Southern Cross & Genesis Climber Mospeada

Southern Cross is worth a watch too, much more cohesive in its original form, also a bit more tweaked.

Funny...I was going to say something similar regarding Mospeada, but I couldn't find the right way to phrase it. Isn't it interesting how Robotech ironed out a lot of the pure oddity of these series. Original Mospeada has a few real head-scratching parts, like Mint's birthday song. But that's one of the things that drew me into anime in the first place...

How many scenes in Southern Cross were removed for the Robotech transition?

A ton of shower scenes lol.

Not too many scenes are gone its just so re-written and sometimes the episode is slightly re-editied.

On a whole it makes alot more sense in the original SC version.

Funny...I was going to say something similar regarding Mospeada, but I couldn't find the right way to phrase it. Isn't it interesting how Robotech ironed out a lot of the pure oddity of these series. Original Mospeada has a few real head-scratching parts, like Mint's birthday song. But that's one of the things that drew me into anime in the first place...

Exactly. Hell, I've been watching Golion, and while far from shakespear, still has a lot more interesting elements to it that were watered down out of Voltron.

feb021b1.jpg

"The Super Dimensional Cavalry SOUTHERN CROSS Remastered Collection”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Dimention Show Wiki (Japanese Language)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

62f974e4.jpgt

The image is "SAMPLE" version, "not for sale". But same drawing style image has kept merchandise "ANL-1032" versioin. (2500 yen at 1984.)

CAT# ANL-1032

Animeige HI-TECH series  S.O.C "Star -Field" 

【composed Yuji-Damn / Yasuhiko-Wada】

《SIDE A》

1)BATTLE FIELD

2)GAL's SOLDIERS

3)DANDY COLOGNE

4)LULLABY

《SIDE B》

5)HOSHI NO Déjà Vu

6)RED BIOLOYD

7)SOL

8)WALKING IN THE SUN

9)YA・KU・SO・KU (Music Box movement ver.)

078842f0.jpg

Pioneer Japan LDC CO. LTD. ( D-BOX CAT# ANL-1032:PILA-7005 6disc/575min.)

4f06c204.jpg

e96bf19d.jpg

Hobby-shop "MUGEN(=Limitless)" 1/12 scale resin figure model (1984)

c394f02abb27aa6d.jpg

Super Dimention Show Wiki "SPARTUS"(Japanese Language)

[Unlreleased since 1984] IMAI KAGAKU Co. Ltd.

Full three-form transformation capable 1/48 VHT-2A2 "SPARTUS".

That model is test-try shot wooden model .

e346934f.jpg

Super Dimention Show Wiki "Salamander"(Japanese Language)

1/48 MBR-13A/B/C "Salamander". That model is test-try shot wooden model .

e3b88af3.jpg

Super Dimention Show Wiki "Basilisk"(Japanese Language)

1/48 MBR-21 "Basilisk". That model is test-try shot wooden model.

Edited by yui1107

no point making a topic but random find in of all places but disney world Epcot Japanese pavilion sorry for bad quality Mospeada action figures along side EVA's Shin Getter and FF7 Advent children action figures :blink:

Holy... I suppose u bought the Mospeada one, don'tcha? DON'TCHA?!!! :blink:

Okay, why do we have two different covers? What's the difference between the sets? Anyone?

5172GP6N2GL._SS500_.jpg

Err... the kickass cover art on the one from the right? :rolleyes:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

hmmm since the Mospeada toys thread is now closed, i guess i should post here.

just took my CMS Rey mospeada from my display cabinet and noticed the rear tire has a slight sticky feel to it!!

ahhhhh!!! T_____T

the front tire is ok though. might be because of the weather - approx 29-32 degrees C where i'm staying... sigh...

• 2 weeks later...

f034840c1242429d.jpg

4f06c204.jpg

e96bf19d.jpg

a0fea7e3dc17c951.jpg

The guys! I get old 1/12 DANA STRLING figure model kit from Yahoo-Auctions.

The old model manufactured by Hobby-Shop "MUGEN"(1984).

