Toynami 1/100 Fully Transformable Valks

misterryno

From a couple of pages back.

Sigh. Would be nice to be able to buy these.

It makes me cry everytime I see those pics :(

:ph34r:

my US supplier checked up on wether anything is available now or foreseable future and he couldn't find anything through his channels....

Thanks for sharing this. Does anyone go over to Robotech.com to check on any news about the Toynami stuff?

lol yeah does anybody? "oo oo i just collected 1 point for my ranking at rt.com!" :p

I guess I should have added the word "regularly" to my question. I have an account (assuming it is still active), but I don't visit the site. Without saying negative things about it, I'll state that I simply don't like it over there.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Heh, haven't been over to rt.com for a couple of years at least.

Last time I was there I came across these threads like "who would win in a fight, Son Goku or Superman" and "who would win in a fight Rick hunter in a Veritech or Luke Skywalker in an X-Wing".

I backed out of there slowly, making sure to make no sudden moves to alarm the natives (inmates?).

BTW, is that GBP by Toynami? I had no idea they made/are planning to make one.

Graham

Who would win in a fight? 1/100 toynami in GBP or the Banpresto in FAST packs? I think the banpresto would put up a good fight with the sleeker appearance and smaller shoulders. It wouldn't be too top heavy in battroid mode if they had to fight at close range with only gunpods. The large shoulders of the Toynami would probably be an advantage if they had to fight unarmed though. The stronger upper body might prove an advantage if both were wrestling. Banpresto would explode and the parts would fly off, while the toynami could easily be foot swept and fall to the ground harder from its own weight contributing to a harder fall. (skinny legs means wobbly balance you see.. But GBP would make it a litle harder. Just that I don't see the toynami having the patience to stay in robot mode for long and instead want to eject the parts early so it could fly around to chase the banpresto)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

They fixed the plastic display stand cups in the second wave with the VF1Js, but I can't help but think about how well that cup will support the additional weight of the fast packs.

They fixed the plastic display stand cups in the second wave with the VF1Js, but I can't help but think about how well that cup will support the additional weight of the fast packs.

I can imagine that the FP's for these are going to be VERY light. You may not be abe to get those crazy angles like you could before but I beleive the cup will hold out.

I think these fast packs look soooo much better than the MPC versions. The boosters actually look normal where the MPC's booster's look all skinny.

I have to wonder if these are the same fastpack display pieces they used back when they were first introducing the 1/100's. I hope the final versions of the Max and Milia fastpacks have colored leg armor.

I don't remember them being boxed. I also don't remember ever seeing the Toynami version of the GBP armor before these photos.

I don't remember them being boxed. I also don't remember ever seeing the Toynami version of the GBP armor before these photos.

You sir are correct, as I found old photos . Looks like all they did was glue them to some clear plastic. Oddly they way they're packaged in the boxes, they appear to be arranged in the same order as the plastic. Maybe Toynami is pulling a fast one and was finishing the boxes back in 2006 and was just deciding on when to release them.

Edited by jodokast

Can't click the link right now but maybe I'm wrong. I know the box for Maia's MPC was definitely new so maybe we actually are going to see some releases this year. With George Sohn grousing about Aoshima not returning the Alpha molds maybe not...

Warning! Possibly go buy a sweater b/c hell might just freeze over in April...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Now if I can find somewhere to buy the Max one separate...

THANKS!!! Just put both on pre-order. This way I can have a "weapon set" for my current Strike Hikky and then a "final battle strike hikky" and then sell off the other 2. WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! *wishin for the blizzard in hell*

I'm going to wait for reviews. I don't believe they are coming out until someone actually posts a pic of them holding it with their hands. Belief that they exist is like believing in a UFO or elvis sighting. Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?

So are you saying that UFO's and elvis are not real??? :blink: Then who did I just have a smoke with while riding around in what seemed to be a UFO??? :huh: I mean...it coulda been something else than a UFO but it was like round and lots of flashing lights and barely made any sound at all when it took off at light speed and that dude that was in it (the one smoking with me) told me to have a "hunka hunka good night". WEIRD! And what did ever happen to that boy that called wolf? Did'nt he get eaten or something like that?

Toynami take ages to release stuff. As punishment I will take ages to consdier whether I want to buy the toy. You know that money I may have had lying around for stuff I was ready to buy of theirs before has now been used up on transformers and other things right? They are only shooting themselves in the foot by taking so long to release stuff. By the time people finally get it, it's like WTF?!?! ZOMG it's coming out... and by then people have lost interest.

You realise how many years fans of the legioss have been waiting for the Beta fighter ?? I remember thread from back in 2003 of fans hoping for a BETA fighter, and the response was: buy an alpha to get a beta. Now fast forward to 2008 and....is it here yet? huh ?? So you can understand the cynical attitude the fans have for toys they've been waiting so long for.

It's like some cockteasing girl who by the time she puts out, she is all old and wrinkly and stuff. Toynami should have release stuff like the FAST pack and BETA fighter ages ago. There were some people that refused to buy an alpha fighter until such time as a beta was released too. I can imagine how frustrated it must be waiting so long. So as a way of reacting: maybe it's better to just ignore anything until it is actually out, reviews are written, toys are physically handled to see and touch as proof of existence..

And no I am not just picking on toynami. I also complained how bandai didn't do anything with the macross 7 license for ages in another thread. I hate the sin not the sinner.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker