Transformer Super Thread 6

Latley is a great time to be a TF fan.

TF Animated looks great.

IDW keeps rollin in great new stories and artists and developing a heck of a fanart community

The Movie wasnt as bad as I thought and I actually really enjoyed it.

The only downer is that its a long wait for the new Animated and Classics/Universe 2.0 lines :(

Yep, IDW are sure doing great things! Been over at their forums for a while there and every now and then the artists/writer chat to the members which is cool.

And the fanart thing is fricken sweet - some really good stuff there. Also what IDW have done for fans is just awesome, with the last 2 issues of Transformers; Devastation, fan art has been printed that was produced on those boards and subsequent DeviantART pages.

Good time to be a Transformers fan indeed!

Transformers Mosaic Project on DeviantART

Careful tho, alotta fan boys post their 'art' up there too... so watch out!

It's a good time to be a Transformers fan, no doubt. However, it's probably a terrible time to be a kid with Transformers on your Christmas list this year. I just went through a couple toy aisles in a couple different stores, and there's really nothing there. :(

I've seen Just two Concept BB's, maybe one or two Voyager SS's, no Voyager Ratchets or Ironhides, and butt load of Leader Megatrons and Brawl/Devestators, and not a single OP anywhere.

I'm thinking about picking up that Arcee figure though. That one really looks sweet in both forms.

My son's going to be happy in a couple weeks though. We were walking through the toy section at WallyWorld, and he noticed that there were no MP SS's left. He said "I really wanted one of those, but now they don't have them anymore." Glad I snagged a second one for him.

I've seen Just two Concept BB's, maybe one or two Voyager SS's, no Voyager Ratchets or Ironhides, and butt load of Leader Megatrons and Brawl/Devestators, and not a single OP anywhere.

I'm thinking about picking up that Arcee figure though. That one really looks sweet in both forms.

My son's going to be happy in a couple weeks though. We were walking through the toy section at WallyWorld, and he noticed that there were no MP SS's left. He said "I really wanted one of those, but now they don't have them anymore." Glad I snagged a second one for him.

The arcee is cool, but the arms have wierd joints that make posing them a little hard.

I haven't seen the Wal-Mart exclusive Masterpiece Starscream at all .... sigh.

I'll probably have to pay eBay prices in the new year.

<_<

You might want to register on the TFW2005 forums and try to get one through a member there. There is a whole thread devoted to helping people get one, and most people don't charge anything on top of shipping fees, although some poeople are asking for gas money. It was working well for a while but to be honest I haven't checked in on the thread for a couple weeks.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.p...698&page=75

There is a member that goes by "bullgates" that lives in the same state as me, he still had 10 of them as of a week or so ago. Originally they were for local fans, but I think he was having a hard time getting rid of them so maybe ask him?

Good luck! :)

I'm pretty excited finding out that two TF's confirmed for the 2.0 Classics release are Prowl and Sunstreaker. Two toys I diffenetly wanna get.

Wait, when was Prowl confirmed? I only remember Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, and Octane? Not that I'm complaining, I'm up for a Prowl. And Wheeljack, Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet, Hound, Cylconus, Galvatron, Blitzwing, and Shockwave. And new Seekers based on IDW's (at the very least, give a Thundercracker to those of us who couldn't afford the Botcon set!). And maybe a Nova Prime based on the sketches in Spotlight: Optimus Prime.

....what the hell does he turn into? It doesn't really look like a vehicle or a weapon, or anything. Bot mode looks cool, although the clear bits are kind of a turn-off. Wow, after all these years there has yet to be a single Megatron from any series that I like in both modes.

Cybertronian jet(possibly hover type, as the earth mode version has a hover capable V-22 inspired design). Cybertronian Megatron's alt mode is shown flying in the recent cartoon network trailer for animated.

Wait, when was Prowl confirmed? I only remember Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, and Octane? Not that I'm complaining, I'm up for a Prowl. And Wheeljack, Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet, Hound, Cylconus, Galvatron, Blitzwing, and Shockwave. And new Seekers based on IDW's (at the very least, give a Thundercracker to those of us who couldn't afford the Botcon set!). And maybe a Nova Prime based on the sketches in Spotlight: Optimus Prime.

In the latest issue of Toyfare magazine.

I want a classics God Ginrai.

I want a classic Gears. Why? Because no one loves Gears.

I loved Gears when I was a kid. Something about his color scheme...I was always disappointed he wasn't in the cartoon more.

I hope Animated runs more than one season. I'd love to see them really flesh out the cast.

Cybertronian jet(possibly hover type, as the earth mode version has a hover capable V-22 inspired design). Cybertronian Megatron's alt mode is shown flying in the recent cartoon network trailer for animated.

Is it just me, or is "cybertronian jet" a codephrase for "we honestly have NO EFF'ING CLUE what this is" in a lot of cases?

I'm excited about the Classics 2.0 release news ... bring on Prowl, Sunstreak, and Sideswipe!!

^_^

Hoist will probably be a repaint of TF Movie Longarm.

And it would suck if they made Silverstreak & Smokescreen Botcon exclusives (aka. ass rape prices).

<_<

As for G1 Galvatron - his alt mode was crap IMHO. In fact, the bot mode wasn't that great either.

I'm excited about the Classics 2.0 release news ... bring on Prowl, Sunstreak, and Sideswipe!!

^_^

Hoist will probably be a repaint of TF Movie Longarm.

And it would suck if they made Silverstreak & Smokescreen Botcon exclusives (aka. ass rape prices).

<_<

As for G1 Galvatron - his alt mode was crap IMHO. In fact, the bot mode wasn't that great either.

Galvatron's G1 toy wasn't just kind of a crappy barrel-shaped thing, but his alt-mode was always lame, even in animation. What we really need is a Revoltech Galvatron based on Guido Guidi's art.

^_^

Me too. The Classics line is my favorite so far, and Sunstreaker was always my favorite figure so I'm really looking forward to him.

If they're going to release a special Botcon only version, they should at least release another version for the rest of the fans. Maybe give the Botcon one a special paint scheme or a special weapon or something.

Galvatron's G1 toy wasn't just kind of a crappy barrel-shaped thing, but his alt-mode was always lame, even in animation. What we really need is a Revoltech Galvatron based on Guido Guidi's art.

I agree with everything you said.

It's just interesting, because people are all over 'Cyberton Jet' when practically all of the "2005" toys alt modes looked like crap in a hat, and many of those were quite beloved.

Edited by hutch

I agree with everything you said.

It's just interesting, because people are demolishing 'Cyberton Jet' when practically all of the "2005" toys alt modes looked like crap in a hat, and many of those were quite beloved.

"Demolishing", that's so dramatic it made me giggle. :D People can criticize something and STILL like it. I criticize the crap out of Leopaldon but he's still one of my favorite SOC toys.