Transformers: Animated

Wingblade Optimus, the upcoming Prime that uses the deluxe mold from the Battle Begins 2 pack with new parts to make the trailer, also has a nice bonus feature. The parts that form his trailer, wings and jetpack component, can be used on the existing voyager Prime figure.

So we're getting Animated Powered Commander? :D

So are we getting new TF animated toys for sure? I saw the new pix from botcon, but I didn't hear anything about them eventually releasing them. Anybody know if they are releasing Arcee and the rest?

Yes. The next time we hear something more concrete may be at SDCC.

sweet, that's good news then. I may have to sit in at the hasbro panel then at SDCC! ^_^

So are we getting new TF animated toys for sure? I saw the new pix from botcon, but I didn't hear anything about them eventually releasing them. Anybody know if they are releasing Arcee and the rest?

Excerpy from Griffin's Botcon report on OzFormers LINK

Animated toys are intended to be released at the end of 2009/early 2010, but no exact timings yet. (Probably because these are a number of toys that have reached tooling stage, and need to be produced to make back their investment)

- Electrostatic Soundwave with Ratbat (Deluxe Decep)

- Arcee (Deluxe Auto)

- Rodimus Minor (Deluxe Auto)

- Cybertronian Ratchet (Deluxe Auto)

- Cybertronian Ironhide (Deluxe Auto), Ratchet redeco with a new head.

- Fugitive Waspinator (Deluxe Auto), green Bumblebee redeco. They wanted a new head, but cost prevented them, so Forrest wrote up the bio to explain it as being Wasp during the episode where he pretends to be Bumblebee.

- Goldfire Grimlock (Voyager Auto), gold redeco (slide called it Goldfire, while the display case tag called it Golfire)

- Hydrodrive Bumblebee (Voyager Auto), new smaller Bumblebee.

- Blackout (Voyager Decep), in 'Earth mode' as a helicopter like 2007 Movie Blackout.

- Wingblade Optimus (Voyager Auto), Deluxe Optimus with extra bits.

- Thundercracker (Voyager Decep), Starscream redeco.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the midst of the massive closeout sale on all Animated toys, the toy store near my place actually had Leader Class Ultra Magnus in stock - and for $20! I was actually gonna pay full price for one at a hobby shop weeks ago.

I must say that this is an awesome figure. Got great articulation and lots of hidden weapons. Of course, no figure is without its flaws. In the case of Magnus, he's unfinished. So I whipped out my paints and made him closer to the show version. I also experimented with a new metallic paint by Gunze Sangyo, and here are the results:

l_3db7388c8756497cabbbf387011caaa8.jpg

l_9daaafeed2f24548b78d6ba965b73513.jpg

l_345f8553d7b94923b4506dfa2b091fff.jpg

l_4caf198b7f134a9a96b04bfaf84e1c59.jpg

l_fcc08ce4e7fa4ea98f8a90050acb6900.jpg

Good job with Ultra Magnus. I love the TF Animated show but still refuse to buy any of its toys as I don't find them appealing. However, I will definitely cave in when Arcee comes out.

In the midst of the massive closeout sale on all Animated toys, the toy store near my place actually had Leader Class Ultra Magnus in stock - and for $20! I was actually gonna pay full price for one at a hobby shop weeks ago.

I must say that this is an awesome figure. Got great articulation and lots of hidden weapons. Of course, no figure is without its flaws. In the case of Magnus, he's unfinished. So I whipped out my paints and made him closer to the show version. I also experimented with a new metallic paint by Gunze Sangyo, and here are the results:

Holy Smokes, that looks great! I never picked up UM because I really dislike the baby-blue color.

I always heard it looks much better in person, but when I saw it in person it actually looked worse to me.

I do like the colors on the Roadbuster UM...except for the blue head which completely and utterly destroys the whole look.

I'm hoping for an official repaint in the future, otherwise my Animated armada will remain UM-less.

Holy Smokes, that looks great! I never picked up UM because I really dislike the baby-blue color.

I always heard it looks much better in person, but when I saw it in person it actually looked worse to me.

Thanks. The blue is actually much darker, as I was forced to use a flash on my photos.

UM is much better in person, especially out of the box. He's currently my favorite in the Animated line next to Jazz.

Thanks. The blue is actually much darker, as I was forced to use a flash on my photos.

UM is much better in person, especially out of the box. He's currently my favorite in the Animated line next to Jazz.

UM is great, so is Leader Megatron, but my favorite was Grimlock. His bot mode owns.

UM is great, so is Leader Megatron, but my favorite was Grimlock. His bot mode owns.

Grimlock is not bad, but the open space on his chest in T-Rex mode is an eyesore. And I keep him in T-Rex mode, as robot mode is traditionally not as popular.

BTW, does anyone here have Shadow Blade Megatron?

I have a question about Transformer G1 when Ultra Magnus was first in the show he was a large rocket that the Autobots used to travel in to space, but in later parts of the G1 cartoon he is a large semitrailer truck did they ever explain the change in the show.

Yeah, you'd be wrong. :) But hey, for many years I'd have sworn in court that I saw a G1 Arcee for sale at Kay-Bee once. (I do however, clearly remember my Bluestreak as being silver, not blue, so my childhood memory-accuracy averages out).

Grimlock is not bad, but the open space on his chest in T-Rex mode is an eyesore. And I keep him in T-Rex mode, as robot mode is traditionally not as popular.

BTW, does anyone here have Shadow Blade Megatron?

I have Shadow Blade Megatron. Good looking figure, I only bought him because I won him on ebay a while back for 28 shipped. My only gripe with him is I wish they would have reversed the black and purple, so he could be Galvatron. I guess I could paint a Megatron, but I don't feel like it and I have other projects that take higher priority.

But hey, for many years I'd have sworn in court that I saw a G1 Arcee for sale at Kay-Bee once.

I wonder if it's the same toy that my friend swears to this day that he saw and played with as a kid in the 80's.

Says his friend had an Arcee toy, it was pink, and more specifically that it was a Headmaster. <_<

That Animated Blackout makes me happy. It's going to feel really good to see some new Animated toys on the shelf.

I have a question about Transformer G1 when Ultra Magnus was first in the show he was a large rocket that the Autobots used to travel in to space, but in later parts of the G1 cartoon he is a large semitrailer truck did they ever explain the change in the show.

Never happened, the rocket was always Omega Supreme.

Sentinel Prime should also be Voyager Class, but since he's an a-hole, he deserves to stay in Deluxe Class.

Except that he really NEEDS to be a leader-class toy, as one of three bots in the entire show that were actually taken by the Headmaster(making that a leader-class gimmick was one of the worse ideas the franchise has had).

TOTAL OWNAGE, NOOB!

Except that he really NEEDS to be a leader-class toy, as one of three bots in the entire show that were actually taken by the Headmaster(making that a leader-class gimmick was one of the worse ideas the franchise has had).

TOTAL OWNAGE, NOOB!

Of course, the same would be said about Starscream, as his body was taken over by Headmaster on Season 3.