Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

I've not seen the two most recent episodes so what's new on "Sarah Connor Kitchen Dining Room, Southern California Warehouse Chronicles"?

Weaksauce....

There's an episode guide here that covers everything:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Termi...nicles_episodes

(In addition to the "Terminator Wedding Chronicles" show, I'd love to see the "Terminator Waits In A Warehouse With Super Alloy Bars In Anticipation Of Judgement Day" show. 22 episodes of a guy just staring at a wall, every season.)

There's an episode guide here that covers everything:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Termi...nicles_episodes

(In addition to the "Terminator Wedding Chronicles" show, I'd love to see the "Terminator Waits In A Warehouse With Super Alloy Bars In Anticipation Of Judgement Day" show. 22 episodes of a guy just staring at a wall, every season.)

great idea for a running gag. At the end of every episode as the production bumper, a quick shot of the terminator standing there, looking pensive and wistful.

I'm betting that Cromartie let Agent Ellison live because he has something to do with the creation of skynet. Alternatively, he analyzed the situation and found the threat factor to be 0%, like in the first episode when he passed the police to get into the bank. Ellison was at "brown trousers" moment.

I thought it was always that the T-800 series is the endoskeleton designation, and "model 101" is the outer appearance that looks like Arnold teh governator. So Cromartie would be a T-888 model-???, as that other one that Cameron destroyed was a T-888 model-??? (not the same as Cromartie).

i was under the impression that the chassis model number was 800, and the skin was 101.

ie: "the 600 series had rubber skin, easy to spot..."

so it's T-800 series, using a 101 pattern face. in the Governator's case,

which means, Cromarite (was) using an 888 pattern face. maybe.

does any of that make sense? :lol:

Makes no sense that every single person in the FBI raid was dealt with swiftly EXCEPT for Ellison, not to mention he had the files Kester was looking for. The least Kester could have done is ask where the files are before it goes Jack Bauer on him.

Pretty sure they're setting him up as an unwitting co-creator of Skynet, after taking forever to switch him over from being an unbeliever.

The first two movies contradict themselves with the model numbers, and additional bonus material on the DVDs even contradicts the movies. It's messy, and it's all for the sake of trademarks, but what are you gonna do?

No. The first movie refers to Ah-nuhld as both an "800 series" and a "Cyberdyne Systems Model 101." In T2 the Arnoldnator refers to himself again as a Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 (when he tells John his meeshun ees to proteckt you.) So it's obvious that the full nomenclature includes both, a series # and a model #.

Ah, here we go:

In the T2 commentary, Cameron states that the Model 101s all look like Schwarzenegger, with a 102 looking like someone else, leading to speculation that the 101 refers to the physical appearance while the 800 refers to the endoskeleton common to many models.
Edited by bsu legato

If you're going to serve up copypasta from Wikipedia, at least give us the full-sized portion:

The end credits of all three Terminator films list Schwarzenegger's character as simply "The Terminator". Later films call the newer terminator characters by their model numbers (T-1000, T-X, etc.). The only consistent name for Schwarzenegger's Terminator character has been "The Terminator". Kyle Reese in The Terminator and Schwarzenegger's character in Terminator 2 refer to it as a "Cyberdyne Systems Model 101", and in Terminator 3, the Terminator refers to himself as a "T-101".

However, other sources contradict this designation. On the T2 Extreme Edition DVD, he is referred to as an 800 series and a T-800.[3] The T3 extras refer to him as an "850 series Model 101", a "T-850", and a "T-101".

In the T2 commentary, Cameron states that the Model 101s all look like Schwarzenegger, with a 102 looking like someone else, leading to speculation that the 101 refers to the physical appearance while the 800 refers to the endoskeleton common to many models. A scene deleted from the theatrical cut, but restored in the Terminator 2 Special Edition, lends the most credence to this explanation. In this scene, John and Sarah shut down The Terminator for modification according to his instructions. When he reboots, the upper-left of his HUD reads "Cyberdyne Systems Series 800 Model 101 Version 2.4".

