Mostly the Mospeada

EXO

I like the cloth, althought they could have made it a bit tighter though.

Also the color just jumps out to much, they schould have toned it down a bit.

I'm still going to get it though, i'm just a mospeada sucker like that. :lol:

My red CMs legioss and tread arrived. Looks really bright. Not enough locking mechanisms in fighter mode. Great arm articulation. No translucent plastic on the gunpod where sensor is.

But nice clicky joints on the hips (this is what I wish yamato would use) and looks to be able to handled without risk of breakage.

Not really much to say that hasn't been mentioned in reviews. Overall it feels like CMs rushd this toy. Eg the big gaps on the calves of robot mode, how the missiles hatches on the Tread don't open all the way, (I had to file away a few millimetres of plastic just so the doors could properly open so all 3 rows of missiles had clearance) and of course the connecting piece.

I bought this in the belief that no other company was going to make a legioss tread combo anytime soon.

But I do feel satisfied that I got it despite the price. It's the only mospeada toy I own.

I like the cloth, althought they could have made it a bit tighter though.

not...could have....

Should have...

I hope Hoquette outfit is SUPER TIGHT since she is HOT HOT HOT!!! :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

Houquet's should look better balanced, since her feet are thinner anyway.

What worries me about the Toynami release is the "Yune heads" for the rest of the characters. The Lancer on the box of the Masterpiece Alpha looks nothing like Lancer, and I bet they screw Houquet's head too. I realize it's a long way off and that by then probably Toynami would've forgot the exclusive head nonsense or lost the license anyway.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

FYI... Beta Fighter is up for Preorder at Robotech.com for $149.99 with a listed release date of October/November 2008. The Red and Green are set to release later.

Edited by woll622

FYI... Beta Fighter is up for Preorder at Robotech.com for $149.99 with a listed release date of October/November 2008. The Red and Green are set to release later.

Got my pre-order in.

About a year ago I had decided not to buy Toynami products again since the blue alpha I bought ended up with both arms breaking. I reneged on that decision after seeing the CM's Legios/Tlead combo. Since then, I've procured the remaining alphas and am looking forward to the betas, even if the qc history of Toynami is spotty at best.

The Toynami boys used that number way back when they first started parading their Beta. "If we do decide to make it, it might cost $250. That's why we're thinking about making a static one instead if any at all."

So does this new Beta match the color of their MPC or the Aoshima blue?

And, why in God's name does it cost so much!? Just for the Beta alone??

The pic displayed on robotech.com shows that it matches the color of their MPC betas.

And from what I could gather, one of the reasons the beta costs what it does is due to its size. Apparently, it is a hefty toy.

Yeah that's right i almost forgot, i HATE the weight of my MPC red Alpha, it's far too heavy, no way would i consider getting the Beta!

Something else to throw out there, wonder if the link-up would be abled for the CM legioss?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I think this was just off the cuff talking by Toynami and not really something they had on the drawing board. When people said "$250? That's ridiculous" they suggested that instead of making a transformable toy they might consider making a fighter only Beta that could have the head put down so it would connect with the Alpha. They would then include a stand that you would attach to the toy that would also reach forward and support the Alpha. It was just a thought they were kicking around when they were still thinking about hitting the $79.99 price tag. Either that or it was just a Toynami employee free-styling at one of the cons to judge people's reactions.

I think this was just off the cuff talking by Toynami and not really something they had on the drawing board. When people said "$250? That's ridiculous" they suggested that instead of making a transformable toy they might consider making a fighter only Beta that could have the head put down so it would connect with the Alpha. They would then include a stand that you would attach to the toy that would also reach forward and support the Alpha. It was just a thought they were kicking around when they were still thinking about hitting the $79.99 price tag. Either that or it was just a Toynami employee free-styling at one of the cons to judge people's reactions.

I still think the $80-100 range should be the max amount. Honestly, Unicron and Primus from Transformers have to be about the same size and they are hefty toys and only cost $40-50. Toynami is just trying to overprice a toy (which will more than likely cause bad sales and have the blame deferred to lack of interest instead of poor pricing choices). I like everything but the cockpit in robot mode. It looks HORRIBLE like that and could have EASILY been fixed.

I too hate the cockpit's exposure in Soldier mode. I give Toynami only a very slight pass in the fact that that's how the lineart shows the vehicle transform. Still, I'm with you, there were some easy fixes to that anime magic and it's a shame Toynami didn't take the extra step to implement them, especially if they're going to charge $149.99 for it! Good news is, if they don't sell at that price point we'll be able to find them for much less later. I'm going to preorder the blue at full MSRP, it's something I tend to do to support toys I really have wanted to see, but I'll be hunting bargain bins for the green, red, and black.

