Street Fighter 4

So is Capcom running out of ideas when they decided a
that uses a tub of lube (LUBE!) would make a great new character? Who knows, but I think he's awesome.

Oh god, that guy is hilariously badass! I say he's a great addition.

Too bad one SFIV game is enough for me.

Edited by shiroikaze

If they wanted a fast grappler, they should have brought in Alex from SF3. Don't make new characters when well-liked previously-established ones exist in the same role.

Well, Alex from SF3 is in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom if you want to play him right now!

• 1 month later...
Anyone playing SSFIV?

Also How do beat Seth with Dhalsim?

Yeah...I just got it. Nice upgrade.

Dhalsim's unique move list makes him hard to use, near impossible to master. Try using fierce punch, slow fireball from afar. And always hold back when up close to attack without stretching. Yoga Catastrophe is very affective against the CPU.

In case anybody wants to battle on Xbox Live, S/N: RDBlade 0

Just be sure to message that you're from MWF.

Edited by RD Blade

Yeah...I just got it. Nice upgrade.

Dhalsim's unique move list makes him hard to use, near impossible to master. Try using fierce punch, slow fireball from afar. And always hold back when up close to attack without stretching. Yoga Catastrophe is very affective against the CPU.

In case anybody wants to battle on Xbox Live, S/N: RDBlade 0

Just be sure to message that you're from MWF.

I played The trial mode with ibuki. I like the different supers that everyone has. one close range and one charging one.

BUt im trying to finish up sf4 before jumping into ssf4.

did it keep your specs from SFIV?
No. Just 2 additional colors (styles, actually) per character are unlocked for having a SFIV save file. I'm pretty bummed I have to do all the hard trials again.

Is Ibuki hampered by "does no damage, takes double" like she was in SF3?
She's still low on stamina, but deals decent damage...and FAST! Just like Cammy: In the right hands, she'll give you a run for your money. Edited by RD Blade

Good. Because in SF3, Ibuki was just too handicapped--her speed just didn't make up for the COMBINED effects of taking so much damage while dealing out so little. (I think it was her low damage dealt more than anything---her 6 hit combos were about equal to a single roundhouse from Ryu...)

• 4 weeks later...

Considering getting a stick. Using a controller for an extended period of time makes my hands uncomfortable.

Also Seth has been toned down!!! smile.gifsmile.gifwub.gif

Avoid Hori sticks. (hope I'm not too late)

Madcatz Fightsticks have turned the company's bad rep around.

Avoid Hori sticks. (hope I'm not too late)

Madcatz Fightsticks have turned the company's bad rep around.

Hori sticks with Sanwa parts are superb.

Hori ones without Sanwa or Seimitsu are better than Madcatz standard ones though.

Hori sticks with Sanwa parts are superb.

Hori ones without Sanwa or Seimitsu are better than Madcatz standard ones though.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you there.

Hori sticks have their buttons hard-soldered to the board. Without some decent soldering skill and a Dremel, they're a pain in the nuts to mod/upgrade. I just did the button upgrade to resurrect one of my Hori's.

I bought 2 Hori sticks at the same time. Each had a button that stopped functioning within a couple months. I then used up some gift cards to get a Madcatz S.E. stick. The Madcatz was functioning fine for several months (with the occasional button sticking) until I did a full Sanwa swap. Easy as pulling the buttons out and dropping in the replacements. Now it's a beast.

So, in my experience, Madcatz sticks are superior to Hori both in off-the-shelf quality and ease of modding.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you there.

Hori sticks have their buttons hard-soldered to the board. Without some decent soldering skill and a Dremel, they're a pain in the nuts to mod/upgrade. I just did the button upgrade to resurrect one of my Hori's.

I bought 2 Hori sticks at the same time. Each had a button that stopped functioning within a couple months. I then used up some gift cards to get a Madcatz S.E. stick. The Madcatz was functioning fine for several months (with the occasional button sticking) until I did a full Sanwa swap. Easy as pulling the buttons out and dropping in the replacements. Now it's a beast.

So, in my experience, Madcatz sticks are superior to Hori both in off-the-shelf quality and ease of modding.

Which Hori sticks are you referring to? RAP's are not hard soldered. Just as easy as pulling them out. And your SE had button sticking? That is hardly a sign of quality. I've had sticks for years, of all types, modded and unmodded. The Mad Catz SE's are ok but I wouldn't say they are superior.

And you can get a Hori with Sanwa parts already for cheaper than a Mad Catz TE off the shelf.

Edited by Gaijin

The Hori sticks I own are EX2's. I'm unfamiliar with RAP's.

For what it's worth, I'm satisfied with the upgraded EX2.

The Real Arcade Pro's have Sanwa parts already. Either a Sanwa stick and easy swap out buttons (RAP) or complete Sanwa parts (RAP SA). RAP's used to be $79 and are a great base to modify/play around with.

This is a Hori RAP I modded last year with Seimitsu buttons (they snap right out) and I also changed the ball top (but kept the Sanwa stick with square gate) and added artwork.

IMG_0339.jpg