Battlestar Galactica Discussion

Wahahahaha!!! :D You never know. Anything can happen. Back on topic.. Now that we know who 4 out of the 5 final models of cylons are, anyone want to speculate who the 5th is? 2008 is so far away....

Wow... I go outta town and all this stuff happens. The 5th... hmmmmm. Good question. I'm not saying or indicating that she is, but notice how Roslyn went weird when the power died? What's the connection? Gotta wait 'till 08 to find out I guess.

Here's some stuff from AICN:

Too Much Confusion Here?? Ronald D. Moore Gives His Post-3.X GALACTICA Interviews!!

I am – Hercules!!

“Battlestar Galactica†mastermind Ron Moore is talking, and he’s answering a lot of questions the fans are asking after Sunday night’s third-season finale.

In an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Rob Owen, Moore reveals that, yes, Galen Tyrol, Saul Tigh, Sam Anders and Tory Foster are indeed four of the “final five†Cylons. But Moore also cautions that they are “fundamentally different Cylons.â€

I'll say! Bill Adama and a lot of others in the colonial fleet witnessed Saul Tigh serving in Cylon War I 40 years ago. He may have even been around before the “invention†of the toaster centurions!

Which begs the question, “What are Cylonsâ€? The opening of the show each week tells us that they were “created by man†and that they “evolved†and that they “have a plan.â€

But. The Final Five Cylons were lurking in the Eye of Jupiter, an edifice supposedly built by human ancestors (or gods, or something) 3,000 years before the toasters were supposedly “invented.â€

The proposed “Caprica†prequel series, set 50 to 70 years before “Galactica,†would center on civil rights attorney Joseph Adama (Bill’s dad) and his opposition to the early Cylon-creating efforts of somebody named “Greystone.†So was Greystone a Cylon? Was he somehow influenced or directed by Cylons all those years ago to create these robots? And if so, why?

And how long ago did the Final Five Cylons “evolve� And how long has “the plan†been in place?

SciFi programming exec Mark Stern once told Owen that the “Caprica†pilot script ends with an explanation of how the Cylons were named:

"Cybernetic, something, organism" was as much as Stern could remember.

(If anybody has a copy of that “Caprica†pilot script, there are - needless to say - a few of us over here who sure would be keen to read it!!)

Other highlights of the new Owen-Moore interview:

* The 2008 episodes (and perhaps the TV-movie due this autumn?) will deal with the backstories for Galen, Saul, Sam and Tory. “A part of next season's storylines will uncover how they came to be who they are and the specifics of that.â€

* Moore is not ruling out the idea that Starbuck is only in Apollo’s head. (Real or not, Katee Sackoff will return to her status as series regular next season.)

* “Will we meet the final fifth Cylon next season?†asks Owen. “I think so,†replies Moore.

* D’Anna will be back if Lucy Lawless’ schedule permits. “We're developing a storyline dealing with D'Anna and what she saw and who she was talking to,†says Moore.

* The “entire cast†will be in the Pegasus TV-movie due this autumn.

* Moore says whether or not the show will receive a fifth season “has nothing to do with next year's ratings. It's first and foremost a creative decision.†He goes on to say: “I think we would probably not go to them [and ask for more episodes] unless we were pretty sure they would give them to us.â€

* No matter how many episodes are left, Moore is determined that there will be no unresolved cliffhanger, and that the series will end with Earth.

Behold all of the Post-Gazette’s must-read interview with Moore here.

Meanwhile, Moore gives a much shorter interview to TVWeek.com, in which he is asked (among other things):

* “Your show was renewed for 13 episodes, then this week you got the extra nine. The renewals of some NBC shows have hinged on budget cuts -- was that the case here?â€

* “Katie Sackhoff [who plays Starbuck] made it sound in media interviews as if she's off the show and getting new jobs. Was that part of the ruse?â€

You can read all of TVWeek’s interview here.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07085/770732-352.stm

Edited by Skullsixx

I'm sorry but I thought it was shown the first time Adama met Tigh was in a bar fight well after the first war. I could see them being placed after, but it wouldn't make since for them to show up before the Cylons even revolted. And it is interesting to see Tigh younger if he's supposed to be a robot.