Full entry here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_%28character%29

there you have it, they're all T-800's. officially designated as:

"Cyberdyne Systems Series 800 Model 101 Version 2.4".

so Cromartie would be "Cyberdyne Systems Series 800 Model 888 Version ?"

(possibly version 2.4 too, assuming Skynet sent out terminators at the same time or in large groups.)

we can blame the confusion with the names on T3, which didn't know what the hell it was talking about :lol:

which brings me to this question...

was there enough of a significant development in tech that Skynet was able to manufacture "odd" terminator prototypes like Cameron?

logically, after the 800 series, there had to be a 900 series before the T-1000. is Cameron a T-900 ?

plus it's weird that 888 couldn't identify Cameron, while good ol' 101 knew all about the T-1000.

gweschuns... gweschuns...

Terrific. Still doesn't show any "conflict" between the first two movies nomenclature, however. T3 is another matter altogether.

Okay, if I send a terminator back in time to revise my statement will you be happy? ;p

The bit about trademarks and the terminator model/series numbers came from a friend who was discussing licensing with the people producing the new movie.

See this was something I didn't really get about the difference of the T-800 and the T-850. In the video games the T-850 is still an endokeleton but more filled out between the gaps where servos and pistons would normally show....yet in T3, Arnie being a T-850 resembled that of a T-800 model.

As for the T-888, my guess is something like the T-850 model but able to digest food maybe? Better logic system to properly understand and compensate for lack of emotions to better imitate in the near future?

Why do I even bother asking when I'm explaining it myself?

it's possible that these terminators were set to "autonomous mode" before they were sent through time.

they explained it in the deleted "chip reset scene" in T2. ol' 101 becomes 'sociable' after the reset.

so the ones that act like zombies are probably still set on "read-only mode".

...if that makes sense

Huh?

I read that next season, it will be revealed that John Connor isn't actually the same one that leads the resistance in the future, so Derek Reese sets off on a mission to pork every other Sarah Connor in the LA phone book in the hopes that one of the offspring will be the savior of humanity.

Huh?

I read that next season, it will be revealed that John Connor isn't actually the same one that leads the resistance in the future, so Derek Reese sets off on a mission to pork every other Sarah Connor in the LA phone book in the hopes that one of the offspring will be the savior of humanity.

Yeah, and one of the porked Sarah Connors will be played by Tori Spelling, from what I understand. Luke Perry has also been cast as the special terminator that'll be hunting them down.

I don't think so. Gingaio was pretty serious when he told me.

Yeah, I really don't kid around that much (you should see that post I made in response to Eugimon regarding grammar in that Toynami thread).

Anyway, I was telling Roger about next season, but the truth is, I think there was some miscommunication. The whole "Is he really John Connor" question will be raised, but not answered. And yes, Derek Reese will meet another woman in hopes of impregnating her with a back-up Connor just in case John's not the real one (this kid will be raised and trained like John was). But it's not like Derek is "boinking everyone" (I think Roger, being a chronic masticulator, just got carried away).

But yeah, the writers were huge fans of 90210 in the 90s (this explains why Brian Austin Green is still working). So that's why Tori Spelling (who recently had a comeback with her reality show) and Luke Perry (who hasn't had a comeback...yet) are going to be cast. If you look carefully, some of the furniture from the Peach Pit are scattered throughout Sarah Connor's house and backyard.

Edited by gingaio

Yeah, I really don't kid around that much (you should see that post I made in response to Eugimon regarding grammar in that Toynami thread).

Anyway, I was telling Roger about next season, but the truth is, I think there was some miscommunication. The whole "Is he really John Connor" question will be raised, but not answered. And yes, Derek Reese will meet another woman in hopes of impregnating her with a back-up Connor just in case John's not the real one (this kid will be raised and trained like John was). But it's not like Derek is "boinking everyone" (I think Roger, being a chronic masticulator, just got carried away).

