Street Fighter 4

I'm dying to play Gouken! He has all the moves of a Shoto clone but is different enough to not be considered a clone.

Gō Hadōken (anti air Hadoken, 2 if EX'd)

Tatsumaki Gō Rasen (diagonal Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku)

Kūchū Tatsumaki Senpū Kyaku (vertical Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku)

Senkū Gōshōha, (similar to Akuma's Ashura warp) that ends with an open palm attack

Kinjite Shōryūken (forbidden rising dragon fist) *super

Shin Shōryūken (true rising dragon fist) *ultra

Yup, Everyone always wanted to see Ryu and Ken's master and the "true" versions of the 3 techniques he taught them. Guess he hasn't died at the hands of Gouki after all.

sigh.... I'm stuck in a dilemma now. I want to get the Xbox version because all my friends are on xbox and I want to play against them, but the d-pad on the xbox controller sucks mad balls. PS3 on the other hand has a better d-pad for this type of game, but I only have two other friends who have PS3. So now I'm stuck. I haven't really seen any good joysticks out there for the xbox unless I missed something. Anybody seen any good joysticks for xbox? So what do you guys think I should do? So far the only suggestion I got was getting this:

http://store.videogamecentral.com/ps2-to-x...er-adapter.html

or Version 3 of this product:

http://www.renchi.com/renchi/Xbox_360_Acce...360_Pro_XCM.htm

• 1 month later...
360 pads everywhere it seems, PS3 ones much harder to find--"just Blanka" seems to be the mantra. (and that's my result too). Debating ordering online. (most places just give you a random one, few places allow you to pick)

Amazon still has SFIV PS3 pads for pre-order supposedly.

Nice to hear that they did give you the option to toggle the voices between english and japanese per character. You know where my toggle will be. Dunno why they bothered re-recording the dialog and in game voices as well.

Ready for next week with 2 Virtua Stick High Grades (awesome), a HRAP 3 modded with Seimitsu buttons, and I ordered a Mad Catz Tournament Edition Fightstick a couple months ago to compare with the others. Yes, I'm a joystick junkie. People will have their choice of Sanwa/Seimitsu goodness when playing at my house. And just to see if Mad Catz's non Sanwa parts goods can hang, I picked up a Ken and Chun Li Fight Pad as well when they were in the Gold Box at Amazon a few weeks back. We'll see if they live up to the Saturn Pad.

I'm ready!

Characters

Japan Intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5AwIspz9P4

US Intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIAWXNVGIzY

Not a fan of Exile's intro but they sell in Japan like hotcakes so I understand. Second half of intro music with SFIV theme is godly though.

Edited by Gaijin

Nothing here, will check again tomorrow. (I hate wasting time/gas like that--from all the reports online I figured at least ONE store here would have either the pads or game out today)

You didn't try Amazon for the pads?

Picked up the last unreserved PS3 CE version today at the gamestop near my work. They had alot of the regular versions available. Didn't see any pads though.

I have a regular Hori PS3 stick that works well..anything is better than the standard PS3 pad...ugh. I'll have to try my PS2 Sega Saturn controller with this later.

SFIV is alot of fun. Feels and plays like Street Fighter should. My only gripes are that the final boss is beyond lame and some of the ultra combos seem a bit overpowered. I'll have to play more to see if that's really the case

PSN: bandit29

Rose and Cammy's remixed themes are beyond awesome.

C. Viper's theme sounds like an epic boss fight music theme.

The Volcano stage music is bliss as well.

Exile's intro...I dunno about that one.

I'm ordering the 2CD soundtrack from Japan. The CE edition's soundtrack won't cut it...there are too many awesome tunes in this one.

sweet, I just walked into best buy and they had a bunch of the collector's edtion of the xbox version. The ps3 CE is almost gone. I might pick that one up as well later, but for now I got mine! woohoo! ^_^

I finally played the game. I feel a little let down. It seems so slow compared to previous incarnations of the series.

Seth is the cheapest character in any video game ever. With that said, it's definately not up to par with Street Fighter III or Guilty Gear in a lot of ways, but it's still fun, just "simpler." Also, shame for not giving Ryu a shoryu super or ultimate.

Dan's ending was worth the price of admission. I'd also have liked it better starting out with everyone unlocked. This isn't freakin' soul caibur. I will say I'm having more fun than I thought I would, but these games just lend themselves better to beautiful handrawn 2D.

Dan's ending was worth the price of admission. I'd also have liked it better starting out with everyone unlocked. This isn't freakin' soul caibur. I will say I'm having more fun than I thought I would, but these games just lend themselves better to beautiful handrawn 2D.

Ya but if SFIV came out as true 2D fighter..no one would care..I would, you would..SFIV's 3D look with 2D gameplay is what makes it stand out. I do wish there was a speed setting for SFIV...it can be a bit slow at times.

Great game. I've been playing it against friends non-stop.

My only gripe with it is the very limited online features.

Only 2 people per lobby and no one can spectate. The game would've really benefitted from being able to accomodate large groups of folks waiting for their turn to fight the winner. It would have gone a long way toward simulating the arcade experience of putting your "I got next" quarter on the edge of the screen.

Edited by RD Blade

yeah, they're just too damn impatient and the type that has to have everything now! Latest news on the madcatz joystick:

Madcatz Joystick

Dang, I should have bought out the store if they're going for that much.

On the other hand, PS3 ones are hard enough to find that I had to order online. (I read the manual and don't even plan to try to play with a 4-face-button controller--you really can't pick just 4 to focus on like most other iterations)

i finally played it till dawn, i must say the focus attacks are cool, you can even cancel them to do another combo.

one thing i dont like thats its only on 720p (ps3) WTF?

Edited by Vegas

So playing arcade mode is fun .... but why does EVERYONE use Ken all the time?! 5 New Challengers and each time they use Ken and try to fireball/uppercut boring attack.

But yeah, focus attacks are fun. Still haven't unlocked everyone just Gen, Sakura, Rose and Fei Long. Still need to unlock Gouken and Cammy dammit!

So playing arcade mode is fun .... but why does EVERYONE use Ken all the time?! 5 New Challengers and each time they use Ken and try to fireball/uppercut boring attack.

But yeah, focus attacks are fun. Still haven't unlocked everyone just Gen, Sakura, Rose and Fei Long. Still need to unlock Gouken and Cammy dammit!

Because Ryu doesn't have a shoryu related super, bastards!