I'm not even given credence to commentary. Unless it's actually in the show, it could change easily, and even then they can "forget" about it. (Zakk who? :unsure:)

And it is interesting to see Tigh younger if he's supposed to be a robot.

Cylons aren't robots. They are bio engineered beings. Think Replicants. You guys need to think outside of the box here, everyone is thinking classic tin can Cylons and Six. The "final five" are something much different, and we'll no doubt be seeing some big twists in the 4th season.

Cylons aren't robots. They are bio engineered beings. Think Replicants. You guys need to think outside of the box here, everyone is thinking classic tin can Cylons and Six. The "final five" are something much different, and we'll no doubt be seeing some big twists in the 4th season.

Exactly. I don't think the Final Five will be capable of downloading like the other seven.

Since we're speculating here, how about earth being the final refuge of the quasi-human/cylon race? since both races seem to follow the same prophecies. And the Galactica and the human survivors AND the cylons were actually our decendants?

Or the flip of it since now actual time references that we can extrapolate dates from are ever made whats to say they are our ancestors. That would fit into many of the theories about human evolution, Myan temples and such. Im not even going to go to the time travel thing of what if a future Cylon went into the past to help seed the Cylon race. he could be this Greystone person for example. i know the time travel is a bit Dr who and Startrek but Scientist types have theorised that Hyperdimensional travel could be similar to time travel.

Eaither way Im glad that Skullsix has posted what he has as this is good news for the series and therefore us.

Or the flip of it since now actual time references that we can extrapolate dates from are ever made whats to say they are our ancestors. That would fit into many of the theories about human evolution, Myan temples and such. Im not even going to go to the time travel thing of what if a future Cylon went into the past to help seed the Cylon race. he could be this Greystone person for example. i know the time travel is a bit Dr who and Startrek but Scientist types have theorised that Hyperdimensional travel could be similar to time travel.

Eaither way Im glad that Skullsix has posted what he has as this is good news for the series and therefore us.

You're always welcome Big F, and greetings from the other side of the Pond!!!

Here's a cool interview with Galactica writer Mark Verheiden I found at AICN:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/television/bsg/004103906.cfm

Edited by Skullsixx

Has anyone been to this site lately? http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/

A new look and a few new updates. I hope I can use a joystick and throttle for this game when it's out!!!

You can. Check their forum, there is waaay more info (and screenshots) there than in the page.

And as another shameless plug for the mod, from the same people, and just because we love her,

THE (almost complete) BEAST

[attachmentid=41587]

post-414-1175360934_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lindem Herz

I did the first 3 missions. Pretty cool. I need to figure out how to map my Saitek a bit better to my liking. I'd also like an external view control, as well.

Yeah I have an X35/X36 (the older all black one before they went to silver/neon/transparent plastic).

Anyways, got everything set, including the throttle, which eluded me for some bit. Now I"m enjoying fragging Cylons. Gonna have to register and hit a game online.

Got it gonna have to set it up later today or tomorow but my M$ Sidewinder stick is all ready I even think i still have my profile for FSII loaded if it`s usefull in this version.

We may need to set up a MW clan and use Team speak or somthing.

Lol...Oh, no...

Funny thing is that there was a Bionic Woman remake about 10-15 years back or so......

starring Sandra Bullock.

And no, I'm not joking.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096931/

edit:

And as for the Galactica finale, I'm quite a bit bothered about it because of the statistical improbability of these four(five if you count Starbuck) surviving the initial Cylon attack, finding themselves on a ship with an FTL drive, staying on a ship that hasn't been destroyed since they've been running, surviving New Caprica, and finally all of them finding themselves in or next-to key power positions.

And in the case of Anders, the improbability of it all becomes even more absurd because it was pure luck that they managed to go back to New Caprica to rescue what was left of his decimated rebel force.

