Sci-Fi Channel to air Macross Plus in June.

June 11th @ 11PM = Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society

June 18th @ 12PM = Macross Plus Episode #1

June 25th @ 12PM = Macross Plus Episode #2

June 11th @ 11PM = Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society

June 18th @ 12PM = Macross Plus Episode #1

June 25th @ 12PM = Macross Plus Episode #2

Are you serious? They're showing anime again?! Aside from Robotech, when the Sci-Fi channel showed anime on Sat. nights way back when...it too helped me get into anime. Well, this gives me an excuse to start watching the Sci-Fi channel again.

Yup. It's been posted on their website for the May and June airings.

Aside from that I have no reason to watch Sci-Fi now that BSG is on hiatus until 2008. (Boo-urns)

Wow! This is great.

You guys know more about licensing issues than I do - does this mean that Zero may be shown as well? Or is that a whole different ballgame?

So far no one (other than HG) has shown any published interest in taking on the the show. Since BigWest would rather choke on an octopus than give HG another of their Macross properties, I doubt we'll see it here in a legitimate Western release anytime soon. Though if I had the cash I would... ;)

Mac+ was brought over unattested originally so now HG can't contest it. If anyone tries to bring over MacZero there's a chance that HG will contest it (now that they're excercising their rights whenever possible) and that would make MacZero a dead property.

Mac+ was brought over unattested originally so now HG can't contest it. If anyone tries to bring over MacZero there's a chance that HG will contest it (now that they're excercising their rights whenever possible) and that would make MacZero a dead property.

Also HG may gripe more over Zero because the design of the Vf0 is much closer to that of the Vf1 that appeared in the original series that they have rights to, then the mecha in plus. If they can complain about their rights being ignored then they probably will.

That's what I'm waiting for personally. I'd love to see what would happen in court since HG let their "rights" laps over the "Macross" name with Mac Plus and Macross II, coupled with the Japanese court awarded intellectual and copyrights to Studio Nue and Big West with respect to the character and mechanical designs, would make for an interesting court case (if the Japanese court gives Studio Nue control over the story of SDFM, then HG may have reason to sweat).

This would be the most opportune time to bring it up considering much of HG's capital is tied up in it's new RT series based on Mospeada and their apparent distancing of themselves from the Macross property (unlike Macek and the "Sentinels" series)..

Hence my comment that if I had the money I would, just to break their claim on the whole franchise... :p

If I had the money I'd go for DYRL. Because I love a challenge. :p

To be sure!! :p

Globe trotting all over the world to track down all the original license holders would not only cost cash, but take a fair bit of time....but definitely worth it.... ;)

coupled with the Japanese court awarded intellectual and copyrights to Studio Nue and Big West with respect to the character and mechanical designs, would make for an interesting court case ...Hence my comment that if I had the money I would, just to break their claim on the whole franchise.

You might have a valid point and a winning case. I wondered why RT.com did not have macross saga cellphone downloads when they came up the the idea last year. The court case in Japan may have been the reason why.

Wow! This is great.

You guys know more about licensing issues than I do - does this mean that Zero may be shown as well? Or is that a whole different ballgame?

We at Macrossworld don't know crap! We're just really good at speculating... but at the end of the day all these opinions don't mean crap cuz there's no one here to say who's right or who's wrong on any account.

Our staff here at MacrossWorld is also grumpy and jaded :):p

Seriously, I was asked to adjust my jovial attitude when sworn in... I had to do it by wearing tighter underwear. Now I grit my teeth everytime I take a step.

• 3 weeks later...

We at Macrossworld don't know crap! We're just really good at speculating... but at the end of the day all these opinions don't mean poo cuz there's no one here to say who's right or who's wrong on any account.

Hey >EXO<,

Can I use this quote in my sig?