1/72 Regult Scout type?

captain america

Yeah a N-Ger DYRL version would be a Grail kit to me. I am just guessing that in 1/72 it would be big, heavy, and costly..

The movie version is really better than the serie version in my opinion. It shouldn't be more heavy (and costly) than the regult or the Q-Rau...

The problem is not a lack of will on my behalf to produce new models, but rather a lack of demand for certain subjects. From my own personal experience, demand becomes rather fragmented whenever I try to deviate from the designs of the original SDF: MACROSS, and to be honest, I find many of the designs in the spinoff series to be rather weak and unattractive.

That having been said, I can also only produce so many models in a given period of time, since I have other obligations. Further, I feel that I'm already producing models faster than most people can earn the $$ to afford them, so I'll likely be offering fewer models in '08, and I have at least 2 subjects in mind that will be limited release. By "limited", I mean a production run of roughly half of what I make now :ph34r:

The problem is not a lack of will on my behalf to produce new models, but rather a lack of demand for certain subjects. From my own personal experience, demand becomes rather fragmented whenever I try to deviate from the designs of the original SDF: MACROSS, and to be honest, I find many of the designs in the spinoff series to be rather weak and unattractive.

That having been said, I can also only produce so many models in a given period of time, since I have other obligations. Further, I feel that I'm already producing models faster than most people can earn the $$ to afford them, so I'll likely be offering fewer models in '08, and I have at least 2 subjects in mind that will be limited release. By "limited", I mean a production run of roughly half of what I make now :ph34r:

Don't worry. The regult scout is enough for the moment (I didn't think to see a day this version in 1/72 scale. I also think to my wallet...).

We just need to dream ! :lol:

Yeah a N-Ger DYRL version would be a Grail kit to me. I am just guessing that in 1/72 it would be big, heavy, and costly..

Ditto. I would just have to fund it anyway. Wouldn't definitely miss on that one. The same with big Q-rau. But DYRL N-Ger is even more grail kit to me.

Share info with us so we can start saving if necessary...!

:p

or take out a loan if necessary...!!

Captain, keep them coming... don't slow down! :lol: Seriously, a suggestion would be to take a poll every now and then for the upcoming "Moscato Releases". I know that the further away one gets from the main mechas, there will be less interest or demand. But given the number of "die hard" 1/72 modelers on this board, you should always be able to get enough demand to justify at least one run.

By the way, I watched Macross Zero all over again these past couple of days. I still don't appreciate the story but love the action sequence and the CG used (although, I do sense my stomach tingling with too much CG and less "anime"). I noticed the predecessors of the "Defenders" that appear in Zero. Anyone thought of making these to go with the VF-0 or Sr-51 valks or battroids?

By the way, I watched Macross Zero all over again these past couple of days. I still don't appreciate the story but love the action sequence and the CG used (although, I do sense my stomach tingling with too much CG and less "anime"). I noticed the predecessors of the "Defenders" that appear in Zero. Anyone thought of making these to go with the VF-0 or Sr-51 valks or battroids?

M0 destroid.... Hmmm. Good idea. One more in the wish list !

I hopped over to the Samurai Monkey site and back... At one point, some folks suggested the mechs from Macross II (albeit non-canon).

I picked up a resin kit of a 1/72 YF-19 in battroid mode a while back on Yahoo Japan Auction. I was thinking it would be nice if these could be modified to cast a 1/72 Fire Valks or VF-19S from Mac7. I never bought into the design using a "human face" for the battroid's head so as an option, we could get regular heads as well? I wonder if anyone is interested in taking on this project.

Hi everyone!

As the title states, I'm interested to know how many people (if any) would be interested in a 1/72 Tactical Scout Regult kit, so I started this thread to gauge interest. My aim would be to be to offer a kit very similar to the heavy Regult, which is to say solid, static pose, and including accurate decal markings.

Owing to the scout pod's design, I also intend to mold the sensory thingies in such a way as to make it light-friendly, should anyone feel compelled to go that route.

Projected unit kit price: $140.00.

Any takers?

Sign me up for 1. Let me know what to do in terms of payment. My email is josehmujica@hotmail.com.

I should have the pics of the final model tomorrow, the parts are pretty much done, with just some minor detailing remaining. For a non weapons-carrying mecha, this thing came out looking pretty damn kickass, but don't take my word for it, judge for yourself tomorrow when I post pics.

Can't wait~ Like I said before, this is a dream month for 1/72 scale model lovers. :lol:

Like I said before, I have my money ready to go. Hopefully I can get in on the first run of this. Just send me the pm when ready. I'll send money right over. BTW, this scout looks beautiful, and it's not even detailed yet??? B))

Hi Jasonc. The detailing I refer to is in fact just minor riveting and clean-up: things that don't necessarily photograph well, but that'll make a difference up close.

Wow that was fast, looks really awesome Cap'n, wish I could see the pics at SM but half the time the site won't let me log in.

Anyone else have this problem, sometimes it will accept my PW and sometimes it won't.

The Scout Regult is done; only minor detailing needed now; all the info is at the SM site: http://www.samurai-monkey.com/boardz/viewt...php?p=9391#9391

Teaser pic ^_^

Oh, that is sweet. Just saw the other pics on SM site. Captain, would you be so kind to post the pics here for those who can't log in? It would be a shame for others (even those who are not interested in 1/72 scale) not to see this and appreciate it.

Hi everyone!

As the title states, I'm interested to know how many people (if any) would be interested in a 1/72 Tactical Scout Regult kit, so I started this thread to gauge interest. My aim would be to be to offer a kit very similar to the heavy Regult, which is to say solid, static pose, and including accurate decal markings.

Owing to the scout pod's design, I also intend to mold the sensory thingies in such a way as to make it light-friendly, should anyone feel compelled to go that route.

Projected unit kit price: $140.00.

Any takers?

CA,

Can you write me so we can talk more about this kit?

ARTSBLUEKNIGHT

• 2 weeks later...