1/48 YF-21, YF-19 and VF-1S Strike

HWR MKII

Aside from the VF-1 the models are complete. The VF-1 needs some decals and verniers applied but i couldnt resist getting it in the shoot with the other 2. The YF-19 has ben pretty much complete for a while now but i managed to put some finishing touches on it yesterday. The YF-21 has been sitting on the "boneyard" shelf for a couple years. When i moved back to the states from england i thought i had lost the landing gear, gear doors and thrust vector paddles. Well saturday night i found them. So yesterday i decided to put some last minute work in on it and finished it off. These arent my best work but they look great sitting together on my shelf. If i had another set of the kits theres alot id do differently. Enjoy the pics.

post-2293-1208303180_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303188_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303199_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303213_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303227_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303241_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303253_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303263_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303276_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303294_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303306_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303322_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303337_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303350_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303366_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303380_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303391_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303402_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1208303415_thumb.jpg

And thanks for the pics HWR. I saw 1/48 and immediately thought, "TOYS!..." What a pleasant surprise! I really enjoyed the pics and saved them all.

Do you happen to have any images with a scaling item, like a box of matches or a fountain pen? I'm still not quite sure how big these guys are.

Thanks again!

Valk009 is selling an original Club-M 1/48 YF-19 at the moment.

/plug for Andy :)

Thanks for the warning. I have been eyeing the 1/48 19 since it first was produced...have resisted up to this point... but I have to put a hold on my purchases. Its PCS time again.

And thanks for the pics HWR. I saw 1/48 and immediately thought, "TOYS!..." What a pleasant surprise! I really enjoyed the pics and saved them all.

Do you happen to have any images with a scaling item, like a box of matches or a fountain pen? I'm still not quite sure how big these guys are.

Thanks again!

These arent toys <_< I dont do toys. These are all resin its. For scaling they are all pretty close to a 1/48 F-15 with the 19 and 21 close to a F-14 in size. Maybe slightly larger.

These arent toys <_< I dont do toys. These are all resin its. For scaling they are all pretty close to a 1/48 F-15 with the 19 and 21 close to a F-14 in size. Maybe slightly larger.

Those 19 and 21 kits did start out with some serious fitting issues if they are the same kits I have. I have my 19 65% assembled and still have a long way to go. Fantastic work on those kits.

I also have the set for sell if anyone interested. Mine is not the original club-M but the re-cast from that one that was sold here on the forums a few years back. I don't recall who made those sets...

I also have the set for sell if anyone interested. Mine is not the original club-M but the re-cast from that one that was sold here on the forums a few years back. I don't recall who made those sets...

The YF-21 recast was done by Jesse Meyers and was a recast of mine, which was a recast itself, probably why the fit was so bad.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not pissing on the kits, they were absolutely worth the asking price, that being said they did require some work to make them look as nice as HWR made them look it wasn't intended to be a slant, just a compliment.

I sure as heck don't regret buying them :)

the 19 went together pretty easily overall. the 21 was a bear to build. I had to saw large portions off some parts so they would fit together properly.

I have a recast of the Club M YF-19 and frankly compared to the Hase 1/72, it is a turd. Not talking about the fit or construction mind you but the shape. I consider the Hase kit to be the most accurate and the 1/48 club M kit is just bad in comparison. Shapes all over that thing are off, way off. Heres to hoping that somebody decides to make a new 1/48 version someday.....

:blink:

lol, you completely missed my point. I know you don't do toys, and I was pleasantly surprised because they WEREN'T toys :) It is unusual to see 1/48 Macross model anything, which is why I initially thought it might be a toy thread.

Re: scaling

Sorry, I didn't mean compared to a real life jet (I have kits here to compare against). I was hoping to see how big the 1/48 kits are sitting on your desk, which is why I was hoping for a pic with a box of matches, a keyboard, or a pen.

Thanks all the same! The VF-1 is coming along very well.

Have you seen some of the malformation on the thing in the animation? Overall it looks like a YF-19 to me.

It actually is really close to the anime proportions, I've just never cared for the shape of the nose on that YF-19.. just looks too flat on top to me, and the black part on the canopy looks too long, making the nose look kind of like a duck's bill from the top... the red sensors on the side are kinda wonky too.

The Hasegawa 1/72 kit is another animal entirely, since it was made with absolutely no regard for the battroid mode, making it as sleek as it could possibly be. It's these sort of design compromises that make all the YF-19 iterations look so different from one another, Yamato's included.

Now, what I'd like to see is what sort of battroid that 1/48 kit would make into (provided someone would sacrifice a good kit to try that :ph34r:).

Edited by Chronocidal

Beautiful job on those kits. That VF-1 is still my all time favorite.

I don't think we've ever seen them all built together side by side except at the actual events they were originally sold at.

Wow. :lol:

The only time I've seen the YF-19 and YF-21 in person was when they were passing THROUGH my hands from Yahoo Japan on their way to Carl's house. He let me scan them for the models page though. They are gigantic!

More please!

S

Beautiful job on those kits. That VF-1 is still my all time favorite.

I don't think we've ever seen them all built together side by side except at the actual events they were originally sold at.

Wow. :lol:

The only time I've seen the YF-19 and YF-21 in person was when they were passing THROUGH my hands from Yahoo Japan on their way to Carl's house. He let me scan them for the models page though. They are gigantic!

More please!

S

Well if you want to add them to the models page on the front page as built up pics feel free.