But yeah, the writers were huge fans of 90210 in the 90s (this explains why Brian Austin Green is still working). So that's why Tori Spelling (who recently had a comeback with her reality show) and Luke Perry (who hasn't had a comeback...yet) are going to be cast. If you look carefully, some of the furniture from the Peach Pit are scattered throughout Sarah Connor's house and backyard.

you got a PM, I didn't realize you had responded back to me on that conversation and I think you're confusing an implication, something the writer suggests and assumption, something the reader brings.

you got a PM, I didn't realize you had responded back to me on that conversation and I think you're confusing an implication, something the writer suggests and assumption, something the reader brings.

I think you're assuming those two things (implication/assumptions or inferences) are mutually exclusive and cut-and-dry. They aren't. If they were, there would be no need for scholarly debate in anything humanities-related.

I think you're assuming those two things (implication/assumptions or inferences) are mutually exclusive and cut-and-dry. They aren't. If they were, there would be no need for scholarly debate in anything humanities-related.

One means suggested and one means to be taken for granted without proof. One is done by the reader/listener, the other done by the author/speaker. You can argue whether or not an author or speaker is trying to imply or not, but if you're going to argue that the two things are the same, well, it just shows a lack of distinction on your part.

One means suggested and one means to be taken for granted without proof. One is done by the reader/listener, the other done by the author/speaker. You can argue whether or not an author or speaker is trying to imply or not, but if you're going to argue that the two things are the same, well, it just shows a lack of distinction on your part.

That's funny, because the Merriam-Webster dictionary definition of imply is: "To involve or indicate by inference, association, or necessary consequence rather than by direct statement."

Let me ask you something: Say you read Moby Dick and you say, "Moby Dick implies XXX." Is the book alone making the implication, or are you making an inference as to what Moby Dick is implying?

Well, the book is an inanimate object and Melville's dead, so whatever is implied is based on a mutual relationship of what you're inferring and what's printed in the book. That's why I said (pretty much the same thing in my previous post) that these terms are not mutually exclusive and cut-and-dry.

Edited by gingaio

Worst thread ever on MW.

No, that's not true at all. There are far worse theards out there than this one....like "LETS REMAKE MACROSS!" esque type threads, those are the worse. That and close second "WHO LIKES MACROSS 7!?"

No, that's not true at all. There are far worse theards out there than this one....like "LETS REMAKE MACROSS!" esque type threads, those are the worse. That and close second "WHO LIKES MACROSS 7!?"

Personally, I thought the notion of "LETS REMAKE MACROSS 7" was worse than both of those combined.

The TV show and Terminator 3/4 definitely exist in separate continuities. Different sets of producers trying to put their own unique "stamp" on the characters and storylines.

I just view the TV version as what it is. An alternate time line in which the producers do whatever they want and it mattering not one bit to the movies at all!

Shame it's so formula based and rely's on the Time Travel crutch way too much. <_<

Anyone read or seen the Terminator Infinity comic mini series? It's like a 4th alternate timeline only based after 3.

Instead of Kate Brewster and John getting it on for the human resistance, Kate's dead, John's a boozing freaked out pathetic looser until he decides to actually go out there and see what's left. Meanwhile Skynet figures out what it's done by sending the 3 terminators back in time was a huge mistake that's costing it dearly and is sending it's most perfect weapon the T-Infinity back to each time signature and destroying the Terminators before they can actually start their missions.

While doing that it's also trying to destroy the Terminator that just recently got sent to help John become the human resistance leader. Then John falls for a military girl named Tara and that's the end of the series thus far....makes me think "Huh....4th movie will be a rip off of this."

• 3 weeks later...
I call Shinanigans on that. It doesn't make a lick of sense at all when the last few episodes show he is John Conner...so that's gotta be a joke.

I think that the whole series is a joke.

Taksraven

• 2 weeks later...
Good. I didn't think it was the best show but by the end of season 1 it was definitely getting better, imo and I'll be there to find out what happens to River.

Uhmmmm....

wasn't she blown to smithereens in the Season Finale???

:huh: Anyways I'm expecting Season 2 to start from there, and Cameroon will be paying homage to the original Terminator movie by walking out of that car without here outer "human" skin/disguise. :lol: