Macross zero dvd commercial

Murphy

It looks legit, however it is rare for a CM about anime to include live action/actors.

Mind you, given the age of the actor, and his salaryman look, I'm guessing that this was aimed at the kids who saw the first run of SDF:M and have grown up.

I have no inkling if this was a main stream CM or not, however what is note worthy is that on more than a couple dozen occasions, I have heard Macross Zero music clips being used in all manner of TV shows (especially in the all-pervasive Variety Shows.)

EDIT: for those that don't know: I am in Japan, and this post refers to Japan.

Edited by sketchley

"I'm no good." if I'm not mistaken.

Then again, my exposure to Japanese has been limited to anime..

I thought that he was actually criticising the food.

Pretty odd that a Japanese dude would eat sandwiches in what looks like a fairly high class restaurant.

"I'm lost." "I'm at wits end."

Basically he's over stressed, over tired, and in need of a Macross fix to get back to whatever pleasant place Macross takes us.

The restaurant is pretty middle of the road, BTW. It's neither low class (tablecloth) nor high class (piss poor cutlery and plates.) Given the quality of food, and poor lighting, it looks like a high low class, or a low middle class restauarant.

Please also keep in mind that North American food is foreign food. Thus, it is held in the same light as foreign food in your country (Japanese, Korean, Chinese, French, Italian, Mexican, Greek, etc..)

Correction: the more exotic foreign foods in your country.

But sandwiches? :mellow:

Begs the question why didn't he choose Steak Diane, Chicken Parmigana, Lasagne, or Souvalaki?

Look at us. Playing detectives over a cartoon commercial.:p