OK, got a question...

Zeta Otaku

I'm all for Macross and canon and everything, but has anyone thought of casting a custom YF-1R head for a 1/48 Valk? I'm a Macross purist, don't get me wrong, but the head design is really cool looking.

Ok... I'm gonna run for my life now...

:o

‚¨‘O‚¨ŽE‚·II

j/k

Edited by Ali Sama

Your 30 seconds are up. LYNCH HIM!!! LYNCH THE HERETIC!!! :lol::lol:

I don't personally like that head design, but it's not a bad idea. I'd much rather see people customizing Yamatos and Bandais into those then have them give any support to HG.

I don't personally like that head design, but it's not a bad idea. I'd much rather see people customizing Yamatos and Bandais into those then have them give any support to HG.

Not so much as casting the head but more of modding the 1/48 VF-1A head to be of a YF-1R head. Proportion would be more accurate that way, and IIRC, we do have a few 1/48 Hikaru-1As which were busted up.

After we modded the head, we can cast it.

Personally, I dislike the 1R head design for aesthetic reasons. In simpler English, I find it ugly. :) But it really doesn't hurt to do that and it is rather creative in a way.. as an example of what creativity can do, I can point to the Thunder Hummer. :)

I got some rope here.. anyone in need of rope for a lynching? :)

Hurry Zeta Otaku....hop in my 1/48 Monster and lets get the heck outta here ahahah, i said the same thing in one of the forums and my post got deleted RUN! MAN RUN!

-Jin :D

Too late... but we're not gonna lynch you. What we got are a couple of dresses, some egg beaters and whole bottle of Pine Sol!

:blink::o

Anyway, I don't think I would get the YF-1R if Kawamori designed it. The snippet "rears it's ugly head" never applied to anything so specific before... until now.

I'm all for Macross and canon and everything, but has anyone thought of casting a custom YF-1R head for a 1/48 Valk? I'm a Macross purist, don't get me wrong, but the head design is really cool looking.

Ok... I'm gonna run for my life now...

:o

Can we shoot you instead? :D Anyways, I don't like the head. Just looks... wierd!

it is so sad really.

You are all just so mad that the YF-1R wasn't desinged by Macross people.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You all know you really DO think that head design is bitchin'!!!!!!!!

So instead, all of you trolls do what you do best, which is whine and cry.

You just love saying the opposite of what you really feel when it comes to HG.

Just admit it HG is the future while the rest are old news.

So come aboard and climb on before it's too late.

Remember, Macross is still dying in Japan while in america, Robotech is still taking off.

Sign, why must you troll, and do nothing but cause trouble.

So far this conversation has been more then civilized, with actual ideas (some good, some bad, some just plain weird).

....Robotech is still taking off.

:lol: Really? Where? Name one place where Robotech is taking off.

And as far as the design goes, let's not forget that HG has NEVER had a single original idea come from the half a brain they all share. What did HG really do anyways? Exploit an animation error? Slapped a fugly head on a body that SK designed? You "Robotech Purists" (isn't that an oxymoron?)can have it, I'd rather have a YF-19.

And as far as the design goes, let's not forget that HG has NEVER had a single original idea come from the half a brain they all share. What did HG really do anyways? Exploit an animation error? Slapped a fugly head on a body that SK designed? You "Robotech Purists" (isn't that an oxymoron?)can have it, I'd rather have a YF-19.

Robotech IS taking off!!!!!!!!

It is being TAKEN OFF TV 'cause it is old 80 stuff.

Robotech IS taking off!!!!!!!!

It is being TAKEN OFF TV 'cause it is old 80 stuff.

HAHA :lol::lol:

Just admit it HG is the future while the rest are old news.

So come aboard and climb on before it's too late.

Remember, Macross is still dying in Japan while in america, Robotech is still taking off.

If that was the case why is Yamato making Macross VFs? HG can kiss my... Toynami as well. All the hype about MPCs. Yamato makes wonderful 1/48s. :)

Might as well point out that the MPC VF-1 line is not doing well, sure enough people are buying it to the point that it hasn't been utterly canceled, but there is alot of back stock and the average price drop is to 30, while people are still more than willing to shell out over 120 for the 1/48. Superior toys, superior title. I don't get robotech fans, I don't mind that you like it, what I mind is your lack of respect for the source material.

Comparing the MPC to the 1/48 is like comparing that POS matchbox veritech to a 1/55 taka

Edited by SuperOstrich

I thought we all went to the same rehearsal, Tom:

It's:

Angry mob: Burn the heretic! Burh him!

Heretic: But how do you know I'm a heretic?

AM: Well, he's dressed as one!

My copy got burned (overzealous rehearsing), but I'm sure a duck is involved somewhere :p

Seriously, As a design, it ain't half bad, but it's still an AnimeFriend mistake. That's like immortalizing the infamous "switched armbands" continuity error at the end of Star Trek: TMP in an action figure.

I like Robotech but Macross has produced animation sequels over the years as well as many products.(Macross TV, Macross DYRL (Do You Remember Love), Macross Flashback 2012, Macross Plus, Macross II, Macross 7, Macross 7 Encore, Macross 7 The Movie, Macross 7 Dynamite and Macross 0. ) Robotech no animation sequels and few prodducts. Macross many video games. Robotech one. Yamoto's selling like hot cakes and MPC's at less than half price stay on shelves. I got my I-Men at 75% off because they sat forever in the store and they wanted to get rid of them to make space.

HG was not doing anything till Yamato wanted to sell the Macross Plus valks in the US. Then we got the MPC which was a Bandai HCM rip off. Let's see if HG can come up with original ideas. Even though I like Robotech but Macross is forever.

Edited by SuperOstrich

With a name like yours and this posting in this thread, it's hard not to think you are deliberately stirring the waters. Normally I won't bother with these threads, but when you said Robotech is taking off, I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

If Robotech is taking off, it must be on one damn long runway.. Macross took off and spawned at least 1 additional TV series and 3 OVAs -- at least -- and if it is dying down now it has at least had transcended its orgins. We've seen proof of improvements, at least.

Robotech? Ever since the initial series there's been nothing but fairly miserable showing. Sentinels, a good concept, flopped; Robotech 3000 is less than impressive. Only recently had HG bring out additional products like Battlecry and the MPC, and only under direct competition. And it has never explored beyond the initial series successfully.

It took them at least 15 years to take off? Long runway man.

HG is what future? For the last 15 or 20 years I have heard nothing of new Robotech series, few extension to the novel lines -- and all of them are non-continuity, AFAIK -- even fewer toys. If HG is the future their track record indicates something substantially less than a bright future..

Maybe Robotech is taking off; if it does that's good. The story had potential and it should deviate from the Macross story. However, for the last 15 years HG just failed to exploit the potential, and with that kind of track record I do not forsee -- but also do not write off the possibility -- that HG can deliver growth to the story.

I know I'm probably talking to a deaf post. Often, people who post like you did simply won't want to listen to a differing opinion. Still, I've done my part..

robotech... macross... As long as the toys produced are cool I really couldn't care. We all know HG sucks not so much for it's toys but for it's non-competitive business practices. This is fact. Hopefully when the alpha MPC is released and HG wants to export it to places of great demand they might lossen the choke hold on valk import to the states. I don't understand why such flaming starts in a thread about toys. As far as I'm concerned the toys have less to do with the cartoon representations than the skill of the manufacturer.

as for the r head... I recieved a super posable in the mail the other day I got dirt cheap and had to admit that the head wasn't that bad. It kinda made me think of something I had planned for a custom using spawn bits. I hate to say it but I probably would pick up a custom 1/55 yf head to use on a jetfire :blink: .

I will say purist crossed a line with the bonehead's comment. Saying both are bad 80's anime is one thing... making a personal attack against people who have different beliefs and value systems is how wars and religions get started. :blink: