Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

Can I post a Zardoz pic yet? :blink:

okay, I'll admit this comparison is harder to make out. Frankly, I can't tell the difference between the yamato and dstance. they look about the same to me.

mog:: stop stealing my lines man!

:p

MOD EDIT: No Zardoz

. But the fact that the LARGER yamato 1/60 is the almost the same thickness as the smaller 1/72 d stance...

LOL so it's a fact now even though you can't make a comparison? There's an expression for that that I'm not going to post here!

ANYWAY.. the point of all this moaning is that the more noise people make about the crappy legs on the 21, the more likely it is that they'll be fixed on the 22, It's my understanding that they will have to alter the belly, so they might as well put some decent legs on while they're at it!

Dammit eugi!!! Both of their gunpods are way too small.

And the gunpods aren't BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wohoo! Got us to the next page!

Edited by Mog

LOL so it's a fact now even though you can't make a comparison? There's an expression for that that I'm not going to post here!

ANYWAY.. the point of all this moaning is that the more noise people make about the crappy legs on the 21, the more likely it is that they'll be fixed on the 22, It's my understanding that they will have to alter the belly, so they might as well put some decent legs on while they're at it!

talking about LOL, I didn't put up doctored pics to make my point, unlike some people... some people being YOU And I see you still can't address any of the points that others and myself have brought up. But hey, keep on with your rhetorical arguements.

Maybe you can do some more selective transforms on the d-stance and post them up so you can prove how much more anime accurate it is? Or maybe it would be easier to doctor up some more line art pics to match the d-stance? Or maybe you can just fire off one of your witty little put downs?

I vote that the next user to post pics of Zardoz again be banned from the forums for life.

-Kyp

Does an avatar count? I'm asking because I just made this great little GIF and I'd love to use it... :rolleyes:

zardozaf0.gif

BTW: Guys I've been applying some very nasty chemicals on my bathroom tiles to make the new tiles, we're putting over them, stick better. You think the fumes got to me?

BTW2: This discussion has really made it clear to me that the Yamato is the best rendition of the YF-21 to date.

2 THUMBS UP YAMATO!!11 ^_^

Edited by Dante74

I vote that the next user to post pics of Zardoz again be banned from the forums for life.

-Kyp

Zardoz pics are far more interesting than another four pages of beating the dead horse with the thick legs whine.

Maximiria, are you now just trolling or is it just my imagination? Because a normal person that wants a design to change would make a thread dedicated to organize people to achieve that sole purpose instead of just spamming this thread like you have been doing after expressing your point of view loooong ago.

BTW, no complaints about the beaver tail after the new pics showed how it looks. Looks like everyone here loves beaver! :lol:

Someone mentioned the possibility of there being a delimiter mode seeing as there seems to be detail inside the fuselage. I see a blue piece o plastic with a weird shape but it could also be part of the sliding mechanism. Any other views on the matter?

Hehe.

Yo. I go out of town a couple days for the holidays and poof!, a batty war with MW's very own Batty Bouncer went on without me~

Got to admit though, it's pretty damn hilarious reading it on the sidelines. :lol:

Maximiria, you're entitled to your opinion and I totally agree that change only happens when people voice their opinions. It's the whole point of a toy section forum.

Just make sure you dont take it personal when you're the only one bantering about it... sometimes you get more people behind you and it eventually gets to Graham and then maybe into the ears of Yamato, sometimes you're alone and it ends up no where and you're left licking your wounds from all the anti-battying beat down you get.

To his credit though, Eugimon did approach you mildly, you just pissed him off with your rhetoric~ ^_^

IMO,

The yamato's yf-21 legs are skinny and the Dstance does capture the essence of the yf-21 battroid better than the yamato but yamato has the fighter mode down so good that I really stopped caring if the legs were a bit skinny.

And thanks for the comparison pics guys... I used to love the D-stance but I'm happy I'll be getting something better with PT come early next year.

Should I start the next round of "b!tching"? :rolleyes:

Apparently, I found a super-secret snapshot of the upcoming YF-21 in delimiter mode :p :

Eugi's side by side comparison of the D-stance and Yamato sealed it for me. The neck of the Yamato looks much better, and the tailfins do as well. The nose of the fighter is longer but thicker, and this makes it a win. What is even sweeter is that nose can be shortened in battroid mode due to the transformation mechanism.

I'll be getting eight of these. Might as well order right away, as there is not really going to be a second run with improvements.

I'll tell you what, if you find a D'stance for sale (good luck with that) I'll buy it just for the killer battroid mode.

I only brought it up because people claimed it was -impossible- to fit decent legs into a sleek fighter. It was done on a 1:72. It should have been easier to do the same on the 1:60 but it seems yamato couldn't even include a rotating head! :(

Your forgetting to say that people think its impossible to fit the bigger supposed anime accurate legs into a sleek fighter that remains perfect transformation and still retains retractable landing gear. Obviously with the D stance, it is impossible. You may think the D stance manages to have big legs with a sleek fighter mode, but it has a bunch of gaps all over the place, ugly outstandingly inaccurate landing gear(no wonder it was a garage kit, Kawamori would never approve that!), and exposed arms from the robot mode that clearly give away the fact that it transforms. That may work on a transformer, but its frowned upon on a valkyrie.

heehee, I'm just glad it was with a noob and not wih you Nani?!. I'm still smarting from the last time we tussled. :p

Oh wow. Someone on a toy forum called me a noob! I'm not gonna get a wink of sleep tonight because of my hurt feelings! Frankly I'm glad I'm a noob here, -five thousand- posts on a toy/cartoon forum is not something I'D be proud of.... But hey, you keep at it tiger!

Oh wow. Someone on a toy forum called me a noob! I'm not gonna get a wink of sleep tonight because of my hurt feelings! Frankly I'm glad I'm a noob here, -five thousand- posts on a toy/cartoon forum is not something I'D be proud of.... But hey, you keep at it tiger!

You know, noob doesn't have to be taken offensively. You are new to the forums, therefore are a noob. Makes sense doesn't it?

Wow, you are one sad little person. I've been on this instance of this board for 4 years, so 5k posts is less than 4 a day. And after taking a quick look at your daily post ratio, you're ahead of me. So for something you're not proud about, you sure are trying hard. But hey, I guess if you can't win the actual argument you need to move on to something else eh? What is that, the internet equivalent of taking your ball and going home?

And "noob" is not meant to be an offensive term and it's used here on "official" pinned threads, like the newbie question thread. But I can see why someone who's so quick to put down others would automatically assume insult.

Anyways man, you're not addressing any points made against your claim that the doctored pic of the vf-22 is an accurate representation of the design or that the d-stance is more accurate than the yamato and now you're just outright being insulting.

Edited by eugimon

:mellow:

So much for my attempt to lighten the mood of the thread (or at least getting us to discuss the delimiter mode pros/cons again).

I'd say more, but it's not my place to say nor is it appropriate for the thread.

So much for my attempt to lighten the mood of the thread (or at least getting us to discuss the delimiter mode pros/cons again).

I'd say more, but it's not my place to say nor is it appropriate for the thread.

That pic reference was hilarious Mog! I love that movie. "It's just a flesh wound!"

Lets just ignore the noob troll, maybe it'll go away.

I want option parts to upgrade it into the VF-22. B))

In the original obsolete sculpt they included the extra head and cockpit canopy didn't they?

To eugi, no need to apologize; we were posting at the same time. ;) I wasn't posting in reply to your post there.

To Dante74, I don't know if I just made the delimiter mode more cool or uncool. But I just had to watch that Black Knight scene again after thinking this up. That whole scene still kills me!!! :lol:

And here I check in hoping things had calmed down. Next person to cause trouble in the thread gets a banning. And that goes for if you're responding to something someone said just 2 mins ago and you haven't had a chance to reply yet. Feeding a flame is as bad as starting the flame itself.

To eugi, no need to apologize; we were posting at the same time. ;) I wasn't posting in reply to your post there.

To Dante74, I don't know if I just made the delimiter mode more cool or uncool. But I just had to watch that Black Knight scene again after thinking this up. That whole scene still kills me!!! :lol:

Thanks to that picture, if the yf-21 does have a delimiter mode, I'm going to pose mine in battroid mode sans limbs in homage.

I don't think so. But even if there's not a built in mode, it should be easy enough to do.

True, just unscrew the skinny legs ;) and done. Not that I'd do it, as I think it looks kind of silly.

Let me just edit in one of these ;) .

Edited by Dante74

True, just unscrew the skinny legs and done. Not that I'd do it, as I think it looks kind of silly.

and hell, there's a good chance the arms are just going to fall off on their own anyways, so that's one less thing you'd need to do. :p

and hell, there's a good chance the arms are just going to fall off on their own anyways, so that's one less thing you'd need to do. :p

The arms need to be taken off too? I need to re watch the anime.

But wihout the arms it wouldn't even have tailfins. How would Guld control a plane with just its main wings, willpower?...that would be silly.

:lol:

As I've said before, I'm more for solid joints and tons of posing options.

So, I'm actually against adding the delimiter mode. Visions of floppy or broken joints just worry me too much.

It's more an issue of QC concerns than anything else.

Besides how can Guld be a hardcore blocking the Ghost's direct shots if he doesn't have his tailfins/shields?

What's he going to do?! Bleed all over the Ghost?! :D

Edited by Mog

But wihout the arms it wouldn't even have tailfins. How would Guld control a plane with just its main wings, willpower?...that would be silly.

delimitermode.jpg

time stamp 27:18

Edited by eugimon

Im guessing those little 3D vector thrust paddles go a long way?

(It's a cartoon, and it's a damn cool scene, so I just turn off the logical side of my brain during that part of the movie. ^_^ )