Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Wow, six or seven parts, fork left over after transformation, wheels don't spin, dark pegs that fall off, and it can't stand on its own? It must be truly a BEAUTIFUL piece to still be liked with a laundry list like that.

:lol: Yeah, that was quite a list of complaints. But honestly, not one of them turned me off the toy. Though that is probably a sad indictment on the lack of QC in the other toys i've bought over the years. I'm used to it :(

Here are some phone camera pics Alex sent me last night. Looks pretty good, but I'm wondering if those compartments only come with the Ray version and not the Stick?

post-1318-1204266715_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1204266727_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1204266988_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1204267005_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renato

I'm sure that it comes with both. There was alot of rattling in the Stick type I picked up.

And where are the stickers I heard it supposedly comes with? Did I get a box with them missing?

Oh, and thanks for posting those pics Renato. Better pics will be up tomorrow night hopefully.

Edited by Alex

I'm sure that it comes with both. There was alot of rattling in the Stick type I picked up.

And where are the stickers I heard it supposedly comes with? Did I get a box with them missing?

Oh, and thanks for posting those pics Renato. Better pics will be up tomorrow night hopefully.

thanks for the review Alex ;) now waiting eagerly for my pre-orders to arrive.

iirc, it was stated in their website that the container boxes are bonus for Rey's only and not included in Stick's. unless they changed their mind (unlikely, as the package pics from 1999.co.jp shows), or u get lucky :p

HA. Is that first pic showing the lack of stability in the ride armour. Blow-the-man-down-superior!

(Must stop making crappy puns :huh: )

And that "ride-armour"........pretty much what Mospeada would look like if it were made today.

Edited by Alex

Mirya, do not get a B shinki figure unless u love removing a billion pieces of plastic and reassembling them again in another form. I have been stupid enough to have purchased these in the past, and whilst they look awesome, I hate pulling so many things apart with my huge zentradi hands. They can get to be a bit of a floppy mess IMO.

and cyclone wise.... hmmm.... HURRY UP HLJ AND GET EM in STOCK! I think i wil have much more fun with this than the CM's...!~

iirc, it was stated in their website that the container boxes are bonus for Rey's only and not included in Stick's. unless they changed their mind (unlikely, as the package pics from 1999.co.jp shows), or u get lucky :p

Damn, that's what I feared. <_<

Mirya, do not get a B shinki figure unless u love removing a billion pieces of plastic and reassembling them again in another form. I have been stupid enough to have purchased these in the past, and whilst they look awesome, I hate pulling so many things apart with my huge zentradi hands. They can get to be a bit of a floppy mess IMO.

and cyclone wise.... hmmm.... HURRY UP HLJ AND GET EM in STOCK! I think i wil have much more fun with this than the CM's...!~

I totally know what you are talking about. I have two Busou Shinki figures and two option sets and I always get mad trying to put them together or rearrange them. I too have zentraedi hands at 6 feet 2 inches in hight with kind of stocky fingers. I love the two that I have though and once set up they are awesome as long as the wind does not blow too hard. I have been on the fence with this third one for a long time. I am actually halfway though ordring it right now and was thinking, "spend on macross instead". But I will still think about it for a few minutes.

WTF is up with two companies producing motorcycles that don't have spinning tires? Would it really have been that much more difficult to add rotation to them?

I bought a 1/18 scale motorcycle toy at toysRus last week that looks pretty decent and it has spinning wheels. Oh, yeah and it cost $3!!!

Alex, great review, thanks, really put my mind at rest after I ordered a Ray last night on whim.

Dissasembly doesn't bother me much on these since it's an impossible design to begin with.

Tires be damned, I think they put them on Yellows bike to make it stand out more.

The visor is the wrong colour, no doubt about it but I'm no gonna let it stop me from enjoying this!

Has anyone seen the Busou Shinki Ach "ride armor"? I think it is pretty sweet. . .

That's the first one of those I've actually liked, pity about the other comments made on it.

I bought a 1/18 scale motorcycle toy at toysRus last week that looks pretty decent and it has spinning wheels. Oh, yeah and it cost $3!!!

I'll bet your 1/18 doesn't have unfolding verniers in it's hub caps that need to face down in the ride armour mode it also doesn't have.

WTF is up with two companies producing motorcycles that don't have spinning tires? Would it really have been that much more difficult to add rotation to them?

I have to just add that they do "spin" but they don't spin freely.

more pics : http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-55397-1-1.html

i suspect the ride armor was not correctly fitted?

Well, the poster wasn't happy about the non-moving wheels, too-small bike, and figure proportions among other things. Took him 1/2 an hour to TF the toy. He gave a score of 60/100. I guess your mileage may vary depending on your expectations. I'm still looking forward to when these show up in Singapore, delayed or otherwise. Meanwhile I'm still digging the CM's... Managed to fit the armor onto my Shogo figure from the Yamato Garland and it's a blast to pose them around my desk :-)

Edited by drifand

Alex,

SPECTACULAR review mate!!! I thoroughly (spelling) enjoyed reading that. THANKS!!!

Now all I need is for someone not to like their "Stick" figure enough to sell it to me for a little less. I mean....I hooked up someone so that good karma should come my way....no? We'll see. Maybe I'll just put in a pre-order for the "Blow" figure.

:ph34r:

Luckily "made by Toynami" isn't on that list, although that might disappoint you.

I'm guessing you're judging this more on what Exo says and less on what I say. Just because a man isn't willing to irrationally blame all of the world's problems on one toy manufacturer does not make him a steadfast supporter of said toy company. I still think Yamato's original VF-1 1/60s suck and I'm pretty sure it was my constant reiteration of that that got me the reputation. The fact these don't say "Made by Toynami" only proves what I was saying all along, this is a Mega House toy and people's praise or ire should be directed squarely at them (except Exo's). So far I'm thoroughly unimpressed by everything I've heard, I'm really hoping that actually having the toy will re-spark my initial excitement.

I'm guessing you're judging this more on what Exo says and less on what I say. Just because a man isn't willing to irrationally blame all of the world's problems on one toy manufacturer does not make him a steadfast supporter of said toy company. I still think Yamato's original VF-1 1/60s suck and I'm pretty sure it was my constant reiteration of that that got me the reputation. The fact these don't say "Made by Toynami" only proves what I was saying all along, this is a Mega House toy and people's praise or ire should be directed squarely at them (except Exo's). So far I'm thoroughly unimpressed by everything I've heard, I'm really hoping that actually having the toy will re-spark my initial excitement.

Always pickin a fight eh? Can't write something without bringing >EXO<'s name into it.

Any HBT cylinders in the Rey's spare parts sprues?

For those who have pre-ordered through LAFtoys. I just saw this on the pre-order page for the "Rey" MH figure.

This product will be in stock on Monday 31 March, 2008