Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone

UN Spacy

Yes Boxer,

The Characters of Macross 7 are well aware of the MOVIE "DYRL?".

In the very first episode of M7 you see/hear the Battle 7 Bridge crew comparing Basara's intentions possibly to Minmay "Oh like in that MOVIE" I think the quote is...

Anyway I'm sick to death of Eva (I remember sending hate mate to Gainax years ago :p ), if anything I'm more interested in the live action MOVIE. It's been stalled for like 2 years now, are they holding up development for the new re-imagined anime? (God I hate that term "Re-imagined"... Cause it means lack of originality bullshit)...

Star Dragon, can I ask it that a SOC Dragon Getter on your Avatar? It looks so nice but I don't remember the SOC has such a nice sculpt.

Sorry, slightly off topic :)

A very quick teaser was released a few days ago.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lajKBTO5z-w

Wait, wasn't that the same trailer I saw way back when?

If it isn't, then it must be almost the exact same: text on a black background with the orchistra booting up. Seems to me like everyone's marketing on the hype the (Kanji) name EVANGELION has alone.

As in, "Hey, it has EVANGELION! in the title! It MUST be good!"

Not going to win over new fans this way, unless said fans were also fans of mysterious, ambiguous, advertisements. *Shrugs*

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know if/when this is getting a theatrical release in the US? B))

If there is a theatrical release I'm figuring it'll be a very limited run.

BUT I hope I'm VERY wrong and this gets a Miyazaki type release all over the US.

If there is a theatrical release I'm figuring it'll be a very limited run.

BUT I hope I'm VERY wrong and this gets a Miyazaki type release all over the US.

Miyazaki has Disney behind him in the US. I doubt this would get a wide release.

I'd seriously doubt a theatrical release. Though the upcing R2 Evangelion box set has listed amongst its extra features footage of the "upcoming" live action Eva movie, so that thing may not have completely died yet.

I am REALLY excited about this. Thankyou UN Spacy!

I love this song also, this song was meant for Eva.

I only wish Macross has a dark feel like the new Eva movies has... music is so important.

I want a scary Macross series!

And have emo spineless kid pilot in the seat of a valkyrie? PLEASE NO! :angry:

I'd seriously doubt a theatrical release. Though the upcing R2 Evangelion box set has listed amongst its extra features footage of the "upcoming" live action Eva movie, so that thing may not have completely died yet.

I think with the tremendous success of the transformers movie, the EVA project will get a lot more steam behind it now. Which I'm all for. I think WETA would do a spectacular job of animating EVA stomping around and wrecking havoc.

I really would like to see WETA continue with the Real Live movie. Hopefully, they won't turn the Evas into giant lizards and not westernized the main characters (but these are big ask within the Hollywood culture)

And have emo spineless kid pilot in the seat of a valkyrie? PLEASE NO! :angry:

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! God no. lol

I just like the feel that Eva has. End of the world kind of stuff.

I feel like Macross hasn't touched or gone deep enough to make me feel like Eva does.

Except in the tv series when Zentran blow the crap out of the Earth's surface... ohh yeah and DYRL? scenes where

Misa and Hik are on Earth all alone, that was a dark feeling. And i LIKED IT! :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I think with the tremendous success of the transformers movie, the EVA project will get a lot more steam behind it now. Which I'm all for. I think WETA would do a spectacular job of animating EVA stomping around and wrecking havoc.

Yus, if they can do Transformers, they can DO Macross... Eva... ANYTHING!

There are some cool toys coming out for this remake and the HCM Pro looks like it'll have the best ones.

http://www.toyskingdom.com.hk/forum/viewth...;extra=page%3D1

I am almost ecstatic that Eva 01 is coming with a full blown Tokyo 3 weapons tower, not to mention AT fields.

So it looks like the finale of rebuild 1 will be the sniper shoot-out, I'm actually looking forward to seeing that re-animated.

I was looking at these yesterday and I also noticed that Revoltech was releasing the Rebuild Eva's as well. I'm a relative newbie when it comes to toys and I was wondering which ones would be better to get, the HCM Pro ones or the Revoltech ones. Thanks

Wow!!! The Re-build project is visually stunning and is in wide screen format. May be they should have rebuild all 26 episodes :D

Two things I noticed:

1. The characters looks slightly different to what I remember - I could be wrong but they looked a little softer and more kiddy.

2. Hikaru Utada's "Fly Me To The Moon" sucks

Edited by Mowe

The characters look more like their EoE versions, fuller & rounder. I'm actually surprised Gainax stuck with the same overall style, not dissapointed, but surprised consideirng their current design trends.

Although in watching this again, I can't help but want to see Nadia redone in 4 new shiny movies :)

Ha...ha...may be, but when she start hip-hoping the tune on stage, it gets abit too rich :lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfmHAamNaac...ted&search= .

Actually, I wonder how it will be used in the film, can't see how it fit into the film, maybe it will be used as an ending theme. Anyhow, I think Clare's version is still by far the best EVA Fly Me to the Moon.

By the way, getting back to the film itself, I think Gainax will succeed in blending animation and CG where others have failed. Many CG robot animation looks too much like elaborated computer games (and I dare say the same to Macross Zero, but I love it because I am a Macross fan). I think Gainax has the tech-know-how and the animation artistry to raise animation visual to another level.

There are some beautiful scenes in that trailer that would makes me cry ^_^

you're mad, mad I say! :p

That could be it, a little more rounder. But I wonder why they opt for that? I remember Sadamoto once said that he wanted the characters to look as lean as the Eva beast, and I thought that made alot of senses, now they are just over-weighted eva pilots...ha...ha... :lol: .

The characters look more like their EoE versions, fuller & rounder. I'm actually surprised Gainax stuck with the same overall style, not dissapointed, but surprised consideirng their current design trends.

Although in watching this again, I can't help but want to see Nadia redone in 4 new shiny movies :)

Edited by Mowe

the tokyo 3's battle mode transformation looks awesome!!

I found this while looking for that trailer.

fake live action trailer.....most peeps probably already seen it before.

It's interesting to see 3D animation applied when the animators deliberately attempt to make it a cartoon.

The city transformations were brilliant- but I thought the diamond fortress' flight over the lake was the most impressive display of 3D action.

Also seems that they're reviewing the entire series up to the sniper attack. I wonder if what most of what we saw was a flashback sequence at the beginning of the movie... or if they really are starting all over.