Robotech 3000/2004 piece of crap!

91WhiskeyM6

Finally saw that Quick Time clip of "Robotech 3000" and I would have to say that it's terrible! Non-transforming mechas(Mechwarriors wannabe) with annoying screaming teeny bopper characters "help" "help!"...yuck! Everybody says that Robotech II : The Sentinels was terrible, but I like it more than this CG crap. Atleast Sentinels was hand drawn by real artist! Screw CG!

Just make sure you separate RT 3000 from whatever is being planned for 2004. RT 3000 was scrapped a couple years ago after that trailer was booed off the stage when it was presented. (And yes, it did suck.) We haven't seen anything for RT 2004 yet.

Considering Robotech 3000 was Harmony Gold most creative work (I don't count the orginal Robotech since all it is a hack job of SDF Macross, Mospedia, and Southern Cross), I sure hope HG has it's act together befire the trot out their lastest project.

Uh if this turns out to be another "I hate HG" thread, than take it to the pinned thread above : / Robotech 3K was a scrapped project from the Voltron and Reboot season 2 era...nothing more other than that. What do you expect anyways? The show was pased 955 years after Next Generation, its nice that they tried though.

actually, I imagine it did take real, professional artists to put together the sentinels show.

Just because you see "robotech," and have a knee-jerk reaction doesn't mean anything with the name is crap.

The Sentinels scene with the Invid destroying Tirol always seemed alright to me.

Overall some of the concepts were lame, and the animation wasn't all great, but the artists deserve their due...they are the Sentinels saving grace.

Finally saw that Quick Time clip of "Robotech 3000" and I would have to say that it's terrible! Non-transforming mechas(Mechwarriors wannabe) with annoying screaming teeny bopper characters "help" "help!"...yuck! Everybody says that Robotech II : The Sentinels was terrible, but I like it more than this CG crap. Atleast Sentinels was hand drawn by real artist! Screw CG!

Yeah, after seeing that clip a couple of weeks ago for the first time, I was very dissapointed. Specially with Macross Zero out.

Atleast Sentinels was hand drawn by real artist! Screw CG!

Uhhh...I wouldn't associate the words "real artists" with Sentinels at all. That's just a complete oxymoron like "Robotech purist."

Don't embarrass yourself, the designs and animation for The Sentinels were done by the same people that worked on Macross and Southern Cross. Not "Real" artists, huh?

Edited by yellowlightman

Don't embarrass yourself, the designs and animation for The Sentinels were done by the same people that worked on Macross and Southern Cross. Not "Real" artists, huh?

Well... not entirely true.

In Sentinels, anything that was carried over from Macross (mainly the characters) had to be redesigned "in-house" by Tatsunoko, since they don't have the rights to any of the designs.

I don't think anyone involved with the designs for Macross were involved with Sentinels.

The same people being involved with the animation, yes. But not the designs.

Edited by the white drew carey

It is crap!

After watching DYRL, Macross Plus, Zero, and Seven...not to mention Mospeada on DVD that you still think that bs "Robotech" isn't crap?

Robotech ..errr Harmony Gold = crap!

:ph34r: You're not doing yourself a whole lot of good with posts like these. I can't stand Robotech as much as the next Macross-Purist, and I roundly despise anything Harmony Gold does, statements like this we can do without. Which sounds more intelligent? Let's find out:

Example #1:

"It's crap! I hated it and it smoked the monkey pole!"

Example #2:

"I didn't like this. I think the animation is poor compared to current releases. Likewise I thought the character development was substandard. Hardly worthy of maintaining my interest."

okay, the examples above are literally night-and-day different. What makes example #2 better than #1 isn't the sophistication of the words, it's the fact that there is an explination for why he feels the way he does. You'll come across as far more intelligent if you support WHY you feel the way you do instead of just saying "it's crap!"

Macrossworld already has a bad rap with the folks over at Robotech.com, and while I don't care a fart in a windstorm what they think about us, there are others (AKA those who run this board) who don't need that sort of attention. Just show a little more consideration in your posts from now on, please! ;) B)

It is crap!

After watching DYRL, Macross Plus, Zero, and Seven...not to mention Mospeada on DVD that you still think that bs "Robotech" isn't crap?

Robotech ..errr Harmony Gold = crap!

:ph34r: You're not doing yourself a whole lot of good with posts like these. I can't stand Robotech as much as the next Macross-Purist, and I roundly despise anything Harmony Gold does, statements like this we can do without. Which sounds more intelligent? Let's find out:

Example #1:

"It's crap! I hated it and it smoked the monkey pole!"

Example #2:

"I didn't like this. I think the animation is poor compared to current releases. Likewise I thought the character development was substandard. Hardly worthy of maintaining my interest."

okay, the examples above are literally night-and-day different. What makes example #2 better than #1 isn't the sophistication of the words, it's the fact that there is an explination for why he feels the way he does. You'll come across as far more intelligent if you support WHY you feel the way you do instead of just saying "it's crap!"

