1/72 VF-4 Fighter Resin Kit Project

Valk009

Okay guys, about two years back I released the 1/72 scale VF-4 fighter resin kit sculpted by my friend based on the rare Musasiya kit with modifications and updates.

There was only one run on that kit and it has been long sold out. Ever since the kit was sold out I have been receiving e-mails and PM's on when it will be released again. Since that kit was a limited edition, it will not be released anymore. However, since the demand seems to be there, I am thinking of making it available again with some differences as not to make the people who bought the original set unhappy.

I plan to release the kit, if the are sufficient interest. the new kit will be 100% of resin, no more metal parts. It will come with watersldie decals and most importantly redone landing gears and possibly the pilot figure.

I plan to issue the kit at around $80 shipped, this will however depend on the interest and the volume made.

If anyone is interested please put their names down and if there is suffiecient interest, then the project will get the green lights!

I'd like to be interested. I'm a bit leery of "changes to protect the feelings of LE owners." If it's a difference in materials, that's ok. If it's the same detail or better, that's ok. If it's more difficult to assemble or has lacking detail, I'm less interested. Just trying to be honest up front so there's no WTF reaction down the line. Hope I didn't offend.

I have one from the first run and I can only recommend it to anyone. It is a great model and well cast.

I don´t care if you make changes or not - I do not consider this a speculation object, I want it built on my shelf - so the only thing that bothers me about limitations is that my time is just too limited to build it right now.

Hi guys, I will post a pic of a completed VF-4 from the first run.

The differences with this new kit will be subtle, the main difference is no more metal parts and new landing gears.

When you post pics, can you post some pure side shots? I'm not real up on the variances in the VF-4G kits, but it appears (to me, anyway) that some have a bit of a flattened S curve in the fuselage, while in others it's straighter. It could be an optical illusion. Sorry if I'm a PITA.

Sorry for the long delay guys, had to search for the pics, forgot where I placed them!

So, the kit will basically be the same as the picture, besides no more metal parts and new landing gears. If I have tiem I will also rework the instructions, the old ones were nothing much to write home about :huh:

post-1066-1187011077_thumb.jpg

With so many interest, I will say it is a green light for this project!

I have spoken with my recaster to make room for this kit in his busy schedule. The modifications should be fairly easy and straight forward and we are looking to have the kits ready to be shipped out by mid September. Price wise the kit will go for $75 shipped!

I will make a new thread and contact those who showed interest here in this thread once things are in place!

With so many interest, I will say it is a green light for this project!<br /><br />I have spoken with my recaster to make room for this kit in his busy schedule. The modifications should be fairly easy and straight forward and we are looking to have the kits ready to be shipped out by mid September. Price wise the kit will go for $75 shipped!<br /><br />I will make a new thread and contact those who showed interest here in this thread once things are in place!<br />

Kickass

Thanks for the pics

Edited by cowie165

Everything is going according to plan. The master kit is already prepared and on the sprue, ready for casting.

I am hoping to get the pilot figure remodelled over the weekend. The original Musasiya kit's pilot was a joke, basically a big fat blob. In my first run of the modified kit, I have included a casted metal pilot taken directly from the Hasegawa model kit. The VF-4 pilot suit does look a little different, so I am hoping to get a little work here for the new kit.

Istructions will also be re-worked but that will happen when the kirst kit is ready, will use pics this time round rather than drawings!

Latest Info: Casting will begin this weekend, so kits will be available the first week of September!

Edited by Valk009

• 2 weeks later...

Speak of the devil, I'm just in the finishing stages of building the VF-4 from the first go around since last year, so yeah, the little box has been collecting dust for about 1 year now but I broke it out. This was my first resin I've worked with EVER, and most of the build was fun - I just wish I used superglue instead of some crap epoxy which bleed all over. It was also my fault for rushing the project as I didn't make sure that especially the back engines and fins fit properly together - I don't think its the cast's fault. Just let me upload some of the pictures when my camera is ready, and you might get a good idea for the final product. Again, I recommend this new batch, as the canopy and the landing gear are a tad hard to work with. Also the mini slabs of details were hard as hell to cut out from the molding, so I just ignored them and prayed to God I wouldn't be missing too much details. The panel lines are deep and pronounced.

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5547.jpg

IMG_5548.jpg

IMG_5549.jpg

IMG_5550.jpg

IMG_5551.jpg

IMG_5552.jpg

Edited by Spatula