Yamato Products - Looking to the future

kensei

There has been some talk about the re-issues, re-modelling, rescaling and whatnot about the Yamato products in general. I started this thread to gather opinions and educated guesses and good reasoning as to why or why not Yamato will do this and do that. Questions such as "will they make a Kakizaki in 1/48 scale?" etc.

Here's a few of my questions.

1. Will Yamato make a 1/48 VF-1A Kakizaki/VF-1A CF/ TV versions of Max and Kakizaki? - I believe they will have to make a Kakizaki VF-1A because it involves a simple colour change and that his decals appear on all the 1/48 stickers sheets. So far it stands true that a VF-1A and S have come about, and we know that a VF-1J is coming out in the near future for sure. Some people have said that a Max and Millia is inevitable as they would simply try to milk all they can out of one mold and their decals. There are arguments against this about how it is hard for Yamato to keep up with the costs or something like that, and I would like someone to explain this to me as I'm not sure how this would effect Yamato economically.

2. Will Yamato make larger scales of Macross Plus Toys? - well there have been rumours circulating around Lebhead's and Valk-Exchange's forums and I know that they are only rumours, but think about it why not? They kind of did that with the VF-1 line right? Start off with a smaller scale as a test or sampler to see if there's still a market out there for VF or even just Macross in general, and then perfect it. I agree with what a member of this forum has said once that the Yamato line of Macross Plus toys are not a good example of Yamato's capabilities. They can be better! If this is as good as it gets I'll buy the current ones, but if a larger scale that is improved in the future is coming up, I'll hold up for that.

3. 1/48 Scale GBP-1 - well....some people said it will never happen for the 1/60's and look what happened recently. I reckon it looks a bit scrappy, but Yamato will hopefully fix that up before release. What the hell though, we're getting a GBP anyway! Hooray!

4. Why don't Yamato give an official release schedule that is subject to change without notice? - would certainly help if Yamato kept this sort of thing up on their website or something like that. It would help in the sense that we could do some financial planning, they know that there are fans out there that are very interested in their products. I know that they have mentioned such things as the Destroids and Quaelunn-Rau, but I'm talkin much further into the future. Or isn't it good to extrapolate on things like that as it might be hard to keep their promises?

5. Yamato will move on to Macross 7 toys , Macross II and Flashback 2012 - I know that Bandai "have the Macross seven licence sown up tighter that a fly's ass" to quote a member of this forum, but licences expire don't they? Seeing as Bandai haven't really been doing anything special with the Macross line at the moment (I don't call reissing the old VF-1's special) I don't see why they should cling on to the licence as it seems that Macross is on their "maybe to do" list. Time for a company like Yamato to step in, a company that have proven themselves that they have the ability to make toys that are accurate, beautiful and collectible to the fans of Macross.

6. Will they reissue Macross toys such as the VF-1 a few years later? - I ask this because I want to do something with the 1/48 line and also the Zero line that will cause me (within good reason to a Macross fan) to buy up to about 7 Valks of the one type. This project "The Macross Museum" will probably cost me $25,000 AUD that's half a year's pay. But I really want to do it as Macross is my life (Graham and others like him would understand! :) ).

Please Yamato, help me achieve my dream!

7. 1/48 scale Elintseeker and SuperOstrich and VF-1D - I know that this require a remolding of some parts but nothing major right? It's not like they have to remake the whole Valkyrie. Once they get around to making a two- seater VF-1, the rest is a piece of cake. I would have thought that the 1/48 line was a very lucrative project taken up by Yamato.

Feel free to dicuss debate and argue as to why they will and will not. Perhaps this might bring us closer to the answer of the future of Macross toys.

Edited by kensei

1. Kakizaki died, twice. He may not be popular enough to get his own Valk made. The M&M VF-1J's are not too far since it is one of the more popular schemes, but until confirmation is made, it's just floating up there with the rest of the schemes and Valkyrie models that we are hoping for :)

2. Again, these are just rumors. Half true, half speculation. IMO, I would doubt Macross Plus valks coming out in 1/48 scale. I admit I was a firm supporter of this possibility before, but having seen how much the 1/48 VF-1 has drained my pocket, and the fact that even a 1/60 scale Macross Plus valk is going to be as big or maybe even BIGGER than the 1/48 VF-1 made me change my mind. That to me is impractical, as a consumer. Others may say differently though :D

3. Graham "hinted" that there [may] be a possibility of a 1/48 GBP may not be far behind. I'm not holding my breath though..at least not yet.

4. Like with most companies, delays are caused by certain issues beyond the company's control. LIke at one point, if IIRC, the FAST Packs for the 1/48 were delayed because SK had some modifications done on the sculpt, or did not like the sculpt. This pushed the release date for the FP's back, about a month.

Yamato's releases have always followed the "1-month after the other" pattern.You can base your budget on that pattern since they are never really off from their projected release date (it can be a few days or even a week off, or early). If they are, they usually post it up on their site.

5. Yamato has license to the VF game (can't recall which one) so they can still do a VF-17 S/D Nightmare with a color variant from the game (ala VF-19A). As for Macross 7's license, BW gave it to them (Bandai), it's up to BW to take it back and give it to Yamato.

