Ace Combat 6:Skies of Liberation for XBOX360!

Don't do the tunnels, then. They're operation C I think. Do A and B, take out the fortress---mission over, tunnel-free. You only have to do the tunnels if you want the "All operations" achievement. Do it later, in free-flight. I think I went with a Rafale, simply because it's smaller than most other planes that can do that mission well. (I miss the Gripen in this game)

Other things: SOD's are very good in this mission, also try rockets. So many enemies so close together. Spam allied attack help---it refills with each operation completed, and you can't save unused ones.

I don't remember what plane I used, maybe the F-15, but whatever I used, I didn't think that mission was too bad. The tunnels were fairly short and straight. I wasn't nearly as bad as the second to last mission in Ace Combat 5.

The best tracks in AC6 are early---mission 1, 2, and 3. After that---meh. Though I do kinda like the children's choir at the end, it's not as cool as the other choirs.

PS--people seem to be confirming what I suspected----online, the points you get are based on what you're flying, and what you shot. Taking out a Mirage with an F-22? Few points. Taking down a F-22 with a Mirage? Lots of points.

I'm going to try a new tactic next time online---fly the Tornado with ECM. Avoid being shot down, as opposed to trying to shoot down everybody else. If nothing else it'll really frustrate all the F-22 and Su-33 users. :) (The Super Hornet seems to be much worse agility-wise than it should be, don't know why---no AMRAAM or QAAM either---if it was better dogfighting I'd fight with that with ECM---but the Tornado's high defense is a huge benefit online)

Yea they shafted the Super Bug pretty bad on this one. It was a lot better in 5/0. The SAAM is a great weapon in the game, but the AMRAAM should be available for the Super Bug too, as well as the QAAM, to mimic the actual weapons the Bug can carry in reality.

I really wish the Project Aces team payed closer attention to the stats of each plane compared to their real life counterparts. i like the stats for the F-14D. F-15E, SU-33(FINALLY an enemy squad ace plane that is not on steroids), Typhoon, and Mirage, but very dissapointed with the stats for the F-16C and Super Bug.

The Scarface F-16 is a nice compromise, we can just call it the J79 prototype with F110 afterburner nozzle. :rolleyes: Also Namco incorrectly labeled the AC2 F-16 as having more mobility, it has the same mobility as the regular F-16 but higher stability.

For some odd reason, the US version of Ace Combat 3 axed and butchered most of the original story from the Japanese game. Don't know why

I don't either. I was on a roll with AC2, and looked forward to 3, only to say "wait thats it? This is boring". Much much later I would find out how much we missed out on, and realized, it was one of those games that "could have been".

To elaborate more on AC6 on 360, considering the hype, the fact that it was on a system clearly superior to Ps2 with more memory capacity, the ability to finally go online, and much more, there was no reason for it not to be the best Ac in the series.

I did read elsewhere about other planes. Some players think it was Microsoft's decision to limit the in playable planes to 15, so that they could make other planes available for purchase via gamer points only.

I wouldn't mind paying for an expansion pack later on with a LOT more planes, a couple more missions and music, and more maps for free mission and multiplayer. Hey Halo's got it, so can we.

The Su-33 may not officially have uber-stats, but it still "breaks the law" when the CPU is flying---the Strigon ones can run away from you at Mach 10, and do Kulbits all day long. Same for the CFA-44---I have seen it do "anything it wants".

F-16 is gimped, and it shouldn't be. Also, they made the F-2A way too good, weapon-wise. That's expected though, it's Japan's plane in a Japanese game. Doesn't handle as well as the regular F-16 IMHO. No idea how the real one compares.

I think the Super Hornet and F-2 should have their weapons switched.

I did read elsewhere about other planes. Some players think it was Microsoft's decision to limit the in playable planes to 15, so that they could make other planes available for purchase via gamer points only.

If that is true about 15 Planes and may have to buy more ...

I just lost my interest in AC6 entirely. :blink:

Edited by altermodes

Love the game, though I HATE the lil drones. They fly in crazy apeshit circles and the only way I can kill em easily is to either have my wingman kill em or use the special weapon that acts like the AIM-9X

Honestly, if the F-2 could equip rockets it'd be the only plane I'd ever use. Not because it rocks but because it looks cool :p

A lil OT, but an F-2 just went up in smoke in Japan...apparently had a fire during take-off *sniff*

This is really disappointing to hear. AC6 was going to be one of the first 360 games I purchased. Hearing this, I am glad I haven't picked it up. I just finished AC5 last night. I loved that game. I need to get the Falken though....

Rent it first. Despite my criticisms, I would rather play 6 than 5. 5 has the superior storyline, music, and more planes, but its replay system sucks compared to 6. Also you cannot land and rearm much in 5, unlike in 6. 6 also has online multiplayer, better stats for most planes, and great graphics. Give it a shot and rent it first.

Rent it first. Despite my criticisms, I would rather play 6 than 5. 5 has the superior storyline, music, and more planes, but its replay system sucks compared to 6. Also you cannot land and rearm much in 5, unlike in 6. 6 also has online multiplayer, better stats for most planes, and great graphics. Give it a shot and rent it first.

I've started to do that with the PS2 stuff. I just don't have that kind of cast to blow on games.

I do see a lot of those, and they do quite well. I still go with the F-15E. Incredible raw speed and power, and 6 AMRAAMs. And a good defense rating----not an A-10/Tornado, but better than a lot. Long-range missiles suffer from the same problem as the last few games---you have to fire from SO far away to take advantage of them, that you pretty much only get one chance, then you're in the merge and have to go for guns. Plus they don't seem as agile as medium-range. (Which is/should be true)

F-14 doesn't do as well in this game it seems---SAAM is great off-line in missions due to "super homing", but in a melee against a lot of other people moving crazily---I've only seen one kill with it. (Someone got me)

I do see a lot of those, and they do quite well. I still go with the F-15E. Incredible raw speed and power, and 6 AMRAAMs. And a good defense rating----not an A-10/Tornado, but better than a lot. Long-range missiles suffer from the same problem as the last few games---you have to fire from SO far away to take advantage of them, that you pretty much only get one chance, then you're in the merge and have to go for guns. Plus they don't seem as agile as medium-range. (Which is/should be true)

F-14 doesn't do as well in this game it seems---SAAM is great off-line in missions due to "super homing", but in a melee against a lot of other people moving crazily---I've only seen one kill with it. (Someone got me)

This true, the XMAA is a lot more manueverable than the XLAA in the game, it mentions it in the weapon descriptions, its a trade off, more range but less manueverability.

SAAM is not good online. The best way to use it, is to go extremely slow, fire 2 from far away at a target in a furball, and hope he isn't paying attention. XLAA is the best for the F-14 online. SAAM and QAAM, as much as people spam the hell out of the latter, aren't that great online.

The best A2A weapon I have seen online is the XMAA.

Which is as it should be....Mwa Ha Ha Ha.

As much as I like the Ace Combat series, I've got no plans to buy a 360 just for this game. Still happy with my PS2.

Graham

Actually, its one of the best for A2A, but for A2G, all it has is the RCL. If it had the SOD, SFFS, or GBL it would be one of the best all around planes. Maybe this time around they were going for the "tranche 1" version, only with actual bullets instead of ballast.

Son of a....

This explains why NOBODY has any of the 30+ wins for any category, and why I don't have my 200+ kills achievement:

IT DOESN'T AUTOSAVE ONLINE STATS. So if you kill 75 people, end the game, and turn off the console---then kill 30 more the next day---it says your total is 30, not 105. I got 100 kills because I played for 3 hours straight. Man, I would have my 200 kills, and 30 team wins by now if it remembered cumulative. Save manually after you're done online.

Also, winning a free-for-all is tough---and I had 2, but now I know it didn't save them. (30+ will never happen on that, I plan to get 10 and stop)

This is really disappointing to hear. AC6 was going to be one of the first 360 games I purchased. Hearing this, I am glad I haven't picked it up. I just finished AC5 last night. I loved that game. I need to get the Falken though....

I would get this game strictly for the online play. I'd love to partner up with Dave and some of you guys and take to the skies. I just bought an HD for my system, so I'm slowly moving into online-status...

Edited by myk

Son of a....

This explains why NOBODY has any of the 30+ wins for any category, and why I don't have my 200+ kills achievement:

IT DOESN'T AUTOSAVE ONLINE STATS. So if you kill 75 people, end the game, and turn off the console---then kill 30 more the next day---it says your total is 30, not 105. I got 100 kills because I played for 3 hours straight. Man, I would have my 200 kills, and 30 team wins by now if it remembered cumulative. Save manually after you're done online.

Also, winning a free-for-all is tough---and I had 2, but now I know it didn't save them. (30+ will never happen on that, I plan to get 10 and stop)

Thanks for mentioning that. At least I hadn't racked up too many kills at this point.

Son of a....

$%^&!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it. They can save leaderboard rankings all over the world but not stats, this is irritating.

Well, I'm going to be online a lot tonight, trying to get what the game "owes" me, achievement-wise. Probably be hosting, as no one ever sets up decent matches (it is SO easy to ban the use of the CFA-44 without affecting ANYTHING else, yet people don't ban it then bitch when someone uses it)

Gamertag: Xenogears Id. Will be flying a white F-15E.

PS--don't worry, it'll probably rank me as "red" for host suitability. But my connection is rock solid with no variation, I've never had any issues hosting. As opposed to last night, where a bunch of people rated yellow had problems all the time--half my matches ended early due to host failure. (AC6 rates few people as having good enough connections to rate "green")

Well, I'm going to be online a lot tonight, trying to get what the game "owes" me, achievement-wise. Probably be hosting, as no one ever sets up decent matches (it is SO easy to ban the use of the CFA-44 without affecting ANYTHING else, yet people don't ban it then batty when someone uses it)

Gamertag: Xenogears Id. Will be flying a white F-15E.