Edited by yui1107

• 2 weeks later...

i just finished watchin' mospeada fansubbed by gray phantom. it was aight. it wasn't as tight as sdf macross. i guess that it seemed better when i was 8-10 years old. gray phantom did an aight job.

it's a free fansub so this is not a complaint but an observation. they were about 3-5 lines in the series that they didn't bother to translate. i guess that they didn't know what they said in those scenes and they decided to leave it blank instead of gettin' the translation wrong. i've heard bad things about the ASS (anime skyscraper) fansub so i guess that gray phantom is a good alternative to ASS (if i had the money for the boxset than i would have bought it already so no flames about "buy it don't download it").

i think that megazone 23 (part 1) is alot better than mospeada (the trilogy is a dvd-rip by ASS and it's a good translation job accordin' to the little japanese that i know).

i'm now on to super dimension century orguss, fansubbed by ila. this seems to be better than mospeada already. i'm just on episode 3 'cause i took a break to post on MW.

i guess that i'll have to settle for super dimension calvary southern cross by ASS. i've only seen it in english and i want to see it japanese. yea, i heard that it sucks but i have to watch it at least once.

I thought I'd point out that in addition to the new Macross thinpack coming out, RightStuf is also listing a two-pack of Mospeada and Southern Cross coming in late October. Both from ADV, naturally.

Looks like with the ADV restructure they picked up a new packaging designer that knows now to get my attention. The new box art looks great! I`m for sure getting the Macross and the SC / Mospeada packs.

Looks like with the ADV restructure they picked up a new packaging designer that knows now to get my attention. The new box art looks great! I`m for sure getting the Macross and the SC / Mospeada packs.

I agree, those look great. I almost want to get them even though I already own the older versions of those series.

18577f16b3e469df.jpg

6198af28aa89e94a.jpg

At last, the image of the lower side in the fighter form and the back in the Batoroid form of VFH-10

・A/B "Auroran" (AJAX/AGACS)is acquired.

The paper has yellowed for minutes how many by old material, and this extent is utmost even if

it corrects it by paint-shop-pro "

If you full-scratch build it. that 2-images are useful for your modeling!

0ef0bb567f09fac9.jpg

Edited by yui1107

i just finished watchin' mospeada fansubbed by gray phantom. it was aight. it wasn't as tight as sdf macross. i guess that it seemed better when i was 8-10 years old. gray phantom did an aight job.

it's a free fansub so this is not a complaint but an observation. they were about 3-5 lines in the series that they didn't bother to translate. i guess that they didn't know what they said in those scenes and they decided to leave it blank instead of gettin' the translation wrong. i've heard bad things about the ASS (anime skyscraper) fansub so i guess that gray phantom is a good alternative to ASS (if i had the money for the boxset than i would have bought it already so no flames about "buy it don't download it").

i think that megazone 23 (part 1) is alot better than mospeada (the trilogy is a dvd-rip by ASS and it's a good translation job accordin' to the little japanese that i know).

i'm now on to super dimension century orguss, fansubbed by ila. this seems to be better than mospeada already. i'm just on episode 3 'cause i took a break to post on MW.

i guess that i'll have to settle for super dimension calvary southern cross by ASS. i've only seen it in english and i want to see it japanese. yea, i heard that it sucks but i have to watch it at least once.

You can get the first release Mospeada box set for under $30, "I can't afford" is just plain B.S.

You can get the first release Mospeada box set for under $30, "I can't afford" is just plain B.S.

number 1. no job. buy if for me.

number 2. mospeada suxs. i wouldn't buy it even if i did have $30 dollars.

number 3. orguss is alot better. orguss should have been part of robotech, not mospeada. nobody would be interested in mospeada even it wasn't part of robotech. the plot is the same for every episode. attack the faceless invid. they are losin' but somehow they find a way to win. saturday mornin' cartoons had more variety with their weekly series.

Edited by DJ Loe Kee

0ef0bb567f09fac9.jpg

A contender for "Worst Designed Mecha in Anime History"??

MAN, is it ugly.

Can anybody think of anything uglier. (apart from the New GodPhoenix from Gatchaman 2)

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

I found that and lots of more images on a site that I couldn't find ever again... It may have been closed...

:unsure:

I always thought that the body armour designs from Southern Cross were pretty cool. I like the detachable faceplate and it was clear that the designers were closely basing their work on Samurai armour.

Dubbing Southern Cross into Robotech must have been a pretty easy experience for the battle sequences, since you could not see the characters mouths under those faceplates when they spoke.

Taksraven