Star Wars toys

Also grabbed the Apprentice Evolutions set; Toys not to bad but the demo for the game is AMAZING!!!

That set is awesome, I looked forward to it for such a long time. The regular version and Sith version rule, the Jedi(redeemed) version would have been on par with ball jointed elbows.

All of the Force Unleashed figures are great. Darth Vader, even with the lopsided helmet and weird limb proportions, is one of my favorites. Rahm Kota is one of the best EU jedi figures I have bought...freaking ninja/samurai jedi. The clones look great as pilots even if they aren't. The sith lady has a nice sculpt. The Shadow Guard is a nice repaint.

That set is awesome, I looked forward to it for such a long time. The regular version and Sith version rule, the Jedi(redeemed) version would have been on par with ball jointed elbows.

All of the Force Unleashed figures are great. Darth Vader, even with the lopsided helmet and weird limb proportions, is one of my favorites. Rahm Kota is one of the best EU jedi figures I have bought...freaking ninja/samurai jedi. The clones look great as pilots even if they aren't. The sith lady has a nice sculpt. The Shadow Guard is a nice repaint.

oh, so that evolutions set of the apprentice is all him, just different versions/ I thought they were different opponents form the Game

Thats kinda cool then.

The Rebel Pilot legacy / evolution set (series one) is another nice one, some really well done figures in that, hope the series two set is just as good.

The Imperial Pilot set is not quite so good, not bad but the figures are all definetely lacking in articulation in various spots... Biggs' helmet is just plain wrong too... :huh:

Bought myself the Lego Republic Gunship today! Has been an expensive couple of weeks for me with this influx of new SW toys, aside from a bunch of new figures I've also got the AT-TE and the Lego Millenium Falcon which I had on lay-buy for a while...

Got the first pilot set coming. Ima HUGE fan of the pilots in SW, love the Xwing books n games etc etc. thefact i can now get a Hobbie, Janson and Tyco make me happier than i cn say. Bring out a good Wedge and some more Rogues and u will have one happy lil Scream :)

So whats coming out? A new x-wing?

All that's out locally for me) is massive Falcon, Grievous bomber, AT-TE(?) clone vehicle and Obi-Wans episode 3 jedi fighter..

Any word if they will bring out his episode two fighter?? I'd kill for an updated version of that.

The bomber is beautifuly done. Well all of them are really!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Any word if they will bring out his episode two fighter?? I'd kill for an updated version of that.

One is already out with the Hyper space ring, its a TRU exclusive. The other one coming out is an updated Clone Wars version from the new movie, bubble canopy, all new mold, room for an astromech droid in the middle, and wings that pop out once the nose is pulled.

A new x-wing?

None mentioned

One is already out with the Hyper space ring, its a TRU exclusive. The other one coming out is an updated Clone Wars version from the new movie, bubble canopy, all new mold, room for an astromech droid in the middle, and wings that pop out once the nose is pulled.

None mentioned

Cool! Gotta track that down now... ah, no new x-wing fair enough.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/STAR-WARS-OBI-WANS-...1QQcmdZViewItem

looks great! Shall be mine, until they bring out a proper AT-AT figure scale this will be my final SW vehicle bought. :D

Will be interesting to see this new design, don't know of any new pics around?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

When that Republic Cruiser was sold on ebay (for $20,000 effin dollars!) there was a news story that went with it. It has a steel skeleton running down the spine and to the 'wings'. There is also a bar running up into the command deck IIRC.

When that Republic Cruiser was sold on ebay (for $20,000 effin dollars!) there was a news story that went with it. It has a steel skeleton running down the spine and to the 'wings'. There is also a bar running up into the command deck IIRC.

Yes it has an internal skeleton. It was built by Lego Master Builder Erik Varszegi for the Star Wars Celebration a few years ago.

He let me in on a little secret. If you open one of the docking bays, there are Star Wars characters watching Lord of the Rings. :lol:

74456952_df89fbb9b5.jpg

Yeah! i'll be blowing the sides off for diplay that's for sure. Just wondering if a Revy Revoltech fig would fit... after i gave her her Jedi Title,

i wanna see if she can get in, i mean she bends better at the torso, and her shoulders are sameish width like Obi's, that would be awesome if she could!

I'd mod it so she can stick her legs through if there isn't room...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

It's not perfect in terms of scale. The fighter is huge compared to the ring, but you can still fly the fighter through it. Also, there's no easy way to display it. It comes with a clear plastic dixie cup type thing that's somewhat frustrating to use.

It's fun, though. If you're looking for something "movie accurate" the proportions of the Titanium starfighters with the ring are closer to what was on the screen.

I'm hoping that the newer Clone Wars fighter (the one with the astromech socket in the center) can dock with the ring, and that it's a wee bit smaller.

yes

Another version is coming out next year with a completely removable helmet

I'm not a big fan of the small SW figures, but I'd have to say they nailed the look of the Biker Scout / Scout Trooper just right with this. Especially in contrast to most of their Stormtroopers.

I'm not a big fan of the small SW figures, but I'd have to say they nailed the look of the Biker Scout / Scout Trooper just right with this. Especially in contrast to most of their Stormtroopers.

I don't get why is so hard for the Hasbro sculptors to get the likenesses fairly right sometimes: Last night I was at my local Walmart to check out the new Clone Wars line and they looked nothing like the characters. I've been working on the Clone Wars comic books for a few weeks now, busting my eyes to get the likenesses right on each panel, while the action figures deliver such poor sculpts.

I don't get why is so hard for the Hasbro sculptors to get the likenesses fairly right sometimes: Last night I was at my local Walmart to check out the new Clone Wars line and they looked nothing like the characters. I've been working on the Clone Wars comic books for a few weeks now, busting my eyes to get the likenesses right on each panel, while the action figures deliver such poor sculpts.

One of my friends at my unit is into collecting the figures. It started when he bought some for his son and wound up getting a few for display and nostalgia purposes. He talks about it alot ^_^ I did get a look at some of the stuff as well as passing through at Wal-mart or somefink.

As you say, some of the scupts can be pretty far off. Better than the 80s and 90s, yes, but that stuff is 15-20+ years ago. As far as the "Imperial Trooper" figures that I've seen, the current Snowtrooper, Biker Scout / Scout Trooper look great. The Ep.III Clonetroopers are very hit or miss. Some look great like the newer Kashyyyk Trooper (camo'd scout) which is closer to the movie than the previous version which was an Imperial Scout Trooper painted in camo (cheap bast**ds). Some were horribly, horribly inaccurate like the older Commander Gree who's camo scheme looked nothing like the figure's (though to Hasbro's credit, they rectified it recently with a much better version).

Another thing I noticed was Hasbro's gotten cheaper with the weapons. What I mean is that the blasters, especially on Clonetrooper and Imperial Trooper figures are smaller and skinnier now. The most blatant example are the Prequel Clones' blaster rifle. Older figures had a big, beefy blaster rifle. Newer figures carry toothpicks. Same thing with the blasters for the Imperials. They're even smaller than before, and they weren't that big to begin with.

$$Cheap$$Cheap$$Cheap$$ :lol:

I know. One of the most annoying things of SW collecting is to chase down the best figure of each character. Just when you got the latest Greedo, you learn that there's a newer one with ball joints, or a new clone trooper with removable helmet, or a Leia with better likeness or a Chewie with a better crossbow.

AND 9 times out of 10 they are the ones the collector's snatch up at 3:37 in the morning at Wal-Mart or 14 seconds after Target opens.

So far i have managed to get decent versions of Han (Vintage Collection version), Chewie (Came with the Falcon), Leia (Vintage Endor version), and Mara (Luke/Mara 2 pack). I have a Luke in black Jedi gear Im relatively happy with (The version just released with Sand gear) and a decent Lando (Also Vintage collection). The new Darth with the removable helme tlooks pretty good, I think Ill be getting that. I also have some assorted Pilot figures and the Apprentice Evolution pack which was pretty good, as well as Juno Eclipse from that same game. Got Captain Rex from Clone Wars coz he is so damned Ki8ck ass. Im seriously considering the Obi Wan in Clone wars armour (Legacy collection version) for that character. Need a decent Anakin still. decent Mace Windu and Yoda as well. Not really into getting a lot of random Jedi, though maybe a decent Kit Fisto if I can find one. Lots of Clones and stormies if i can find some...

Rebelscum seems to be the best of the toy sites, I just wish they had a character database. So I could look up "Yoda" and get a list of all the Yodas released, which would help me to choose. Kind of like what yojoe.com does for GI Joe.

And speaking of GI Joe - Why hasnt Hasbro added ball joint hips to SW characters yet? They do it on their Joes at that scale!

Im seriously considering the Obi Wan in Clone wars armour (Legacy collection version) for that character.

That figure kicks ass, buy him.

The new Darth with the removable helme tlooks pretty good, I think Ill be getting that.

Great figure, the only things wrong with it are that the saber can only be held by the left hand, and the helmet is not very secure.

Need a decent Anakin still.

The TAC one from earlier this year is great, but the definitive version in many collector's eyes would be the same mold retooled with ball jointed elbows, the current ones only have the angled cut joint swivels.

decent Mace Windu and Yoda as well.

The repacked Mace in the legacy collection is okay, its just that the skirt is sculpted on and hinders hip movement. Yoda with Kybuck is repacked in legacy, and is AWESOME. The hood/cloak make a world of difference, its a figure I didn't think I would like all that much but its definitely one of my favs now.

And speaking of GI Joe - Why hasnt Hasbro added ball joint hips to SW characters yet? They do it on their Joes at that scale!

TAC ROTS Anakin, Commander Gree, Obi Wan, and the armored Kenobi from the Legacy collection have them, the problem is that on Gree and armored Kenobi, the joints are at an angle which makes them look weird when the hips are lifted up.