PS--don't worry, it'll probably rank me as "red" for host suitability. But my connection is rock solid with no variation, I've never had any issues hosting. As opposed to last night, where a bunch of people rated yellow had problems all the time--half my matches ended early due to host failure. (AC6 rates few people as having good enough connections to rate "green")

How do you ban use of certain planes? How can you tell if your plane is level 2 or 3? Also, some of the CFA-44 users are very easy to shoot down. They get too caught up trying to spam their SP weapon and forget someone is trying to take them out ASAP.

Is the white F-15E the SP scheme? Anyone here get the color schemes off of marketplace aside the Scarface F-16? I am debating getting the Halloween Tomcat.

White F-15E is SP. CFA-44's ARE fun to shoot down--I think I *gunned* one down yesterday---they're worth double points, and few people can aim the EML well, so I usually like when there's *one* around. (A ton is bad) Also, the CFA-44 STOPS in mid-air when pulling high-G's. Even if you only do it for like 2 secs, and engage full burner at 350kts---you'll still continue to decelerate and fall like a rock until you hit 0kts. It's just they way it is. So watch for it and nail them. :) (If you have like 500+ kts left when you stop the high-G turn, you should be able to pull out of it with like 150kts remaining----but with the rate at which airspeed it lost, that's like 1 sec of turning---but that's really all you need with its turn rate). The CFA-44 is basically the opposite of the F-15E----very short duration, high-rate turns. The F-15E can hold the turn longer than any other plane, but doesn't turn as tight.

To ban the CFA-44, just set the plane limit to "Level 3". That allows all but the CFA-44. Level 1 is F-16 and Mirage. Level 2 is up to and including Su-33. Level 3 goes up to and including F-22. (about half the planes in the game are level 3---not many are level 2)

Sigh, with probably 25+ "wins" lost due to the game not auto-saving, I'm ONLY playing 5 min matches now. Otherwise it'd take a week or two to get back my wins. Tonight didn't go well.

Decided on getting the Halloween Tomcat over the AC2 Falcon. The AC2 Falcon has no SP weapons, and thats to your disadvantage on multiplayer, so I decided to hold off. I do like AC2 a lot, so eventually I will get that falcon.

In favor of stealth they shafted the Halloween Tomcat too much. I don't mind the minimal decrease in mobility and speed, but the SP weapon count is small compared to the regular Tomcat. I do like the look. Instead of Navy being printed on the sides of the engines, one side says trick, the other says treat. There is also a "sharkmouth".

I'm not planning on getting the ACTIVE stripes for the Strike Eagle. For a download like that, they should have included canards and thrust vectoring engines.

Still hoping the F-5 family, X-02, and XFA-27 eventually become available on marketplace.

After messing with it more, the Halloween Tomcat is definitely not good online. They only give you 16XLAA to use, whereas the regular F-14D can use 40. If the armnament amounts were the same, I would not be complaining. The AC2 Falcon's stability might be to its advantage online, as the regular F-16 in the game can still rather quick. Of all the planes available on marketplace(I only have the jackocat and Scarfalcon), the ACTIVE striped F-15E would seem best for online.

Also, there are some nifty players using the F-117, who know what they are doing.

Heres to hoping we get "fixed" F/A-18F, Mirage, and F-16.

The release of Ace Combat 6 in Japan has meant an upsurge in X-Box 360 sales there - in fact, it actually sold more (by a few dozen) then the PS3 during the week of AC6s release!

when I read this, I ran to my window to see if the feral cats in my neighborhood were hanging out with the neighbor's dogs... but they weren't, so I think we're still safe as I didn't notice the dead rising from their graves either.

I heard the "flightstick" faceplate was an F-22, but here's a pic--it's another (better) F-15:

http://hidef.com/images/media/news_images/...faceplate-2.jpg

I want that one!

Yep thats the one. I've also found the best way to nail SU-47's online is to wait till they abuse the High-G, stall out, and fall like a rock out of the sky. Guns kill guns kill! ^_^

Ehh, I rarely see the Su-47's "stop". My current main issue seems to be "armored" F-22's. Multiple hits, yet they still have 3/4 life... And they seem stealthier than F-117's----they can not even move, yet avoid missiles...

My fave moments are still taking out the ENTIRE other team (3 on 3, and all 6 of my XMA's hit) and gunning down CFA's. (I used one for the first time online tonight--not worth it. You get so few points for killing people with it, and they get so many for taking you down it's harder to win with)

All right, I need people to play the Co-Op missions with. Nobody ever seems to play them online, but they're easy achievements. Co-Op 1 can be done with 2 people I think (I did it with 3), but there's no way just 2 can beat Co-Op 2. It took me days of trying to find people to do both Co-Ops with. My brother wants to get the achievement points, but I alone can't help him do it. So if anyone wants to earn some easy achievment points in the Co-Op missions, we need to set up a time to meet-up online in the next couple of days. 3 people will help Co-Op 1 be easier, but it takes 4 for Co-Op 2. My brother and I will count for 2 slots.