6. Yamato is [apparently according to my supplier] already or will be re-releasing the older toys like the 1/60 Strike, 1/48 VF-1S Roy Focker, 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru Ichijo. As for re-releases further into the future, who knows. :rolleyes:

7. Again, let us hope there's enough clamor from both US and Japanese fans to warrant a 1/48 Elint and Super O.

:D:D:D

Edited by Omni Existence

Wow , this is freaky , I was just about to make a thread about this very same topics :blink: - Of course I would've recieved far less replies and my thread would've probably gone to hell so thanks for making this one :lol: -.

1.- Yeah they could easily make a Kakizaki variant but they are probably worried it would be too much of a risk.

2.- 1/48 M+ valks is IMO too impractical , for starters a 1/60 M+ valk would be just as big or even bigger than a 1/48 VF-1 , and it seems people still don't get this in their heads. Of course , bigger and better M+ valks would be awesome , I doubt anyone would resist buying at least 3 of them but 1/48 M+ valks would not even make nice display pieces , the shipping costs would be huge let alone the price of the toy itself :( ; if you think that saving money for current 1/48 toys is difficult then expect M+ valks to be virtually impossible to adquire.

If people want 1/48-ish M+ toys then you should really be asking Yamato for 1/60 or 1/65 M+ toys.

3.- I can't see how people expect Yamato to make a 1/48 GBP if they won't even bother to buy the 1/60 version , if the 1/60 version doesn't do well what will motivate Yamato to invest in a 1/48 sculpt ?

5.- They could do whatever they wanted with their M+ and VF-X2 licenses , like the VF-5000 or the Neo-Glaug or the X-9 or even a VF-17 but much like Bandai does with their M7 license , they don't care because they are focused in making VF-1s instead ; and it will be a long time before we see a VF-5000 or VF-14 or a VF-17 cause they still have to release the M0 toys which will take another year of their schedule , I wouldn't expect Yamato to start releasing any of the new valkyries until 2005-06.

I wouldn't expect Yamato to start releasing any of the new valkyries until 2005-06.

this may be a good thing for me, unless they do duel seater vf-1's the Hikaru 1J is gonna be my last VF-1. with the new destroids (except the monster) probably being cheaper and only 4, as well as the enemy mecha it should be easier on my wallet till they hit us with the new wave of VF toys. as much as I love the VF-1 design, I am more of a macross pluss and macross zero fan. Send in the valks from those series!

Edited by GobotFool

You know I meant bigger scales of the Mac+ toys but not necessarily 1/48 scale. If the VF-1's are going well at ~30cm height then they should adjust the scale to make it around this size. Probably a 1/55 or 1/60. I didn't necessarily say that it should be done in 1/48.

I do not know how accurate this is, but I remembered our former fellow Mworlder Meltran posted that the Macross Plus 1/48 scale versions are due for 2004. I don't know how accurate that info is. But I have been looking for any news of 1/48 Mac Plus toys since then.

Take it for what you will :ph34r:

You know I meant bigger scales of the Mac+ toys but not necessarily 1/48 scale. If the VF-1's are going well at ~30cm height then they should adjust the scale to make it around this size. Probably a 1/55 or 1/60. I didn't necessarily say that it should be done in 1/48.

It simply that the rumors, that where probably wrong, mentionned that they would be in 1/48 scale, I 4 1 think thay will be made at about the same size, 1/60 or 1/55, probably at 1/60 to go with the rest of the line :unsure:

Nobody, even Graham, knows everything that Yamato has planned. We know that Yamato will do more with the Mac+ valks and will do Mac0 valks. There will be other projects like a huge Monster, Q-Rau, and 1/60 GBP. I'm sure there will be more for the 1/48 VF-1's but it all depends on if there is demand for it in Japan. Like most other companies, Yamato remains tight lipped about their plans for the future. They don't want to give the competition any ideas and they don't want fanboys getting all worked up about something that may or may not happen.

7. Again, let us hope there's enough clamor from both US and Japanese fans to warrant a 1/48 Elint and Super O.

:D  :D  :D

patience young one. Good things come to those who wait...

Doesn't matter how long it will be when they come, but are they going to do it? :D

Edited by kensei

1.- Yeah they could easily make a Kakizaki variant but they are probably worried it would be too much of a risk.

I'm thinkin' if they do release a Kakizaki 1A, it'll be limited release...and then based on that, who knows. Stickers alone don't mean they'll release one (I seem to remember some Kakizaki stickers for the 1/60), but I'd definitely pick one up if they made it. If they can release a cannon fodder, they can release a dead guy who's not Roy.

3.- I can't see how people expect Yamato to make a 1/48 GBP if they won't even bother to buy the 1/60 version , if the 1/60 version doesn't do well what will motivate Yamato to invest in a 1/48 sculpt ?

I've noticed a lot more people who are excited about this in the GBP thread than have said "I'll wait for the 1/48." Some folks will wait, some folks will get both. Some folks are happy with the 1/60. I'm sure it won't break Yamato if they're 1/60 doesn't sell well, and I'm sure they would pick up on the fact that some folks are holding out for a 1/48 version.