Edited by jenius

That's cool. I'll be waiting for the comparison photos and the review. =)

But yeah, way overpriced. I think they're just jumping on the bandwagon, since most of the Mospeada toys coming out have been pretty expensive.

So, Toynami designed these themselves, right? It's not some rehash of some model or whatever?

That's cool. I'll be waiting for the comparison photos and the review. =)

But yeah, way overpriced. I think they're just jumping on the bandwagon, since most of the Mospeada toys coming out have been pretty expensive.

So, Toynami designed these themselves, right? It's not some rehash of some model or whatever?

Yup it should be a completely newly designed toy not based off any kits out there as there was only that old fragile gakken toy that barely surfaced the light of the day. Jenius I can't wait too see your review of it keep up the great toy reviews!

Yeah that's right i almost forgot, i HATE the weight of my MPC red Alpha, it's far too heavy, no way would i consider getting the Beta!

Something else to throw out there, wonder if the link-up would be abled for the CM legioss?

Robotech X has a video interview with George from Toynami at Comic Con on their website. In that interview, George said that they had to add weight to the feet of the Beta to counteract the weight of the Alpha. That way the whole thing didn't fall over.

So, if you didn't like the weight of the Alpha, you are in for a ride with the weight of the Beta.

Personally, the weight doesn't bother me, I prefer a toy to have some weight to it, not like the feather weight of the CM combo.

As to the link up between the two products, that would be interesting to see. When Jenius does his review, hopefully he can take a look at that.

Edited by woll622

Masterpiece Beta Fighter Vol. 1 - Blue

At long last, after years of demand from fans, Toynami is proud to announce the introduction of the newest release in the Robotech Masterpiece Collection: The Beta Fighter!

Designed to link up with the Masterpiece Alpha Fighter, the Masterpiece Beta Fighter - Volume 1 will be shipping in October/November 2008. Limited to a production run of only 10,000 pieces. The first volume will offer a Blue decoration scheme, with Volumes 2 and 3 to follow in Red and Green respectively.

FEATURES:

- Fully transformable into Battloid, Guardian & Fighter modes

- 1/55 scale

- Links with the Alpha Fighter (sold separately)

- Sturdy die-cast metal and plastic construction

- New Masterpiece box art by Tommy Yune, featuring more characters from Robotech: The New Generation

Shipping this October/November!

Price: $149.99

Credit: http://www.robotech.com

Robotech X has a video interview with George from Toynami at Comic Con on their website. In that interview, George said that they had to add weight to the feet of the Beta to counteract the weight of the Alpha. That way the whole thing didn't fall over.

So, if you didn't like the weight of the Alpha, you are in for a ride with the weight of the Beta.

Personally, the weight doesn't bother me, I prefer a toy to have some weight to it, not like the feather weight of the CM combo.

As to the link up between the two products, that would be interesting to see. When Jenius does his review, hopefully he can take a look at that.

The weight addition could mean that the Beta was much lighter than the Alpha and that was the problem. By adding weight to the feet they simply may have just made it comparable in weight to the Alpha. I prefer my toys a bit lighter if they're not going to be super durable but for something the size of the Beta I can handle it. Barring this thing being released while I'm on vacation, my full review should be up about a week after release but that's still a long ways away. I'll be sure to contrast Toynami's connection to CMs. I'm looking forward to doing this review, I had all but given up hope that the Beta would ever come out.

I imagine they'll eventually release the "Shadow" version, since they've showed one colored as such? That's the only MPC Alpha I have and I'd like a matching-color Beta to go with it...

Maybe it depends on popularity/sales of the initial releases.

Does anybody know is there a chance there will be alpha and beta (legioss and thread) toys like the 1/60 valkyries from Yamato?

Personally, CM's legioss and thread as well as Aoshima toys suck. It is really strange that there are few good mospeada toys, most of them look cheap. My only hope is with Megahouse, their ride armor are quite good.

Personally I find CMs Legioss and Tlead to be right on the level with Yamato's 1/60 v2 valks. :)

CMs look like toys for 5-6 years old kids + they too expensive for this "level" of quality.

Just ask your mom or your gf - show her 1/60 VF-1S v2 and CM legioss and thread, which one they will like?

I tried this many times with people who have not prefernces to mospeada or macross

All of them liked yamato toys more :p

Edited by SeminNV