Star Wars toys

I don't have the link right now, but the official Star Wars site has a feature on the nose art for the clone ships. There are two different Twilek girls on a couple of them, and another sports a Salacious Crumb-type guy. They also have funny slogans using the Star Wars generic alien language.

If anyone wants to sell the "mini rig" from their Millenium Falcon, I'll gladly buy it off of you.

LSB: It took me a few seconds of thinking you had horrendously hard to read handwriting to realise thats all in (I want to say) Spanish so Im not sure entirely what it says, but Im guessing u plan to add a panel to block off the medical bay, and add the corridor to the cockpit section there, bth of which are cool ideas.

HAW! Yeah, sorry for the handwriting, I was so excited when I did those sketches. And yeah, the idea is to add a wall to isolate the medical bay. It is too exposed for my tastes.

Some thoughts:

* The wall you add for the medical area will make it very hard to sit figures in the gunners chair. id either make the wall soemthing that easily clock in and out, or perhaps re work the gunners chair area to lift out, so a figure can be placed in it, then lowered and re attched into place.

It does narrow the access to the gunner station, but only by a few millimeters so you still can place the figures there.

* With regards to redoing the floor in the fighter bad; I suggest removing the wall their entirely, and using a mold of some of the decking in the main falcon area in that section, then extending it, essentially enlarging the whole floor space. make the current fighter docking door a sild part of the wall, since there is no longer a need for it. use part of the inner wall (From somewhere in the falcon) to make a wall that partiall blocks that area off, though not completely. Somehwere at the back of that section, close to the gun well, is where u could put the "Landovator." now ALL of that is pretty tough, especially the elevator part which would be a MASSIVE reworking.

Yeah, I know, but you keep giving me great ideas. I'll definitely do that eventually. Last night I was thinking on a way of making a simple working elevator and sliding upper hatch. The idea of removing the panel that connects with the mini-fighter docking area is also great, but that mod will have to wait for now.

* the area thats currenty behind the double doors behind the medbay; have u thought about making part of the roof there removable? that would give you better access to that bay, and maybe you could create the area of the Falcon where Leia and Han have their first little romantic moment?

That's also a great idea since it's close to the engines, but I'm not sure about cutting out the hull. You have to make it possible for it to be placed securely in place again and that means tabs and slots and cutting in a section that has lots of detail. But I definitely want to detail that area.

*Will you make a sliding door for the cockpit side of the corridor?

I'd probably just leave it open, since I want the corridor to be visible from the cockpit and it would be very hard to get your fingers there to open and close the door anyway (unless you could do that from the outside, hmmm).

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I don't have the link right now, but the official Star Wars site has a feature on the nose art for the clone ships. There are two different Twilek girls on a couple of them, and another sports a Salacious Crumb-type guy. They also have funny slogans using the Star Wars generic alien language.

Thanks, that was enough for me to find it. Here: http://www.starwars.com/kids/read/cwspotte...822.html?page=7

Scored the big wing TIE Fighter, which is a neat ship. Also one some ebay lots for a stack of fighters. Lord knows hwere Ill put them....

Is the new A-Wing out over there yet?

You know, that reminds me. After viewing the Star Wars movies repeatedly, playing the games, especially the X-Wing series, I just now realize how friggin' huge the standard TIE Fighter is. Unshielded, huge target from the sides... no wonder everyone blows the T/F away like they were eating popcorn :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the Imperial Knights comic pack yesterday. Cool little pair of buggers. Hate to say it, but these were the only SW figures I've been itching to buy this whole year.

No doubt it's been an awesome year for vehicle fans.

But the action figure side of things has been a little lacking at times. It still amazes me that Hasbro takes FOREVER to release the figures that most fans are often clamoring for (such as DSII Luke and Bastila).

Saw the new Wal-Mart exclusive A-Wing fighter for the 3 3/4 figures. Looked very cool, comes with the Green wing leader. It has a new cockpit design and the Return of the Jedi paint scheme with some battle damage. I was considering buying it, but it was $29.99 ...

:ph34r:

Has anyone else seen the paint masters for the EFX X-Wing replica? They look fan-freaking-tastic. The old Master Replicas studio scale line was priced outside of my range (for collectibles, anyway) but I just may have to make an exception for Red 5.

A Quick Photo Story I posted on Rebel Scum

Somewhere, in the Outer Rim . . . . . . .

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_007.jpg

No mistakes! Jabba's counting on this shipment!

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_012.jpg

Relax. The shipment's been stashed in a safe place. Besides, the Falcon's the first place they'd check.

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_011.jpg

This is TK1318. I have a positive ID on the SUBJECT. Moving into position . . . K'chkk . . .

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_006.jpg

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_013.jpg

But the action figure side of things has been a little lacking at times. It still amazes me that Hasbro takes FOREVER to release the figures that most fans are often clamoring for (such as DSII Luke and Bastila).

Man they should give us a Darth Revan with ball jointed knees and ankles too, those are the only joints missing on the figure!