Vs Topic

Should vs topics be allowed?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should vs topics be allowed?

• yes
    • no

VS. threads are usually pretty lame.

If they are allo0wed, we're just going to end up with so much crap like "Sailor Moon vs. KITT".

99% of the time, the person who starts a "VS." thread takes two completely unrelated entities and then asks which one would kick the other's ass. The problem is that, most of the time, the physics for each animation series are completely different others.

If they are allo0wed, we're just going to end up with so much crap like "Sailor Moon vs. KITT".

99% of the time, the person who starts a "VS." thread takes two completely unrelated entities and then asks which one would kick the other's ass. The problem is that, most of the time, the physics for each animation series are completely different others.

i agree, i think the only "versus" threads be allowed are the ones that appear in the "Movies and TV series" forum and the Toys forum and the Models forum. that way we only see "this valk" vs "this valk" backed up by the same physics since it's Macross.

oen exampel woudl be. the marduke form macross 2 vs the un spacy of macross plu s era.

who woudl win.

I remember starting one or two versus threads in the OLD MW Forums (Data vs. the Terminator anyone). They were usually locked after an hour or two......(BOOOOOOOOOOO!)

I'm gonna say NAY. <_<

Versus threads/topics are really pointless since they'll never happen.

Who honestly cares about a VF-1 vs a Gundam or Hikaru vs Basara, for example. I know I don't.

if you dont; care for a topic you haev achoice not to reply to it or read it.

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhh

...Well in that case I can open OT topics like

-Open "The Official Strongbad News and Discussion Thread"

-what I had for lunch today

-how long I've been sunbathing, and what factor I used

-discuss how many seconds and rotations it would take to pick a nose clean :huh:

-Celebrate my Nth time drunk and how much blood there was in my vomit( :blink: )

Just remember: If you don't like 'em don't read them or reply to them

(get the point?)

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhh

...Well in that case I can open OT topics like

-Open "The Official Strongbad News and Discussion Thread"

-what I had for lunch today

-how long I've been sunbathing, and what factor I used

-discuss how many seconds and rotations it would take to pick a nose clean :huh:

-Celebrate my Nth time drunk and how much blood there was in my vomit( :blink: )

Just remember: If you don't like 'em don't read them or reply to them

(get the point?)

what is vile and disgustion about a vs topic?

Nothing, but it seems you don't get the point

to repeat:

if you don't care for a topic you have a choice not to reply to it or read it.

In other words: that excuse could be used to open any OT discussion

I just used some "over the top" examples to point that out

Nothing, but it seems you don't get the point

to repeat:

In other words: that excuse could be used to open any OT discussion

I just used some "over the top" examples to point that out

yoru going to extreems to dismiss omthign which is not.

it;s liek sayign spicy food shoudl nto b eserved becuse you dont; liek spicy food there fore none shoudl eat spicy food. yoru analogy isnt; correct.

if someoen talks about unspacy vs the federationf or m msg. it is on topic becuase it talsk about "other scifi sere"

it;s not talking about your personal life nor polotics etc. it;s about the scifi worlds which do fit iunder the topic description.

off topic is somthign which ah nothgint o do with the theme of the board. vs topics actually do. none of the topis you mnmentioned haev anythign to do wiht scifi, anime or macross.

"VS" topics are utterly pointless because they cannot be resolved. The only thing they're good for are potential flame-wars. The mods have enough to do around here, they don't need to waste their time babysitting fruitless threads. Personally, I don't like "VS" threads because, due to their endless nature, they will bump down other legitimate threads. Multiply this exponentially, and you could have 15 "VS" threads shoving everything else down.

Ali Sama, with all due respect, please proofread your posts. I'd like to read what you write, but after 2 or 3 sentences, I usually give up.

yoru going to extreems to dismiss omthign which is not.

it;s liek sayign spicy food shoudl nto b eserved becuse you dont; liek spicy food there fore none shoudl eat spicy food. yoru analogy isnt; correct.

if someoen talks about unspacy vs the federationf or m msg. it is on topic becuase it talsk about "other scifi sere"

it;s not talking about your personal life nor polotics etc. it;s about the scifi worlds which do fit iunder the topic description.

off topic is somthign which ah nothgint o do with the theme of the board. vs topics actually do. none of the topis you mnmentioned haev anythign to do wiht scifi, anime or macross.

The analogy is correct

remember what you claimed:

so like I said: that would apply to any topic

whether they'd be VS, RT or random threads

But you only use that excuse for the "VS" threads

so that they can be allowed by the mods

well, anyone could use that excuse for anything, it's as simple as that!

Vs threads shouldn't be allowed simply because they are easily turned into flame fests. <_<

And besides..... the last thing the mods need are "RT vs Macross" threads poping up every other day. <_<

Now.... let me get back to planning my Gundam vs Spiderman thread. :lol:

CROM laughs at your beatings of the dead horse.

Abombz!! laughs at your feeble attempts at being funny

How about an Ali Sama VS. fixing your typo thread. Just say "YAY" or "Nay".

Be nice!! <_<

Dangard Ace versus SuperOstrich

Who'd win?

Discuss.

You mean the super robot and the valkyrie? :lol: