The Gurren Lagann Thread.

OK so I did a google translate and found that the one made by ALTER is the Rittner one is the Bounty Hunter one.

And the other one Yoko Gurren ver. is the kotobukiya one.

Now it looks like amiami.com has the BEST preorder prices.

But can we order from amiami.com from the USA? Does anyone know? Has anyone ordered from them before?

Hello all! New to the site (first post). As a whore for all things mecha/giant robot, let me just say, I also enjoy GL.

And as a whore for all things sexy redheaded women in bikinis with underboob and skimpy shorts with stockings, I also enjoy Yoko.

Now, if only they would do a Super Robot Wars Ultimate game the way I'd want it done, which would include GL (once Konami's rights expire), I'd be happy. ;)

Anyone out there have any probs w/their RT Fraulein Yoko btw? I predered mine last August, got it early this month, and as soon as she came out of the box, her left arm fall off. Joint slide right out of its socket.

And to make it worse, she was my first Fraulein, and I found out only then that the Frauleins don't have standard Revoltech joints. There goes my dream of mixing parts of her w/Black Lagoon's Yoko for Ultimate Gunbabe. What a bummer that toy was.

I didn't get the Revoltech Yoko... there is something about her sculpt that I didn't quite like enough. I got the Konami MMS version and while she's quite fiddly to pose and her hands are too soft to hold her rifle, I like her face sculpt better. She has rubber boobs as well!

Anyone out there have any probs w/their RT Fraulein Yoko btw? I predered mine last August, got it early this month, and as soon as she came out of the box, her left arm fall off. Joint slide right out of its socket.

And to make it worse, she was my first Fraulein, and I found out only then that the Frauleins don't have standard Revoltech joints. There goes my dream of mixing parts of her w/Black Lagoon's Yoko for Ultimate Gunbabe. What a bummer that toy was

First time I've heard of something like that happening. The shoulders on Frauleins can be a bit "loose" - but they need to be to get that more human movement going in that area and make some really good poses possible. However - once you put her in a certain pose - you should be able to fasten every joint securely to keep her in that pose.

But to have an arm just "fall off" - sounds suspect. My Yoko is fine - as are my Tohsaka Rhin, Rei Ayanami, and Asuka Langley.

In any event - welcome to the Forum.

Pete

Some places are already taking preorders for the movie version Yoko Fraulein that comes out in May.

And I got my shipping notice for teacher Yomako today. :D She might actually show up on my birthday, hellz yeah. ^_^

Edited by Letigre

• 2 weeks later...

After inquiring with BBTS about ENKI I received this:

We regret to inform you that the Gurren Lagann Enki Revoltech figure has been canceled for US release. The source of this problem was because of a communication failure between Orginic Hobby (the former distributor for Revoltech) and Kaiyodo (the maker for Revoltech). Organic Hobby had stopped distributing Revoltech prior to the release of the Gurren Lagann Enki action figure but collected orders and informed their retailers, and sub-distributors, including BBTS of a delivery date for these items - so it appeared that BBTS's orders were in place and would be filled. While distribution changes and negotiation where being made with a new Japanese distributor and US distributor, this figure fell through the cracks and the new distributor missed manufacturer order deadlines. We had assumed that Organic would fill our order, and we were never notified that they would not. I'm extremely sorry about the situation, it looks like virtually every other online store that has these listed is suffering from the same situation since all are listed with a March or April arrival date. Future Revoltech items will fill normally now that the new US distributor is in place. We will cancel all orders and remove this item from our website.

Thanks!

Joel Boblit

President

www.BigBadToyStore.com

Good luck finding these now without being raped on the price.

I'd also like to add tha Joel at BBTS has been pretty nice and apoligetic about this...especially since the initial problem wasn't their fault.

Edited by jwinges

Arc-Gurren Lagann and Hyper-Dimension (whatever its called) Gurren Lagann look great, The new yoko sculpt looks awesome until you see the lower back area, that bend looks painful.

Awesome! Thanks for the pics m0n5t3r.

I love the Gurren with Lagann.

yeah, love that too... out of the three, that's the one i want the most... still can't get over the fact that the TTGL, Arc and Chogingga are supposed to be really massive yet just as big (or small) as Revo GL... hope Gurren comes w/ two Laganns, one w/ arms and legs and the other head+drill...

Woah, and also this Banpresto....

the boots killed it for me... lol

... and that waist bend :blink:

i really hope Kaiyodo makes a King Kittan and a Fraulein-dude Kamina fig... ^_^

and what's up with that Figma dude w/ breasts??!?!?!?!? LOL :lol:

really... i missed out on enki... still hoping the late March/early April re-issues come out here in Asia... i thought it was just a Lagann head w/out the helmet that came w/ Enki, didn't know that there was a drill attachment...

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided we should start a Yoko posing contest. Here's my first entry. I was pleasantly surprised to see that under the scarf is the best Revoltech neck that we have gotten to date:

20tkkdu.jpg

Pete

Just finished this series. Wow, just wow. So very very sad.

I mean really you' think I'd learn that Gainax never does completely happy endings, but Jesus.

Still, great show, and I'd love a sequel in 5-10 years set well in the future and have it deal with the Spiral nemesis, all new characters except for Viral and Simon. But that's just me.

Still this show was really filled with awesome "HELL YEAH!" moments, but man it hits you in the gut when you least expect it.