I think it looks pretty cool. I have one on the way (just getting one of the four).

If you're only in it for a nice display piece, go for it.

But it feels cheap as chips. It's a partsformer where it could easily have been perfect.

This thing sound really disapointing, so even as a huge BGC fan I'll be passing on it.

I figure I'll keep my eyes open around Akiba and maybe I can find a used version for a more reasonable price.

Also, if the Boomer and AD Police figures are the same ones they showed in an earlier pictorial... it looks like Yamato is offering figures from their unreleased trading box line as a limited edition? That's pretty lame, if so.

They really half assed this thing, and I seriously doubt we'll get any more BGC figures after this which really sucks.

There's actually a magnet in the sensor head that is used to attach the cowl of the bike.

One thing I hated was that the hands have a flat, rectangular plug so they cannot swivel or move. makes posing the arms or holding the gun tricky.

I like how the display stand can be used to display both Priss and the Moto but that the Priss stand can detach. The pegs for her feet are actually on ball joints so it gives more dynamic poseability-possibilities.

I even forgot that this was a Yamato a few days ago and I was idly thinking to myself walking down the road "Hmmm, I wonder when the Yamato Moto is coming ou...........oh God."

And might I request that the images occross the top-banner of MW depicting these abominations be removed. They offend my eyes to no end.

Edited by Alex

Got it today. Nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I agree it could have been bigger with a perfect transformation, but as it is, it's still a pretty cool piece. About the only thing I don't like about it are the extendable legs in motoslave mode, they tend to disconnect. Posts should have been longer or foot pegs higher up on the legs.

$25-$30, win.

current price, no sale :-(

I was always under the impression that was not a partsformer, so am so disappointed about this, so if anyone sees these go on sale for cheap, please post here! I would still love to have 'A' motoslave, but ah well....

It would be nice to have a larger scale version that was more anime correct with all that detail that is missing. Maybe 1/8 or 1/6 scale. That would be baddddd assssss. But it would probably run $200.

Someone should pass that message onto graham. Wouldn't mind something bigger more accurate and PT than these.

Although if they do consider it, take your time. There is just so much macross goodness coming out that I can't keep up.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 1 month later...
No, they wouldn't. BGC is a very, very niche title.

I second that, though I want more BGC merchandise. Anybody here knows what ever happen to the canceled gachapon / box case BGC figures that were suppose to have been released back in early 2006? I remember tons of shops had them on pre-order then they all just disappeared.

so I wonder if these are gonna be the same scale as the atelier-sai figures? The Atelier-Sais are the same proportions as the Fraulein Revoltechs, which are scaled as 1/10 but since they're in armor that seem to have heels that would almost put them at the same height... make sense?:p

YESSSS! I knew it was a matter of time. Let's just hope it's PT this time (and good looking) or >EXO< will be in deep trouble.

Don't shoot the messenger!

bad news for you there LSB... this scan says 13cm... I hope they're talking about the Priss, but I have a feeling it's the Motoslave... time to break out the BGC books to see what the stats are...

aoshima1121zh0.jpg

Dear god what is up with those proportions! It makes the Yamato one look really good!

Damn! That proto looks terrible. It's all >EXO<'s fault.

Seriously now: What's wrong with Aoshima? First the Toynami Legioss flop and now this.

I guess I'll keep waiting for a nice motoslave then.

Edit: Is it a common practice among japanese toy manufacturers to revisit their prototypes before production if they get too much bad feedback, or they usually have a "if you don't like it don't buy it" policy?

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Hey yamato! Scrap the existing cheap bubble gum crisis toys and go bigger and more accurate and for perfect transformation.

Just like you scrapped the 1/100 VF-0 valks. Thanks. I love BGC. Especially the old one.

I think all the fans would be more excited if you made it larger, more expensive, and gave it the level of attention as the macross valks or the votoms toys.

I still got to get that megazone garland that appeared in part 2. I've neglected the transforming bikes for transforming planes.

ie I still haven't got any ride armor, still need to get pt garland, not interested as much in swapping parts motoslave, didn't buy transformers animated prowl etc hehe

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

So Aoshima is stepping up and making a 1/12 version...

aoshima112xp7.jpg

I guess these things are always gonna look pregnant in robot mode.

bring it on!!!,

and all griping aside,

if you showed any of the nayasyers these toys 5 or 10 years ago...many would give there right arm for this" inaccurate" motoslave!

when it comes to variable artmic toys...they make 'em ...i take 'em !!! :rolleyes:

They won't stop production for a handful of unsatisfied fans when the average customer won't care.

Then what's the point in publishing pictures and display early prototypes everywhere?

and all griping aside,

if you showed any of the nayasyers these toys 5 or 10 years ago...many would give there right arm for this" inaccurate" motoslave!

Sure! Except we have a more accurate Motoslave toy already. When it comes to new versions of existing products the toy companies should make a step forward, not to the side. Aoshima's version being bigger than Yamato's is a good thing, but if it's uglier then it's one thing for the other.

I just want a Linna fig that's a lot less than 50 bucks... Actually, this one's my fave: http://www.hlj.com/product/ATS34348 but again, way too expensive. (yes, I like the 2040 designs---a lot)

Adding motoslaves just makes them even MORE "too expensive". BGC seems among the few series where there is just no way to get a couple "cheap" figures. Even fairly obscure characters from anime/games that I like, I can find a $20 or $30 figure. But not BGC. They come in "expensive" and "really expensive".

About the Aoshima version... it's a model kit. It says "injection kit", which to my knowledge can only mean plastic build-it-yourself.

Now, I'm not sure if it means gluing, sanding, painting, and all that wonderful stuff or simply snapping the parts all together.

For that price, it should come together without any work on my part.

I have that Linna figure you posted a link to David Hingtgen, and it's no where near worth the suggested retail price. :p It should have been priced around $20-range. It's still a really nice looking figure, just flimsy feeling though. :)