The Anime Trivia Thread

areaseven

Okay, that was a tough one. On episode 4, as Noriko is crying in the women's quarters, a poster of Tracy Chapman appears on the wall facing her bunk bed.

Next question:

In episode 1 of Mahoromatic, what does Mahoro pull out of Suguru's refrigerator that is censored?

Thanks, I just happened to be looking it up on the Anime Encyclopedia and saw that, really thought it was a stupid movie.

In Evangelion what real life shipping company did Asuka use to ship her possesions to Misato's place?

DHL?

What theme song from the TV series Miyuki became a top 10 hit in Japan?

Time's up :(

"Omoide ga Ippai" (not to be confused with the Ranma 1/2 theme song of the same name) reached #6 on the ORICON music chart in 1983. The song was also apparently used as an homage in one of the end credit sequences to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Speaking of homages: The ENOZ concert in the The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was an homage to what live-action Japanese movie?

Time's up :(

"Omoide ga Ippai" (not to be confused with the Ranma 1/2 theme song of the same name) reached #6 on the ORICON music chart in 1983. The song was also apparently used as an homage in one of the end credit sequences to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Speaking of homages: The ENOZ concert in the The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was an homage to what live-action Japanese movie?

48 hours have passed so it's free-for-all.

Since Aim for the Top! Gunbuster questions are popular

In Episode 5 we see three anime movie posters in Noriko's room, name the one that is not for a Miyazaki film.

Edited by lord_breetai

Yet another Gunbuster question:

What live-action movie poster is featured in Noriko's room in episode 6?

Bonus Question: Name the director, the main Japanese actor and the main American actor of the film.

Time's up, the movie is Message from Space (Uchuu kara no Message). It was directed by the late Kinji Fukusaku (Battle Royale) and starred Sonny Chiba and the late Vic Morrow (before he lost his head while filming The Twilight Zone movie in 1983).

Next question:

In episode 2 of You're Under Arrest, what emergency did Miyuki and Natsumi face during the typhoon?

Damn it, I hate that cat. :p

Also, I'm at work, so I can't look up the episode 'til I get home, but I'm sure it had to do with cats.

Ok, I'm at home and just viewed the episode. Pregnant cat needing to be transfered to a better vet hospital while Tsujimoto & Kobayakawa had to apprehend a speeding driver while the city was temporarily plunged into a blackout. :deep breath:

Edited by The Shade

Damn it, I hate that cat. :p

Also, I'm at work, so I can't look up the episode 'til I get home, but I'm sure it had to do with cats.

Ok, I'm at home and just viewed the episode. Pregnant cat needing to be transfered to a better vet hospital while Tsujimoto & Kobayakawa had to apprehend a speeding driver while the city was temporarily plunged into a blackout. :deep breath:

IPB Image

Your turn, The Shade.

Yes!!! I love that cat! :D

Keeping this kind of related to You're Under Arrest, name two series the voice actor for Shouji Toukairin (Natsumi Tsujimoto's boyfriend) in which he was the male lead and (bonus points) what were those characters' names?

Edit: I'm talking about the Japanese voice actor.

Edited by The Shade

Yes!!! I love that cat! :D

Keeping this kind of related to You're Under Arrest, name two series the voice actor for Shouji Toukairin (Natsumi Tsujimoto's boyfriend) in which he was the male lead and (bonus points) what were those characters' names?

Edit: I'm talking about the Japanese voice actor.

Tomokazu Seki was the lead voice for Full Metal Panic! (as Sousuke Sagara) and Escaflowne (as Van Fanel).

In Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture, how many pieces of the Armor of Mars are recovered by Laocorn at the beginning of the film?

Time's up. Laocorn had just recovered the third piece at the beginning of the film.

Next question:

In Street Fighter II: The Movie, what injuries did Fei Long sustain during his fight with Ryu?

In Street Fighter II: The Movie, what injuries did Fei Long sustain during his fight with Ryu?

Time's up. Fei Long sustained a broken ankle and arm during the fight.

Next question:

Which Patlabor character is named after a famous military/espionage novelist?

In episode 6 of Full Metal Panic, Sousuke, Kaname & Kurz are surrounded by enemy soldiers in what looks like a no win situation. Kaname then says that this reminds her of a Hollywood film whose name she can't remember. Kurz says the same thing. What movie are they thinking of?

In 3x3 Eyes, what is the name of the first summon that main character Yakumo learns?

How much time allowed for each question?

Okay, I guess that was a bit too esoteric... the summon name is Tou-Chao.

Let's try...

In the (once again) non-too-mainstream anime Detonator Orgun, what was the grand final attack used by Orgun to save earth?