The Anime Trivia Thread

areaseven

Roadbuster is all I can think of. Looks like stumper. Who owns the DVD anyway?

Edited by Anubis

(drumroll) and the winner is:

bsu legato! C'mon down and grab your can of squid! It's all you, bsu.

Ok, I doubt I can come up with something obscure enough to stump you guys, but here it goes.....

What caliber were Meryl Stryfe's derringers in Trigun? (yes, there actually is a right answer)

Rule change: The time limit for every question is 24 hours. If the question remains unanswered after the 24-hour limit, the person will reveal the answer and post another question.

If the question is not changed within 48 hours, the thread is open to anyone else.

Edited by areaseven

Rule change: The time limit for every question is two hours. If the question remains unanswered after the two-hour limit, the person will reveal the answer and post another question.

I have a small problem with that actually; I live on the other side of the Atlantic and theres about 8 or 9 hours time difference. For example, I knew the answer to the Bubblegum Crisis "Replicants" question, but by the time I got to my PC and was able to answer it already had been several times over.

Also, 2 hours seems a bit tight; surely not every MW'er sits in front of their PC all day?! :lol:

The answer is Martian Successor Nadesco (Kidou Senkan Nadeshiko).

Attempt #2: After leaving the Soyokaze in The Irresponsable Captain Tyler episode 26, the crew found different jobs. What job did Andresson, the drop ship pilot, find?

Edited by JELEINEN

I have a small problem with that actually; I live on the other side of the Atlantic and theres about 8 or 9 hours time difference. For example, I knew the answer to the Bubblegum Crisis "Replicants" question, but by the time I got to my PC and was able to answer it already had been several times over.

Also, 2 hours seems a bit tight; surely not every MW'er sits in front of their PC all day?! :lol:

All right, the time limit will be 24 hours.

Edited by areaseven

Also, 2 hours seems a bit tight; surely not every MW'er sits in front of their PC all day?!  :lol:

All right, the time limit will be 12 hours.

Thanks!

And that Captain Tylor question - I should know that, but I can't even remember what the guy looked like - why couldn't you have picked an easy lone like what the navigators real job is...?! :p

Hmmm....

Who's theory of physics is the Gunbuster OVA based on?

(hint: Kazumi Amano's speech during the 2021 Japan High School Physics Debate Convention.)

The name Tannhauser as referring to the term Tannhauser's Gate in the Gunbuster Science Lessons is also a Blade Runner based reference made by Roy Batty just before he died at the end of the movie. And I quote: "I've watched sea beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate..."

Also, just for general information, there seem to be three American films which seem to be prevalently influent in anime, especially during the 80's and early 90's. They are:

Blade Runner

Alien

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Name the six main good guy characters from Starzinger(spaceketeers).

Hmm....too obscure I guess. Anyways it's

Jan Cogo - Jessie Dart

Don Haka - Porkos

Sir Djorgo - Arimos

Princess Aurora

Dr. Kitty - the Empress

Professor Dodge - Professor Schnitzel

Okay next question: In the Original Dangaio series, what was US Renditions translation error for Dangaio's special attack ?