Battlestar Galactica Discussion

I still prefer my theory that those five are descendents from an earth expedition back to the colonies, I think it makes more sense in the long run.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised at your theory at this point. I actually didn't suspect any of the 4 mentioned except one (I don't want to ruin it for anyone so I'll just say the dark haired female with a name that starts with the letter "T"). The others I thought would be some of the last to ever suspect. I truly hope they do use Hendrix's version of the song. Damn, reading that spoiler really has me on edge to see these last few episodes of the season.

It definitely will throw people for a loop and will keep people guessing if I am right. Plus it would make sense if the majority of those mentioned were second generation, i.e. born to an Earth Parent and Colonial parent, but that the elder one is from Earth. That person either just forgot, do to heavy consumption of certain products, recieved a head injury that made them forget, or knows and is under orders not to say anything, but is guiding the fleet as best they can without raising suspiscion their way. Of course that person could be second gen, while the others are third gen, who knows, but someone needs to look either for a genetic tell in them, or a some microchip in their brains, lol. And, of course the reason they all come together is that the reveal at the end of the episode is sending a signal that activates them. Cryptic enough for those who didn't read the spoilers yet?

Well of course, but I meant in the new series. :p

Well all we have to do is paint it light grey instead of cream white and pilot it with people who dont have mullet hair and puffer jackets. :p

I think Knight26 has a great idea too bad he`s not a script writer, or advisor.

Edited by big F

I really enjoyed it. Like I thought, there's going to be a verdit read read right when the Cylons attack again. The lawyer is great.

And again like everyone else I wonder why Lee's got to be a punk all the time. I agree with him somewhat but he really just loves to overwork it. And just when Starbuck bites it and I thought we could get away from this for a little while.

Lee's a lost boy, desperately trying to find a cause and ultimately a legend for himself, and now he thinks he's finally found that cause and a way to distinguish himself from his attorney grandfather and admiral father. I guess every modern story needs to have a Shinji Ikari of some sort. Whatever, I just hope Racetrack made it back to the fleet...

Edited by myk

Lee's a lost boy, desperately trying to find a cause and ultimately a legend for himself, and now he thinks he's finally found that cause and a way to distinguish himself from his attorney grandfather and admiral father. I guess every modern story needs to have a Shinji Ikari of some sort. Whatever, I just hope Racetrack made it back to the fleet...

I think that was Seelix rather than Racetrack.

I felt bad for Lee and Roslin... then again Roslin and the Admiral basically want to make a mockery of the justice system, so they kind of deserve it...

Also, wasn't Caprica Six there when they were putting a gun to his head to make him sign the order? She'd have to at least known about it.

Then again, they'd never let her testify in his defense...

Lately it seems like they've been trying too hard at making the characters as ambiguous, unpredictable, and generally unappealing as possible. Actually, it seems that was Moore's intent in from the start, as if he was overreacting to the goody two shoes family friendly characters he worked with in Star Trek TNG. Lee Adama has made up and fallen out with his dad so many times now its starting to feel like an episode of Melrose Place.

Although, this last episode was pretty good and a welcome change from the other lackluster ones.

These last couple episodes have absolutely sucked. At least in Maelstorm I had Viper eye candy to watch. This one? Blecch!

Is the next one gonna have a space fight in it?

Actually, it seems that was Moore's intent in from the start, as if he was overreacting to the goody two shoes family friendly characters he worked with in Star Trek TNG.

I thought he took care of that with DS9 and their much darker, much less "goody two shoes" characters.

There was some unexpected brutality between Roslin and the reporters. The woman who asked her when she was going to die, that was pretty hard core. Then Roslin's response. That was more brutal than I've seen on the show in a while.

It would be funny if they did a gag version of that scene, and have Edward James Olmos pop up and say "It's too bad she won't live, but then again who does?" :)

I thought he took care of that with DS9 and their much darker, much less "goody two shoes" characters.

While some characters were certainly darker like Garak, many of the others were still comparatively "goody" and you could always count on the main characters bonding by the end of the hour. You could pretty much guess where they stood most of the time, which was mostly on the straight and narrow.

BSG characters with the exception of Helo, who plays like he's out of TNG or DS9, are all over the place and flip flop all the time it's hard to predict how they will ever react to situations. That said, they are certainly much deeper.

Speaking of DS9, wouldn't it be great if they got the actors that played Weyoun, Garak, or Dukat to come in for short stints?

Im sure that the Court room thing was needed, but the whole on trial for Genocide thing is a bit too Iraq for me. Would Apollo really be that desparate to piss his father off ? Also the Roslin Cancer thing seemed kinda last minute. Like oh how do I get out of this one ? Oh I know I`ll just say I have Cancer that will shut them up.

Well we will see I may just be wrong.

It would be funny if they did a gag version of that scene, and have Edward James Olmos pop up and say "It's too bad she won't live, but then again who does?" :)

That would have a great ,

and if they'd throw an origami Unicorn...

Season 4 just grew from 13 to 22 episodes. It will be announced on Thursday.

The order will include a special two-hour "Battlestar" event to air during the fourth quarter of 2007 on Sci Fi, and will also be released on DVD.

The two-hour "event" is said to deal with the Battlestar Pegasus shortly after the start of Cylon War II.

Edited by Duke Togo

Just to play devil's advocate here, Lee has always been just a bit of the idealist/"I believe in the system" type person, even during the mini-series.

He sided with the Secretary-of-Education-turned-President in the mini-series against his dad's orders. He said that he understood (maybe even supported?) Zarak's fight back when he first met Zarak. And of course, he pulled the gun on Tigh during the Season 1 cliffhanger.

I am a little surprised no ones thrown some flack at the Admiral for his part in Lee's actions. No doubt, Lee's gotta take the responsibility and burden for his actions against the President (And IF Baltar walks, Lee's gonna have to carry that huge-ass weight too.)

But the Admiral didn't do himself any favors by giving Lee those law books, grounding him from flight duty, assigning him to guard Baltar's lawyer, and then chewing Lee out after Tigh's debacle on the witness stand. Hell, it's almost embarassing how differently the Admiral treats his own son compared to how he treats Tigh.

A couple other random notes:

* Even with my little rant above, I did like the episode AND the direction all the main characters were heading towards.

* Loved that Helo-Gaeta scene when Gaeta delivered that deadpanned :mellow: "Sure."

.........Guess he hasn't gotten over that whole Tigh almost spacing him bit, has he?

LOL agreed! I thought Lee was perfectly in character. He's an admirable guy IMO.

As for the possible Pegasus movie, I mentioned it a while ago and I got it from AICN which I will admit isn't known for being completely reliable or accurate. It is, I believe, where the whole Pegasus movie rumor/idea got started. I do hope it's true though.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

If it were to end up as a Pegasus story, that could be pretty sweet.

Watching the Pegasus fight its way out and then watching the characters degenerate into the condition we see them when they showed up on BSG would be cool.

I also agree that it was perfectly legitimate for Lee to do what he did. He is pretty idealistic and often takes it too far, alienating everybody around him.

I'm REALLY looking forward to Sunday Night for sure.

Season 4 just grew from 13 to 22 episodes. It will be announced on Thursday.

The two-hour "event" is said to deal with the Battlestar Pegasus shortly after the start of Cylon War II.

Wonderful on both accounts.

Hell, it's almost embarassing how differently the Admiral treats his own son compared to how he treats Tigh.

Tigh always needs alittle help. I mean mental-war problems, alcoholism, his wife, etc. All the same it's kind of suprising how functional he is after that. I think Adama expects his son to be able to take care of himself by now, which is why he said he was through giving Lee orders.

I want to have a discussion about the whole real-world influence on the BSG series thing, as some people have complained about. I always thought that's a typical occurance in shows. It doesn't really bother me in Galactica because it doesn't seem to preach in favor of one view or another, but there to try to connect to situations we're trying to figure out IRL. I don't like it when they try it too much for shock value.

How do you guys feel about it? Does it become a killjoy when they start talking in favor of things you don't like? Think it can be alittle preachy? Or do you want to watch fiction-stuff to get away from all that crap?

I agree that the show doesn't seem to get too preachy for one side or the other, though I can see it's left leanings. I guess I like some escapism while I also like intellegent thought provocking themes as well. I think the show does pretty good in both respects. :D

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I agree that the show doesn't seem to get too preachy for one side or the other, though I can see it's left leanings.

The standard for preachy left-ism in t.v. is Boston Legal. During the closing arguments of Alan Shore there's always a 5 minute tirade against anything that wouldn't fly in lefty-wonderland...

My cousin, who is a die-hard Republican and Christian, loves the show. Those who complain about the supposed left-sided bias just need to get over themselves and enjoy it for what it is - good television.

Whoa, if you are talking about me I was NOT complaining, in fact I said it didn't get too preachy to one side or the other, and that I mearly notice come left leanings. Not sure where you get complaining from that. If not at me then......disregard :)

Oh and it's Excellent television. :p

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Whoa, if you are talking about me I was NOT complaining, in fact I said it didn't get too preachy to one side or the other, and that I mearly notice come left leanings. Not sure where you get complaining from that. If not at me then......disregard :)

Oh and it's Excellent television. :p

Chris

lol no don't worry I wasn't. Just using my cousin as an example. Sorry for the confusion.

lol no don't worry I wasn't. Just using my cousin as an example. Sorry for the confusion.

LOL! no worries...your avatars face just makes it look like your yelling everything you say!!LOL :p:p Awesome movie BTW!

Chris