1/60 VF-2ss Yamato...

Versatile 1A

Would be a very nice piece don't you think? I think it'll expand Yamato out some. As Yamato is always hearing or doing main series lines.

Me personally would like to see it first released with non-fast pack. Then buying that later on. You don't see a VF-2ss non-FP besides I think a local resin kit. I've had 3 or more 1/100 Bandai models, they might of been 1/72, don't remember! Comes from buying and selling. I had 2 shown over at Macross Factory, btw what happed to MF? Anyone snag some of the pics? I want that slick VF-1D 1/72 Bandai kit someone manage to pull of perfect.

Edited by Versatile 1A

Yeah, that would be nice, but we all know the chances of that happen are slim.

Everytime I see this topic, I always hope the first post reads: "Yamato confirms a new line of VF-2ss" :(

Since the VF2SS was a Bandai model how difficult would that be to reverse engineer the toy just with heavier plastics? There was a resin conversion kit to build it without the SAP fast packs.

For those that have both the toy and model versions of VF-19 Fire and VF-19S is that what Bandai did?

I only have the 1/100 Fire and the VF-17 toys and both seem like good designs.

Not tying to start an Yamato Bandai debate but perhaps we should ask Bandai to make the VF2SS.

Somebody please make the VF2SS :(

Not tying to start an Yamato Bandai debate but perhaps we should ask Bandai to make the VF2SS.

Edited by Mowe

Yes, I think we have a significant number that are motioning support for this idea!!!

Will the powers that be please release a Macross II VF 2SS transformable toy!

:lol:

Hahhaa...adults playing with toys is just...weird. But I can see how one would like to keep something like the VF 2SS on display. I guess it's visual appeal comes down to it's gorgeous aesthetics.

Please please please listen to us Yamato!

Edited by Ultra Leader

It would have been cool if Bandai made more 1/100 scale transformable models from Macross II. In fact a larger toy version would be cool too.

Edited by sh002

What in the name of-quickly someone gag Graham and Batou! :angry:

We have to 'will' it to happen!!! Somehow if we can all 'will' the...will enough it will happen!!!!

VF 2SS!!!! Yes please! :lol:

Yeah!!! Go Valhary. I agree!!! After looking at all the other 'various' VF designs...I think the VF 2SS is the prettiest!!

Not sure what can match it when it's in Fighter Mode...so pretty.

meh_cd!!!! Heresy! Looks nothing like them!!! Nothing like them at all!!! Well sure the VF 1 may have influenced the design...seeing that it IS the pre-cursor to all VF's. Wasn't the VF 2SS designed waaaaay back in 1992??? Or abit earlier? VF 0???? The designer warped 10 - 13 years into the future then 'incorporated' elements of the VF 0 into the VF 2SS! VF 11???? Umm same scenario maybe not 10 - 13 years though. 4 - 5 years anyone??

I dunno about that... it just looks like a VF-0 mixed with a VF-1 complete with a little VF-11 thrown in for good measure.

Since the VF-2SS was penned (MII predates M+ and M7) before the VF-11, let alone the VF-0, were designed, comparing the Valkyrie II to those VFs as if to imply that it is derivative of them is a very poor argument on the merits of its appearance. If one wanted to get cheeky, it could be said that it is the post M+ VFs that are inspired by the MII Valks... of course, that is not the case, so why imply it the other way around? The resemblance to the VF-1, however, is entirely intentional in the same way that the VF-11, Vf-3000, and VF-5000 also pay homage the the VF-1. The VF-0 is the only VF that is an aesthetic quandary... it is pre-VF-1, yet looks far more modern.

Ooh... :o

Wouldn't like to get mechaniac's bad side.

Ne! Let's forget the Minmay Guard and form up a VF 2SS Guard ok!?

*Drags mechaniac along too* ...what will our paint scheme be like?...

Macross World Forums manufacturer lurkers/special investigative agents/other!

You've heard our pleas and prayers!!! Please grant us salvation and deliverance!

...or just deliver some VF 2SS's and we'll call it a deal! :lol:

The OVA itself might be crap but I really like the sleekness of the VF-2SS looks sleek, it is a nice variant of the original VF-1. I reckon had it been approved by the master himself, more people would like it.

And I agree with mechaninac, you have to remember that VF-2SS was done prior of many other SK designs - not a bad effort considering it was also done a long time ago.

Since the VF-2SS was penned (MII predates M+ and M7) before the VF-11, let alone the VF-0, were designed, comparing the Valkyrie II to those VFs as if to imply that it is derivative of them is a very poor argument on the merits of its appearance. If one wanted to get cheeky, it could be said that it is the post M+ VFs that are inspired by the MII Valks... of course, that is not the case, so why imply it the other way around? The resemblance to the VF-1, however, is entirely intentional in the same way that the VF-11, Vf-3000, and VF-5000 also pay homage the the VF-1. The VF-0 is the only VF that is an aesthetic quandary... it is pre-VF-1, yet looks far more modern.

Jesus Christ, you people need to calm down. I didn't mean that it took its influences from those Valks... I meant that it looks like a conglomeration of those three after the fact.

Updated VF-1 look --> VF-0

Folded down cockpit/nose, fastpacks, slimmer physique --> VF-11

Did you honestly think that I didn't know that M2 came before M+, much less Zero?

It wasn't even an argument, it was an observation in response to the guy who said it looked like the best Valk. :rolleyes:

As for the guy who tried to be cute and brought time travel into the picture: haha. :rolleyes:

Edited by meh_cd

We know, this is more like another wishful thinking thread. Beside, it doesn't have to be from Yamato, I think most of the VF-2SS fans will be happy to buy from anyone as long as it is a decent looking toy. :)

LOL. Graham already said HELL NO....but then again he also said Yamato would NEVER release a VF-0A in Shin colors.

Jesus Christ, you people need to calm down. I didn't mean that it took its influences from those Valks... I meant that it looks like a conglomeration of those three after the fact.

Updated VF-1 look --> VF-0

Folded down cockpit/nose, fastpacks, slimmer physique --> VF-11

Did you honestly think that I didn't know that M2 came before M+, much less Zero?

It wasn't even an argument, it was an observation in response to the guy who said it looked like the best Valk. :rolleyes:

As for the guy who tried to be cute and brought time travel into the picture: haha. :rolleyes:

Ahh it's all crystal clear now, no misunderstandings! The inquisition has found that you are in fact not guilty of heresy!!

Your comments however have strained the tolerance of the devoted masses! You must therefore make good your claims and swear fealty to the VF 2SS Guard!!! :lol:

Wait...Yamato isn't the only one with the Macross license??? There are other gods that we can grovel unto and send our prayers to???!!!!

Ohh the powers that be-please make VF 2SS toys...have mercy upon our wretched souls. :(

...problem detected, errors must be corrected. Not guy! Not all Anime/VF fans are guys! :o

Toynami is the only realistic hope for Macross II toys. They probably wouldn't be able to make the Icarus and Metal Siren, but they do have the Bandai VF-2SS variable model to copy off of. It would require some modifications since the model's wings are molded in one piece, but most of the legwork would already be done for Toynami.

Even if it were less than average, I'd probably buy one since there is no alternative. At 1/100 scale, the VF-2SS could easily fit in with their 1/100 VF-1's. Once they work out the kinks in 1/100 scale, they could then move up to 1/55 or 1/60 :)

Edited by TheLoneWolf

LOL. Graham already said HELL NO....but then again he also said Yamato would NEVER release a VF-0A in Shin colors.

IIRC Graham didn't say Yamato would never release the Shin 0A. Kawamori just stated that Shin's custom paint scheme was an animation mistake and he should have flown a regular CF. That's why Yamato released the CF paintscheme second after Roy's VF-0S instead of a Shin VF-0A. With Yamato owning the rights to the Mac Zero license they can release any paintscheme they want to, so if they release a Shin paintscheme and Kawamori calls it non canon, who cares? We get a Shin paintscheme and Yamato makes more money.

Just my two cents.

As for the VF-2SS, although I'd love to have one,.. like Graham said, It'll never happen. Not from Yamato anyway.

...snip...

As for the VF-2SS, although I'd love to have one,.. like Graham said, It'll never happen. Not from Yamato anyway.

It doesn't need to be from Yamato. Any other company could do it, as long as it does break in half after the first tranformation.

Even if it were less than average, I'd probably buy one since there is no alternative. At 1/100 scale, the VF-2SS could easily fit in with their 1/100 VF-1's. Once they work out the kinks in 1/100 scale, they could then move up to 1/55 or 1/60

Same for me. Toynami did do Macross 1/100s after all. (not robobtech 1/100) So they would be able to aim them at the non-japan fans of macross II. But sadly unless people show some interest in the vf-1s at 1/100 (and I don't think the robotech crowds gives a poo about these) we'd be lucky to see destroid and fast packs let alone some new macross II 1/100 perfect variable toys.

One the the reasons I think it was good for them to go small scale and non-masterpiece, is because knowing thier limits, if they screw it up the loss isn't going to be so big. They are cheap and affordable. But it seems everyone wants masterpiece grade of details, even if toynami may not be able to deliver the sturdiness for it to be worth paying full price. *sigh* (and yes I realise people still think 1/100 are a rip off, but my point still stands that it is affordable to someone who, although they would like a masterpiece toy, just can't afford it and wants something to hold in their hand to play with. )

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker