Screenshots from Animeigo SDF Macross DVD, please?

Strife

Hi, can anybody take some screenshots from the Animeigo DVD release of SDF Macross? with no resizing and if possible no compression either (.BMP), I just want to examine the picture quality before I decide whether to purchase it now or wait until a better transfer is released (high definition perhaps, someday...)

Thank you.

LOL :) If I had pictures, I'd post them, but you're wasting your time. The Animeigo set on DVD has the best picture and sound quality for the SDF Macross series of ANY release thus far. Unless the series is released in high definition, you won't find a better release in any other format or by any other company, ADV included.

LOL :) If I had pictures, I'd post them, but you're wasting your time. The Animeigo set on DVD has the best picture and sound quality for the SDF Macross series of ANY release thus far. Unless the series is released in high definition, you won't find a better release in any other format or by any other company, ADV included.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, just want to take a look and make up my mind before shelling out the somewhat expensive international shipping fee from robotech.com's store :o

i remember in 98 i think, buying a vhs COPY of episode 3 of roboteh from a local music/stuff store just so i could hear the opening theme song to the show. tape cost me 20 bucks. times were rough back then.

40 bucks for he whole serise? c'mon.

i remember in 98 i think, buying a vhs COPY of episode 3 of roboteh from a local music/stuff store just so i could hear the opening theme song to the show. tape cost me 20 bucks. times were rough back then.

40 bucks for he whole serise? c'mon.

40 for the whole serie?

buying the whole serie cost me 140 dollars...

buying the whole serie cost me 140 dollars...

Man, and I paid $250 for my copy of the Animeigo set. Before I even owned a DVD player - that's just how badly I wanted this. Heh. But I don't regret it one bit! It was a holy grail of mine for years.

I have the Animeigo SDF Macross DVD collection and it is awesome! I would recommend it to anyone with the slightest interest. It is an insane value. I just watched all 36 episodes and absolutely love it. I was so happy after finishing that I bought a set for my buddy who is also a macross fan, for his birthday. It is so affordable and so excellent. I even thought about buying a second set for myself in case one of my discs gets scratched.

• 2 weeks later...
Yup, kids today have no idea how much anime cost 15-20 years ago. Being a sub fan was even worse, as for almost twice the cost of a dub tape, you still only got around 2 episodes.

Depends on the company some were the same price... but yeah 40-60 dollars CDN is what I paid per anime tape... between 2-4 anime episodes or one movie.

Hi, can anybody take some screenshots from the Animeigo DVD release of SDF Macross? with no resizing and if possible no compression either (.BMP), I just want to examine the picture quality before I decide whether to purchase it now or wait until a better transfer is released (high definition perhaps, someday...)

Thank you.

The Animeigo release is about the highest quality possible, given the source.

DVD passed the limits of the original film grain, and Animeigo actually had to add film grain back in after they restored it.

Wow, I remember those days when you paid a HUGE amount thru the ass to get a subtitled VHS tape from a store....it was like 30 dollars in oregon for subbed, and 24 dollars in english dub and only had 2-3 episodes.

I even remember when Animeigo had that box set release for 250....I had it up for preorder but had to cancel it cause I couldn't get enough cash in time....it wasn't until a year or two after the series was released that I was finally able to get the entire set for 60 dollars (....had a gift card)...I'll always ALWAYS perfer this over ADV.

I pre-ordered the 9-disc collector's set before it was released and will say that it was worth every penny. :) Perfect audio, video, subs, and extras.

Same.

I was fortunate enough to have a cash infusion bucks come my way at the right time to preorder it, given I was a kid with no job.

• 2 weeks later...
Same.

I was fortunate enough to have a cash infusion bucks come my way at the right time to preorder it, given I was a kid with no job.

Just curious is the animeigo version even available for purchase or is the ADV version an acceptable copy. Sorry for asking such a stupid question but new to this forum