My 1/72 Club-M VF-4 Recast

Valkyrie addict

Here's a shot of the kit already built, errr... it has a little paint on it, I had painted before but put too many layers and a lot of the panel details had been lost also that I had a little masking accident and a lot of black paint smudge part of the fuselage, so I had to take all the paint off and resand

1.jpg

Side view, you can see I had to putty the nose cone there

2.jpg

A shot from the back

3.jpg

Bottom shot, it was a pain to put the landing gear bay doors closed, had to add a little putty there too, mainly on the front bay, it didn't had the curve of the nose section

4.jpg

6.jpg

well, here's almost finished

I need to make a few changes to it, I need to fix the damn canopy, if you look closely, it doesn't fit right

I need to change the side thrusters, the color doesn't seem right and I need to fix the hole, it isn't wide enough

and I need a UN SPACY decal on the sides, hehehe

sorry for this crappy pic, since it isn't quite finished I haven't made the typical 'studio' photo shoot, hehehe, when I'm done I'll post better pics that should highlight the weathering a bit more, the flash on the camera took a lot of details away

18.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the kind words guys, althought I wish my skill were a bit better, I really had a hard time with that dodgy canopy that came along, sorta makes me feel the kit will always be incomplete

anyway, I will be buildint Valk009 VF-4 soon, thinking of making a custom Stealth scheme...

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
god there is absolutely no freaking way I'm gonna get my VF-4 to look like that.....ugh I'm way over my head.

well I have realized that self sabotaging this way is the reason why things don't get accomplished. I ended up dating a French lingerie model for several years just because I got off that mental barrier and tried to change it...

So, the moral here..don't bring negativity on yourself..just take your time and learn the skills; at least some..May be something interesting and possibly not even related to modeling will be learned after all..

Relating the Stealth scheme.Just realized that it was posted on 2007. being 2009, by now we should see a full squadron of VF-4's; so what happened?

Edited by 007-vf1

Wow!! thread back from the dead, haha!

Sorry, no stealth scheme, I have 2 VF-4 that Valk009 did in the box waiting for this but never got around to do so

Sadly I'm on a no-love-for-macross stuff since last year so I'm not really in the mood to work on my models, even thinking of selling most of my unbuilt models

I'm sure Hikuro can do a fine a job and get his VF-4 (if he ever did) to look even better than mine, I did so many mistakes...hahaha, stupid canopy

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Sadly I'm on a no-love-for-macross stuff since last year so I'm not really in the mood to work on my models, even thinking of selling most of my unbuilt models

I'll be very interested to know what Macross models you have in store. There are still a few items I'm looking for.