Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

I'm sure one of the local MW custom masters like Jung or Kurt could do something just as nice or even better

Good point. Maybe I should get a quote.

:ph34r:

Got my CM ride armor today,

must say i am quite disapointed, windschield broke, handlebar broke en everything keeps popping off. :(

Now that i have both i must say that the MH version is in every sense superior over the CM version.

It's nice to display as rider but i am not transforming this thing again.

Hopefully the CM legioss & tread will be beter. <_<

cyclones_01.jpg

Got my CM ride armor today,

must say i am quite disapointed, windschield broke, handlebar broke en everything keeps popping off. :(

Now that i have both i must say that the MH version is in every sense superior over the CM version.

It's nice to display as rider but i am not transforming this thing again.

Hopefully the CM legioss & tread will be beter. <_<

I am guessing that the Leigoss/TREAD is MUCH MUCH better. I hated the CM's version of the RA. I was just soooooooooo disappointed. The MH is TOTALLY superior and the Beagle will more than likely be even more superior. I love my Gakken the most. It is like the one you have in your pic here. Also...will you PLEASE do some awesome poses with all you Mospeada figs and put them in the "strike a pose: mospeada verison"??? THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

I am guessing that the Leigoss/TREAD is MUCH MUCH better. I hated the CM's version of the RA. I was just soooooooooo disappointed. The MH is TOTALLY superior and the Beagle will more than likely be even more superior. I love my Gakken the most. It is like the one you have in your pic here. Also...will you PLEASE do some awesome poses with all you Mospeada figs and put them in the "strike a pose: mospeada verison"??? THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

Sure i'll do one soon.

The gakken version i am not transforming. The joints are SO tight it's like it's new. the guy i bought it from got it from an old toy stock in Italia, he tried to trandform it once but did not know how. he and i are basicly the only one's who've touched it. Stickers still on the sheet and 100% complete.

It only costed me about 70 euro's including shipping, a real bargain.

I am getting the Beagle version too, but not if it is 600 bucks. I also hope toynami will do the version we've been seeing at wonderfest.

It's the closest to the gakken version so far.

I'm kinda surprised, the longer I have these toys, the more I'm coming to believe the CMs Ride Armor is superior to the MH (or, it would be if the windshield wasn't so damn fragile). I've gotten to the point with the CMs where I can transform them super quick but the guantlets when in bike mode still frustrate me a bit. My Mega House is decent but I just don't find it nearly as fun. When I want to transform it I just quickly break it into 100 pieces and then put it back together again. Then it just flops backward endlessly unless I prop it against something. The CMs seems to allow me to play with more posing options (thanks to that green stick stand).

Edited by jenius

I don't mind the taking-apart-and-putting-together transformation of the MH.

The overall result just looks better than CM the finish and the color look much better.

The small stick to me looks sad and like something they tought of last minute.

Perfect transformation is totaly un-important to me, i only display my toys before or after transformation, never during.

Perfect transformation is totaly un-important to me, i only display my toys before or after transformation, never during.

:lol::lol::lol: You are soooooooooo right my friend. And I totally agree with you on the "stick" for posing for the CM's. What a piece of junk. At least the MH's have a cool stand.

:lol::lol::lol: You are soooooooooo right my friend. And I totally agree with you on the "stick" for posing for the CM's. What a piece of junk. At least the MH's have a cool stand.

Besides the MH's can stand by themselves just fine. It just took me a while to figure out how to put the feet.

(sorry for the blurry pic, but you get the idea)

post-2202-1207949483_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I got the MHs to stand, and even in a couple almost display-worthy positions (pics are in my review), but for just about anything cool I had to use the stand and that stand is even WORSE in my opinion than the green stick. Here's my reasoning, the stand has this plateau for the backpack but if you pose the toy at all that rest area is useless. With the CMs you just angle the stick and its still functional. The CMs looks much better in bike mode also and has a ton more tampo (although bike mode is frustrating on the front end... especially Ley's). In armor mode the MH looks way better but it doesn't feel well put together and I am not going to pull out a box and put parts away or take parts out every time I want to transform a toy. :( I feel like I got two toys that both missed the mark. The CMs was clearly the better toy, just made too small and with too fragile a windscreen. The 1/18 scale toy should have been the parts former and the 1/15 should have used CMs engineering. I also hate how more parts come off when I transform the MH than are supposed to.

Another reason why the green stick is cool by me: you can angle it so you don't even see it from the front. You can't do that with the big MH stand.

Edited by jenius

The CM might be superior design wise I dont know. But Asthetically, i just cant complain about the MH's. i think they look great, and am very happy with my purchase. Im looking forward to getting Horquet and Yellow. i think THE CM's are just to bright and cheap looking to my eye.

I still want stickers though.

The little pegs that connect het shockbreakers to the front-side panels?

I just glued them to the the front-side panels, i stil had some left after glueing the windshield en the trottlebar.

The rest just feels way to fidly and small for my taste, here's hoping the Beagle version won't be too expencive <_< .

I love my CM's I havn't had any problem with the fraility. My scotts windscreen came broken, but was easily fixed with some epoxy and you really can't tell the thing was reglued anyway, and my Rand's windscreen has yet to break at all. The proportions are so much better than the MH and the tampo really adds a finished feel to the toy that the MH doesn't have. Also It's a fully transformable Gi-joe sized ride armor. how awesome is that?

PT is very important to me because thats part of the art of a transforming mecha. I don't want a ride armor toy just because it looks cool. To be honest, if it didn't transform from a bike to a suit of armor, and without that knowledge, in some ways the thing just looks goofy. Its the fact that these things are motorcycle that transform into suits of armor that makes the ride armor so awesome, and I want a toy that can mostly simulate that action. While true every ride armor toy requires some removal/rearranging of parts, even the gakken didn't require part swapping, or parts that were removed and tossed into a pile of random parts never to be used again.

Different strokes for different blokes though. I think we can all agree that we're all drooling over the Beagle, and praying that it turns out to be awesome and affordable.

Different strokes for different blokes though. I think we can all agree that we're all drooling over the Beagle, and praying that it turns out to be awesome and affordable.

Most definitely. IMHO, the 1/8 Gakken still rules supreme, but here's hoping to something better in the Beagle.

This one's for all the CM's Ride Armor lovers out there... hit the music, Yellow!

01.jpg

The thing about the CM's is that 1/18 scale opens up a whole world of toy cross-overs, Microman being just one of the possibilities. The so-called 1/15 scale for the Yamato Garland may be true to the mecha size, but the Shogo figure is definitely closer to 1/18... as you will see.

I've managed to add weathering for Stick's ride but haven't completed Ley's. So you can see the difference in later pix. I have also added a custom hardpoint for Stick to mount his rifle onto the bike's front guard. Ley's troublesome fork misalignment has also been fixed...

02.jpg

It's Shogo versus Stick in a no-holds barred street race!

03.jpg

Stick manages to outpace the Garland in a short sprint...

04.jpg

... and then Bernard pushes over into Ride Armor mode!

05.jpg

But wait! Shogo has his own ace up the sleeve...

06.jpg

Maneuver Craft mode...

07.jpg

... gives way to...

08.jpg

Maneuver Slave mode!

09.jpg

What's that light in the sky?

10.jpg

Anime-Magic beam rifle, of course!

Edited by drifand

11.jpg

After the race, everyone's chillin' and 'Ley' gives his ride a tune-up.

12.jpg

In his left hand is the original 'too-short' peg that caused the gun-gauntlet fork connection to become misaligned. I bought a set of custom parts by Kotobukiya - Modeling Support Goods (M.S.G) P-121, chose the piston that was closest in diameter, cut it down to size and sanded it a little to fit. The final part is in 'Ley's right hand.

