dark shade of blue.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sh002

damn i'm thinking of getting the vf-1j reissue just for the heatshield improvement. does anyone know which place has it for the cheapest? missed the hlj early bird and they have it for around $70. bbts has it for $100 (more expensive than the super vf-1a's?).

damn i'm thinking of getting the vf-1j reissue just for the heatshield improvement. does anyone know which place has it for the cheapest? missed the hlj early bird and they have it for around $70. bbts has it for $100 (more expensive than the super vf-1a's?).

Kevin Lam (Valkyrie Exchange) is offering the non-FAST Pack VF-1's for $80 (shipping included)... just $8 more for the FAST Pack equipped models. :)

Guest sh002

thanks. i ordered just the vf-1j from valkyrie-exchange. if i ordered the 2 vf-1a's, the tax would make the total more than ordering from bbts.

Edited by sh002

Wow, that is a cool box design. biggrin.gif

Bring me my VT-1 + FP/Booster Bandai. Be my first chunky!

Crap man playing with a chunky is like no other! Hurts so good, I have fond memories of having my fingers hurting after activating the spring loaded diecast landing gear. Its a classic man. I think all Macross fans should at least have one. Thats were it all started. Plus if you want more detail and a modernized toy you can always buy a Yamato but those will be around for a long time so theres no rush. These reissues only come around every now and then.

Plus compared to transformable jet robots of today, it still holds up quite well, I'm talking about mass market jet transformers, because at one point, the old takatokus were mass market toys in japan.

The durability, pleasant transformation, not too difficult, not too easy, fastest to transform, glossy paint coat...chock full of awesome

Crap man playing with a chunky is like no other! Hurts so good, I have fond memories of having my fingers hurting after activating the spring loaded diecast landing gear. Its a classic man. I think all Macross fans should at least have one. Thats were it all started. Plus if you want more detail and a modernized toy you can always buy a Yamato but those will be around for a long time so theres no rush. These reissues only come around every now and then.

Plus compared to transformable jet robots of today, it still holds up quite well, I'm talking about mass market jet transformers, because at one point, the old takatokus were mass market toys in japan.

The durability, pleasant transformation, not too difficult, not too easy, fastest to transform, glossy paint coat...chock full of awesome

Yeah but i only want 1, if they bring out the VT-1 i'd probably stop there (i do like the chunky fighter mode), but i may crack if the VF-1D is made. Hell i may even get an Elintseeker. 1S hikaru is about?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Okay, with the 1/55's back, I'm back in the game! I'm definitely going to get the Hikaru VF-1J because of the added heatshield and most definitely the Super Max VF-1A. As for the Skull and reissue of the reissue 2002 Hikaru VF-1A, I'm not too sure of at this moment.

I submit more pictures to my Macross World buddies regarding the new re-issue VF-1J and VF-1S. I am surprised the price plus shipping goes up to $100 a piece. I think it is too much compare with the early 2000s re-issue. :wacko:

The retail price in Japan is 7800 yen - about 72 bucks or 46 Euro ( :blink: wow, the dollar is really falling, isn't it? I wonder when 1 Euro will be 2 dollar...). The previous non-FP reissues were 6800 yen, but the dollar was a lot higher then compared to the yen, so back then it was a lot cheaper for you US guys. I think the price has remained about the same for us Europeans.

So it looks like a currency issue, really. :(

Is the paperwork still the same, or did Bandai include a nice little booklet this time (like they do with SoC releases)?

Is it possible we contact Bandai to release Macross 1/55 VF-1D?

That would be great for all Macross fans! :lol:

I'm in total agreement, Bandai should've released the 1D before these 1As. That would've been the perfect valk to celebrate the 25th anniversary of SDF Macross! But I'm still getting the super 1As, those DYRL FPs are irresistible.