Anyone know how much in the way of turnaround time we can expect....

SebastianP

Been spending the last week or so alternating between (re)watching Macross Frontier (in HD!) and drooling. Need me some plastic VF-25! Of course, since I don't have the money right this minute, the lack of an available kit suits me pretty well. I'd really like to know what kind of wait time to expect, though, so I can gather up the cash to pay off HLJ (thieves!), the post office (bandits!), the customs clerks (pirates!) and the tax men (scoundrels!) I swear, I paid nearly 75% extra over and above the listed price at HLJ when all was said and done for my last purchase there, and I didn't even get express shipping.

On a slightly related note, does Hasegawa's license still only cover VFs, or is there a chance we may get one of those big red dudes too? It would look cool next to my 40K monstrous creatures (roughly the same scale).

A belated happy new year to everyone, and good luck with your modelling projects!

SP

Bandai always make their kits Snapper friendly these days. Honestly I won't care if its a Snapper or not, as long as it's a good representation of the mechs. Especially the VF-25. Wouldn't it be nice if they decided to do an MG VF-25? I know they've done MG's in Patlabor and one other series other than Gundam, so it's possible. Plus the VF-25 is modeled in CGI, so there will be little anime magic in it's transformation proscess to deal with.

assuming of course that bandai will probuce any kits to begin with.

As long as Bandai dont make em snap together POS then hope fully there will be at least something soon worth making. If not roll on Garage kit guys.

Its bandai . It WILL be snap together and it WILL be a detailless lump of VF-25 shaped plastic.

LOL. Don't be so pessimistic! Remember Bandai's Ex series... I would be quite happy to see new Macross subjects given the Ex treatment! Would have to be in 1/72 though. <_<

Doesnt matter. Bandai doesnt know how to do fine details and panel lines like hasegawa. Im sick of them producing only snap kits that are nothing more than unassembled toys. If they do go for alot of detail it will be very soft in resolution and very flat in depth.

Hasegawa has spoiled us yes but they have also set a benchmark in the details that can be put into a macross subject. Look at their VF-1 Battroids. Superb.

Doesnt matter. Bandai doesnt know how to do fine details and panel lines like hasegawa. Im sick of them producing only snap kits that are nothing more than unassembled toys. If they do go for alot of detail it will be very soft in resolution and very flat in depth.

Hasegawa has spoiled us yes but they have also set a benchmark in the details that can be put into a macross subject. Look at their VF-1 Battroids. Superb.

Yeah but so much disappears under the paint! I love the details, but I hate the scribing. I just wish they'd learn to make the lines deeper. As a builder of MG's and PG's, I'd have to say I wouldn't mind a snap kit if it had an inner skeleton and the detail level of a newer MG or PG kit.

Edited by Excillon

I wouldn't mind a snap kit if it had an inner skeleton and the detail level of a newer MG or PG kit.

but will they?

based on BanDai's macross history, they're just likely to produce a kit the likes of the cheap, low-detail 1/60 Gundams & call it a day.

their reissues pretty much show their enthusiasm to Macross. meh.

TakaraTomy actually did better. they actually re-engineered some of their molds. too bad they don't do Macross :(

Yeah but so much disappears under the paint! I love the details, but I hate the scribing. I just wish they'd learn to make the lines deeper. As a builder of MG's and PG's, I'd have to say I wouldn't mind a snap kit if it had an inner skeleton and the detail level of a newer MG or PG kit.

I have to say, I'm not sure what you're referring to, the details show through just fine if you have an airbrush and know how to do panel lining. I've built about 8 Hasegawa Macross kits and the only scribing I had to do was where I filled and sanded the seam lines.

Doesnt matter. Bandai doesnt know how to do fine details and panel lines like hasegawa. Im sick of them producing only snap kits that are

LIE! Have you looked at the Hardgraph line of 1/35th scale Gundam ground subjects? They are nearly on par with Tamiya.

They can do it if the want to.

Yes i have. Im converting the Hover truck remember. The details on it are very soft compared to tamiya or Dragon. Theres anti skid patches on the roof of it. They hardly have ANY texture. The vents and grills on it lack good depth. Heck even the smoke discharger blocks have hollow backs on them. i havent seen that since the early 80s on old ESCI and Italeri kits. Overall it is detailed but seriously not up to tamiya standards. Maybe Hobby Boss but not tamiya.

The trouble is Macross is a small time Anime compared to the Monolith that is Gundam. So unless Macross F is a big hit they will likely do a meh release and just get back to Gundam etc.

The trouble is Macross is a small time Anime compared to the Monolith that is Gundam. So unless Macross F is a big hit they will likely do a meh release and just get back to Gundam etc.

True, especially with 00 kicking off. The sad thing is as much as I love Gundam, I'm sick of it. It's all a rehash to me. You can only give a robot the same damn head for so long before it's boring.

Hasegawa sticks to reality with the exception of the Macross series. Watching the MF episode I was trying to figure out how the models would look. They're buglike, but very mechanical. Alex - I'll take companies called Bandai for $200 please... - MT

It sounds like win-win.

If Hasegawa makes it then it is a detailed model kit in 1/72 that will go with any models in that scale....

With Bandai it will be a toy kit in 1/60 to fit in with the new Yamatos.

I agree if Hasegawa finally gets around to a VF-25, it will probably be 1/72 and be amazing. I am definitely waiting for one of these (but I won't hold my breath, I would guess its still years away).

If its Bandai, it could be a EX kit (which I hope, since they are really quite nice - hey HWR MKII, you should look at their Yukikaze fighter kits, the engraved panel lines are even more crisp than Hasegawa and more in keeping to 1/100 scale than Hasegawa's exaggerated 1/72 scale - not that I'm knocking Hasegawa, but some of the Bandai EX kits are extrodinary) if its a EX, then it will probaby be 1/100. Most of their EX aircraft (which I have) Yukikaze series, Yamato fighters and the Ace Combat Falken are all 1/100 scale and are excellent in terms of panel line details and shape. They can't do landing gears though, they are all too heavy and thick for the scale. I also have the Bandai 1/350 Yamato kit, and its really superb - their molding technology is just incredible. Bandai can do high quality stuff when they want to, but its just who are their target audience/consumer, the 12 yr old that actually watches the cartoon or the adult collector?