13.jpg

With the longer custom peg, the bike is now perfectly 'true'. All it cost was 210yen. For the MH, I don't think you can't easily fix the basic proportions or 'leftover' kibble.

14.jpg

As you can see, the 1/15 Shogo is a perfect size-match for the 1/18 Mospeada...

15.jpg

16.jpg

Simulated headlights...

17.jpg

Shogo can even wear the Ride Armor... sans the boots and gauntlets, of course.

18.jpg

No, Stick and Ley can't really fit inside the Garland, but simply plucking out the torso will give a pretty convincing illusion.

That's all folks! I'm really hoping to see CM's Houquet and Yellow rides soon! :-)

Edited by drifand

WOW, Drifand! Those are easily some of the best toy pics I've ever seen. You just made me fall in love with my CM's Ride Armor all over again. :)

Interesting how Shogo and the Garland seem to be closer to 1/18 scale.

WOW, Drifand! Those are easily some of the best toy pics I've ever seen. You just made me fall in love with my CM's Ride Armor all over again. :)

Interesting how Shogo and the Garland seem to be closer to 1/18 scale.

Thanks... it's easy when you're having as much fun as i am with these toys. And the PF design just makes it all the more incredible at such a small size. Yes, it's fiddly; yes, Ley's bike needs a custom fix. But hey, like I said, you CAN fix it and the payoff in terms of realism is unbeatable.

As for the Garland's scale, I believe Yamato did their best to make an 'impossible' design come true. The 1/15 scale probably refers to the physical dimensions of the bike/robot according to published specs. However, the physical limitations of the cockpit space meant that Shogo had to be '1/18' to fit inside. I guess, you could display it in robot mode next to the 1/15 Motoslaves (and even the various Bandai Kamen Rider trans-armor bikes) w/o any issues. But in bike mode, the exposed 'puny' Shogo would look very odd indeed next to the beefier 1/15 figures from other series. In which case, the Microaction Votoms series would be excellent buddies along with the CM's ride armors.

For weathering I used:

- Sakura PIGMA MICRON 005 fineliner

- Gundam Marker GM03 Brown fineliner

- Gundam Marker GM02 Grey fineliner

- Gundam Marker Weathering Marker Set (6-colors: sand brown, mud brown, rust brown, silver wash, oily metal, soot black)

- Generic teal-colored acrylic paint for touching up the screwheads

Oh, and also Gundam Marker 'Gundam SEED Basic Set' (6-colors: Blue, Yellow, Mid Grey, Dark Grey, White, Red)... especially the dark grey for making the gauntlets look more opaque against backlighting. I HATE 'armor' that looks translucent under a bit of sunshine. :-)

Edited by drifand

drifand,

Sriously now mate. Those are some BAD A$$ PICS!!! THANKS for sharing. But...why can't anyone ever put their pics in the "Strike a Pose: Mospeada Version"??? :(

2409507691_7646a7e566.jpg

was this posted before?

notice the HBT 4-pack ... 1 is gone tho...

i hope they improve on the face sculpt - doesn't look like Stick... why do they have everything perfect but just have to fk it up on the face sculpt? zzzz

credits: Toysdaily

Edited by Shun

2409507691_7646a7e566.jpg

was this posted before?

notice the HBT 4-pack ... 1 is gone tho...

credits: Toysdaily

nice pic, look how far up the upper leg armor is when he bends his knees... I'M NOT PAYING $600 FOR THAT!!! :p sorry, just making sure I talk myself out of the rumored price... lol. There's no way it's gonna cost that much....

nice pic, look how far up the upper leg armor is when he bends his knees... I'M NOT PAYING $600 FOR THAT!!! :p sorry, just making sure I talk myself out of the rumored price... lol. There's no way it's gonna cost that much....

hahah.... yeah looks weird now that u mentioned.

the smaller pic showing the back of the ride armor seems to suggest that the knee is double jointed? the red portion looks like it can bend at two points?