Macrossworld already has a bad rap with the folks over at Robotech.com, and while I don't care a fart in a windstorm what they think about us, there are others (AKA those who run this board) who don't need that sort of attention. Just show a little more consideration in your posts from now on, please! ;) B)

I got you to admit your dislike for HG right? and wow, I didn't know you cared about what those Nazi knuckleheads think at Robotech.com despite your excuse not to care.

Enough with the bashing.  There's nothing really constructive in this thread.

And yes, I didn't like RT 3000 either.

Sorry, but the bashing will continue. THEY DESERVE IT!!! That's what purist Valkaholics do! Until they make up for the Sentinel travesty, I will always bash those pigs at HG. Damn oinkers!!!!

Macross forever !!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

Maybe HG should do a Mystery Science Theater 3000 thing to go along with their Robotech 3000. You could have 'veritech' robots and some fanboy forced to watch crappy Robotech spinoffs and make fun of them. Sounds good to me.

OK folks how about this,

Dub voices on all Macross shows and movies. release here in US/Europe/Blah, then lets see the popularity come in. I would love to see DYRL or Macross II in english, LOVE IT. as a mater a fact I havent watched it yet at all. So can a bunch of you guys come over and pic a character, stand behind my couch and ya know, read the prompter ;) Thanks ahead of time :p

Enough with the bashing.  There's nothing really constructive in this thread.

And yes, I didn't like RT 3000 either.

Sorry, but the bashing will continue. THEY DESERVE IT!!! That's what purist Valkaholics do! Until they make up for the Sentinel travesty, I will always bash those pigs at HG. Damn oinkers!!!!

Macross forever !!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

as Skull Leader already mentioned to you earlier while many here agree with your feelings toward Robotech and many more agree with your feelings towards Harmony Gold, it really does none of us any good for you to go around expressing your utter disdain at all things Robotech here every chance you get.

again...

"Robotech sucks donkey ass." - NO

"Robotech was a poorly organized show and I thought it was nowhere near what Macross was in terms of storyline and music quality." - YES

the admin of this site has repeatedly expressed that he does not want to harbor any "Robotech/Macross war" here. please respect his wishes.

I believe there are at least a couple DYRL? dubs too.

I heard that was horrible, it was called like attack of the bubble people or something like that with bad british accents

Clash of the Bionoids, IIRC, which was a heavily edited US release. I also believe there was another dub made to help teach English in Japan. I saw a boot copy of it years ago, which had Japanese subs at the bottom with the English dialog.

I heard that was horrible, it was called like attack of the bubble people or something like that with bad british accents

:lol: "Clash of the Bubble-boys" :lol: That's too funny. What the heck is a Bionoid anyways?

edit: der... Clash, not Attack. Brain must be set to Star Wars today. :p

Macross II is available, dubbed, at most of your major retail DVD stores. (I know you can buy it at Coconut's around the corner from my house) It was put out by Manga. It's considered a "movie" although in reality, it's just all the episodes put on one DVD with opening and closing credits shown at the begining and end (instead of each inbetween each episode) Other than that, it's exactly like the individual episodes. As far as the quality, the video looks fine. The dub script leaves a lot to be desired, but I don't think they had a real "killer" script to start with, so as far as I can tell, they did an alright job.

edit: Submitted by accident before I finished typing

Edited by tom64ss

Clash of the Bionoids, IIRC, which was a heavily edited US release. I also believe there was another dub made to help teach English in Japan. I saw a boot copy of it years ago, which had Japanese subs at the bottom with the English dialog.

Clash was edited heavily, but it was re-released un-edited as Macross the movie... The same dub, no edits... The dub isn't that bad. It is worth watching. The VHS version is available on Amazon.com

I think the term "bionoid" was lifted out of the Guyver series.

Guyver calls them Zoanoids... Bionoid was just a close sounding equally goofy word. :lol:

Bionoid........Bio-dome........Avoid the Noid.........I think I'll stick with "bubble-boys". It'll be a movie about Jake Gyllenhaal (Bubble Boy) vs. John Travolta (The Boy in the Plastic Bubble). :p

Guyver calls them Zoanoids... Bionoid was just a close sounding equally goofy word. :lol:

Bionoid........Bio-dome........Avoid the Noid.........I think I'll stick with "bubble-boys". It'll be a movie about Jake Gyllenhaal (Bubble Boy) vs. John Travolta (The Boy in the Plastic Bubble). :p

That was Jake Gyllenhaal? I had so much respect for him after Donnie Darko... all gone now... John Travolta could totally kick his ass. I mean he did that one handed push up while in the space suit.

you read my mind :lol:

Okay dude you don't like Harmony Gold, join the club. They don't have that many fans here either but come on dude it's not like they had sex with your wife or anything like that. Calm down a bit brother the Hulkster demands it.

You honestly seem like a parody of what people accuse Macross fans to be. If your a having fun fine haha, now go away. If you honestly feel that way fine just cut that anger by half the next time you post.