The inside world of Robotech fans

VF5SS

Good f**king lord. Dont call me a racist. I have been on the receiving end of racism as I am Chinese when I was growing up and I grew up in the South. So dont go Holier than thou BS on me. All the sudden we go PC? So should I be offended if I am called an Oriental like oriential rug. You want to talk about offensive, you calling me a racist is offensive. Jap Zero was often referred in the WW2 videos I have seen. If I was really racist, I would rant on how the Japanese killed so many Chinese and now deny it. You think the Nazis were bad...

Dude...I'm on your side on this one.

Edited by Ratchet

Wow, that's the first time I watched the M25 video. I can tell I'm not going to be a huge fan of the VF-25 but whatever, I'm looking forward to that. I hate how complex the VFs have gotten in their transformation. Anyway, I can't seem to download this guy's rant. I get a IE Can't Connect error. :(

I just watched the preview and I have to say that I love that new valk, especially in Battroid mode. Sorry about being too lazy to read this whole thread but who has the license on the toys? I hope that it is yamato. Anyone know?

EDIT: Sorry Wrong thread...

Edited by miriya

Ok, another lazy question. How many episodes is this going to be? 4 or 5 like plus and zero or a billion like macross 7? Also is it going to be subtitled in english for us or is that going to be another copyright battle issue?

EDIT: Sorry Wrong thread...

Edited by miriya

as a mod I tried listening to the recording so I can keep up with the topic... but it put me to sleep. So just quit with the racial and nazi talk. Get over it and move on. I seriously wouldn't even listen to this guy again. Boooring!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this guy need to get his ass kicked...

He does realize that the Macross with the "bland characters that never really develop" was the basis of the Robotech version, right? Oh, we're mech heads with no love of the story wowed by eyecandy. Last I check, RT had the same visuals. You mean no RT fan likes the mecha? i know their toys suck, but still... Heck, the mecha is my least favorite thing about Macross. What about the RT fans that only like Macross or Mospeada?

I just can't believe how incredibly insulting he is to one third of his beloved Robotech.

He's so enamormed by the generation bit. His skewed view of Gundam fans as well just shows his lack of comprehension of anything. What, just because there's more than one universe, you're only allowed to be a fan of one? Did he miss the fact that UC spans centuries?

What's with the "reinventing" crap. Gundam and Macross aren't as good as Robotech just because the shows were popular enough to span sequels and new stuff for the last two decades? He's aware of SC, right? Isn't that Robotech "reinventing" itself? So just because a company refuses to let a 20 year old hack job die, it's superior and it's fans are better than those of shows that thrive in more incarnations? The other shows suck because they grow with the times and explore new avenues? what makes him think that there wouldn't be Gundam fans without "reinventing stuff."

He also misses the fact that most of the fans aren't fans because of M0, M7, or so on. We don't need them to "stay loyal"...

"Oh, we had twenty years of nothing, but we still are rapid devotees. We're the best."

RT fans are better because they get nothing for two decades and beg for scaps, and Gundam/Macross fans suck for having multiple series?

Or the crap about if you didn't like the prequels, Star Wars was just a fad to you...

What sort of messed up logic is this?

Man this guy gives RT fans a bad name.

"Why are you on an RT board if you prefer Macross?"

Maybe the guy still likes part of RT, dumbass.

I love how he thinks RT fans are the only one's that know their show intimately.

Where'd you dig up this retard? All he is is a flamer.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

I wouldn't recommend listening to the latest podcast. His devolves into outright misogyny and racism. According to him, Lynn Minmay isn't a real name and all girls are dumb battyes. Also Hikaru's name is Hikajew JoJo. Oh and did you know Russians can't be captains of battle fortresses because of the incident with the Russian submarine? Jeez.

Oh and did you know Russians can't be captains of battle fortresses because of the incident with the Russian submarine? Jeez.

I see. Good thing that Global's Italian then.

looking at his list, he started in 2003, took a four year break (some devotee...), and started up again just recently.

Here's his contact info if anyone cares to spam his e-mail. ^_^

Aol IM: dougbendo e-mail: dougbendo@hotmail.com

I also love how he admits that he'll probably just bootleg TSC, and post the commentary.

Episode ten is the real mind f+ck. You've got to love how he crucifies Macross for things that exist in Robotech too. Not to mention the whole "Macross wouldn't be around anymore without Robotech" bull. And again with the reinventing. Just because HG failed all but once at reinventing Robotech, he ignores that it happened.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

I see. Good thing that Global's Italian then.

Well, apparently he is in Robotech and somehow you can't have a multinational crew in a Robotech movie. No sir, Robotech is only for red blooded Americans. In fact, he thinks Global is Italian because the Japanese liked Luigi from Mario Brothers and they thought Luigi needed his own ship or something like that.

I only played the second podcast and stopped listening when he said he is just about the greatest combat aviation expert in the world and he called the F-35 a JFS and the Eurofighter a Euro 2000 and that the F-14 can beat any of them hands down. :lol:

Let me just quote the famous words of B.A. Baracus "a pitty the fooool!"

Wait... wait... what!?!? :huh:

What part got you? If it's the nationality, according to the compendium, Global's Italian. Gloval's Russian.

Which episode did he mention this in, anyway?

I think he's spamming this on RT.com (where he claims we all are, we don't post here). A guy posted about it in three boards. I replied in one of them. He'll probably denounce me in a future episode. ^_^

I actually got in on his Thanksgiving day episode thanks to Roger's invitation. We derailed his discussion with talk as to whether Protoculture is a solid or liquid. Also he seems to hate homosexuals. When I asked him what's wrong with being gay, he said, "Nothing! Except when a bunch of homos came in a gayed up The Shadow Chronicles." I also tried to grill him on Gundam Climax UC. That game is so awful I don't see how anyone can like it.

You should have heard his giant rant about how nothing can beat the F-14 and how it's not outdated. Also the Auroran is the greatest space helicopter ever and can even beat the VF-1.

Edited by VF5SS

It's hilarious how he's pumping up the F-14 as an AIR SUPERIORITY FIGHTER (it's more of a CARRIER AIR DEFENSE FIGHTER if anything). The EF-2000 (one of the fighters he mentioned @ 08:47 minutes) will fly rings around the defunct Tomcat. SU-34? The Platypus's a freaking ground attack fighter akin to the Mud Hen. It's not designed primarily for AAC. The dude mentions the French Mirage delta wing fighters but doesn't bring up the Rafale?

An Iraqi Mig-21 has shot downed an Iranian F-14 Tomcat in combat during the Iranian-Iraqi wars in the 1980s. It's not unbeaten in the air like the F-15 Eagle.

What an a$$

I actually got in on his Thanksgiving day episode thanks to Roger's invitation. We derailed his discussion with talk as to whether Protoculture is a solid or liquid. Also he seems to hate homosexuals. When I asked him what's wrong with being gay, he said, "Nothing! Except when a bunch of homos came in a gayed up The Shadow Chronicles." I also tried to grill him on Gundam Climax UC. That game is so awful I don't see how anyone can like it.

You should have heard his giant rant about how nothing can beat the F-14 and how it's not outdated. Also the Auroran is the greatest space helicopter ever and can even beat the VF-1.

Most cartoons and animes today are gay. Take Yukikaze = gay

Also the Auroran is the greatest space helicopter ever and can even beat the VF-1.

Ummm, all things being equal, an Auroran could defeat a VF-1 in space combat.

- They both have vernier thrusters built into portions of the airframe

- They both have medium range missiles of the same amount (12), so thats not really an advantage either way.

- The Valkyrie has between 1 and 4 lasers plus a 200 round gunpod.

- The Auroran has a single barreled rapid fire beam cannon in the nose, a dual barreled beam cannon mounted on its right side/arm and a single barreled beam cannon on its left side/arm.

The Auroran can stay in combat longer than the Valkyrie, and since we don't know the actual delta-v capacity of the Auroran, we can only speculate.

Well, thats not a very convincing counter-argument. Why don't you offer something other than an opinion?

I would say, because none of this is real?

Gurren Lagann kills them all. You lose, I win, go home and QQ in your bowl of cheerios. :wacko: