De-constructing Yammie 1/48s...

Skull-1

How hard is it to take a Yammie 1/48 apart and put it back together again? I am contemplating something very drastic for my unloved DYRL Hikaru "A" model....

Tiger meet anyone?

MUHUHUHAUHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've taken the nose/cockpit area apart. It was pretty basic. Just pay attention as you take it apart, and take notes if you need to do so. It's always nice to have a "together" one to compare with as well when you get a little confused putting it back together. :)

I'd say go for it. If the rest of it is as easy as the nose/fuselage, it should be pretty easy. Just be careful not to strip the screws or their "sockets."

H

One word of warning, when you put the arms back together, make sure you put the elbow back on with the bigger hole facing the rear. I can see mines towards the front and I'm too lazy to switch it back... ^_^

and you can stand the sight of it? :lol:

ah don't be lazy, change it. :p

• 2 weeks later...
Why do that to a perfectly good toy?  :o

Actually, I've been wanting to customize my low-vis. I just need to remove the heatshield and vertical stabilizers so I can give them a good spraying.

vf1_14.gif

vf1_03.gif

vf-14.gif

Edited by Draykov

Someone else beat you to it.

Well, I'm glad to see the NTSB is doing something about thses tragic Valkyrie accidents :p

why ruin alow viz. buy a max 1a and customize that.

Why that might make sense from a financial/collector's point of view, there are a few reasons:

1) I don't consider customizing "ruining" unless something gets pretty messed up in the process.

2) The customization I had in mind isn't that complicated and the low-vis would remain largely as is but for the vertical stabilizers and the heat shield.

3) If I were to use a Max, I'd probably go all out and do something totally original. The fact that the low-vis is already just that: low-vis is what I was going for. What I had in mind, as I said, would not be much of a departure. I'd merely be doing something besides another Valk in the long line of Skulls.