I had trouble buying Starbuck being a cylon or special or whatever. This is really pushing the suspension of disbelief though. My hope is that these final five are "software" in that they have no true physical body and thus move their consciousness from person to person. Or something similar. I just can't accept without question that these five people are and have been cylons from the get go.

And if Tigh's a cylon, how does he get drunk?

Edited by Alpha OTS

Got it gonna have to set it up later today or tomorow but my M$ Sidewinder stick is all ready I even think i still have my profile for FSII loaded if it`s usefull in this version.

We may need to set up a MW clan and use Team speak or somthing.

Oh yeah!!! I got Team Speak! We'll just have to find a reasonable time for everyone to play considering our time zones and of course... when the full multi-player game debuts!!!

Well...?

Well what? There really isn't much to the demo. It's fun, though.

It's rare for any mod to be finished. That's more what I was getting at. Plus, wasn't there some news a while back that some company was making a game for the new consoles? Not just the RPG, but a dogfighting game? I think they should release stuff more often just in case Universal has a fit and shuts them down.

Dude... I have that original PS2 game that came out years ago. As cool as it was and being fresh off the heels of the mini-series debut, it did not satisfy my hunger for a game that was truly based on the new series. I wanted the new Vipers, Raptors, Galactica, Basestars and Raiders along with the new characters rather than a throw back to the old days of Adama as a fledgling pilot. What they have done with this BTRL mod is actually give us fans something very close to the tv show that we all love. I was very impressed with the demo. Now... saying that and admitting that I'm no computer programmer or 3D graphics artist... WHY IN THE HELL CAN'T WE GET SOMEONE TO MOD A KICK ASS FULL-ON TRANSFORMING MACROSS VALKYRIE DYRL STYLE GAME ON A PC THAT HAS MULTIPLAYER CAPABILITIES SO WE CAN BUST SOME ZENTRAEDI/MELTRANDI ASS?!!!

And as for the Galactica finale, I'm quite a bit bothered about it because of the statistical improbability of these four(five if you count Starbuck) surviving the initial Cylon attack, finding themselves on a ship with an FTL drive, staying on a ship that hasn't been destroyed since they've been running, surviving New Caprica, and finally all of them finding themselves in or next-to key power positions.

And in the case of Anders, the improbability of it all becomes even more absurd because it was pure luck that they managed to go back to New Caprica to rescue what was left of his decimated rebel force.

I had trouble buying Starbuck being a cylon or special or whatever. This is really pushing the suspension of disbelief though. My hope is that these final five are "software" in that they have no true physical body and thus move their consciousness from person to person. Or something similar. I just can't accept without question that these five people are and have been cylons from the get go.

And if Tigh's a cylon, how does he get drunk?

You haven't been paying close attention while watching, have you? None of what has happened/is happening is by accident.

You haven't been paying close attention while watching, have you? None of what has happened/is happening is by accident.

Oh, I have been paying attention that's exactly why the statistical improbability of it all is so bothersome. :huh:

Oh, I have been paying attention that's exactly why the statistical improbability of it all is so bothersome. :huh:

You're totally not getting it. This is all pre-determined.

"All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again."

You're totally not getting it. This is all pre-determined.

"All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again."

Oh no, I got that too.

The odds of these events transpiring so these select people would be cylons and *still* be alive, predestined or not, are astronomical, and that's what bothers me.

I'm praying for these cylons to be transferable software AI.

Oh no, I got that too.

The odds of these events transpiring so these select people would be cylons and *still* be alive, predestined or not, are astronomical, and that's what bothers me.

I'm praying for these cylons to be transferable software AI.

if it's predestined, the odds are not astronomical. There are no odds. it's GOING to happen. Thus, predestined.

WHY IN THE HELL CAN'T WE GET SOMEONE TO MOD A KICK ASS FULL-ON TRANSFORMING MACROSS VALKYRIE DYRL STYLE GAME ON A PC THAT HAS MULTIPLAYER CAPABILITIES SO WE CAN BUST SOME ZENTRAEDI/MELTRANDI ASS?!!!

There was VO