For the record, I'd be all over 1/48 Macross Plus and/or Macross Zero Valks, but it may just be a pipe dream.

Doesn't matter how long it will be when they come, but are they going to do it?

Like the 1/60, I think 1/48 VF-1D, VT-1, and VE-1 would be towards the end of the list to get made...but I don't think you're going to get any definite answers here. I think the enthusiasm for the 1/48 is undeniable and I think it is possible, if not 100% likely. I'd bet good money we'll see Max/Millia VF-1Js though. ;)

I do not know how accurate this is, but I remembered our former fellow Mworlder Meltran posted that the Macross Plus 1/48 scale versions are due for 2004. I don't know how accurate that info is. But I have been looking for any news of 1/48 Mac Plus toys since then.

Did Meltran get this info from a "yamato insider" as I've heard?

Did Meltran get this info from a "yamato insider" as I've heard?

Please people, don't go there...

Well the Meltran's list didnt have the GBP in it, for example. But yeah, let's not go there (at least to rehash the controversy bit). I do wish she had hung around here, though I don't miss the "insider" bit. Still any source of Yamato news is nice because Yamato had to be such a... well... Japanese... company. :)

I really want 1/60 scale M-Plus (and VF-X!) Valkyries. 1/72 is ok to keep me happy until then. 1/48 is just too large given the size of these things in proportion with the VF-1. What I want FIRST is something we should already have. VF-22S, VF-X2 edition. Parts are already sculpted. I should hope these could be 2004 after the YF-19FP (along with a VF-19A based off the new YF-19) and a VF-19S FP. Then give us a VF-17D and S.

These don't have to be in M7 schemes though that'd be nice. The best thing is that even a VF-11C should be done pretty cheaply off of the existing VF-11B FP mold. Use white plastic and minor sculpting/tooling differences. Then we have we have the Full Armored VF-11C. :D

THEN all of that can be re-done in 1/60 with all the detail and gimmicks of the 1/48 valks.

Edited by Uxi

Please people, don't go there...

Thank you. Emiko's posts were deleted with good reason. If this thread ressurects that information, however indirectly, it too will get deleted. Moving on...

Moving on...

Allways like that... This is a comunity, and we should take care of our members.

Emiko leaving MW was a SHAME to all of us, except for those two trolls.

I still regret.

Anyways. We still have Graham!!! The super duppa insider!

Too bad he is allways keepng the information untill HLJ put the things on preorder! LOL!

Ok , let's move on people.

I hope Yamato doesn't make the mistake of releasing 1/48 M+ toys , even if we wanted to buy them they would probably be too expenisve , even for those people with unlimited founds , and even if someone managed to buy one after a year of saving , those toys would probably make bad display pieces (if you actually had the space) and you wouldn't be able transform or play with them (if you dare to) , those toys would probaly have so many small pieces that it would be a pain in the ass to not lose them , let alone the fact that all the weight (even if it didn't have any diecast) would put too much pressure in some parts...and I doubt there would be that much more detail on them in contrast to a 1/60 version...

Two words: Fortess Maximus! :D

I'm still kicking myself for passing him over when I was a kid, I just didn't think my parents would get him for me. F.M. has proven how desirable large toys are. With the 1/60 Monster on the horizen, I don't think Yamato is too concerned with size. Nor are they concerned with fans on limited budgets, they cater towards collectors. Also, wasn't Yamato's CEO on record, saying how he "wants to shock the world"?

Bring on the VF-4's, VF-17's, etc in 1/48. B)

Doesn't matter how long it will be when they come, but are they going to do it? :D

I didn't say THEY were going to do it ;)

Omni........ I'm sure you know what Fulcy is known for around these parts right? B) :ph34r:

I really want 1/60 scale M-Plus (and VF-X!) Valkyries. 1/72 is ok to keep me happy until then. 1/48 is just too large given the size of these things in proportion with the VF-1.

I don't see going from 1/72 to 1/60 as a significant enough jump in scale to necessitate another line of Macross Plus Valks. I see the attraction of keeping new products in the same scale as previously released successes, but I wouldn't be surprised (if they decided not to attempt a 1/48) if they did something in a new scale altogether.

Edited by Draykov

Omni........ I'm sure you know what Fulcy is known for around these parts right? B) :ph34r:

Fulcy will shock us all...

Fulcy will shock us all...

-Drops his pants and moons all of MW-

Edited by fulcy

Hey there. New member!

I just pre-ordered my "rick hunter" Super Valkyrie. I think it's the VF-1J + armour.

Pre ordered at Hobby Link japan

They say it should be released in November. I think it's related to the Fast Pack release date. i may be wrong I am a NEWBIE.

Ah it's great to join this forum !

<<<< see my yellow dancer

Edited by Göönk

Hey there. New member!

I just pre-ordered my "rick hunter" Super Valkyrie. I think it's the VF-1J + armour.

They say it should be released in November. I think it's related to the Fast Pack release date. i may be wrong I am a NEWBIE.

Ye gods, show mercy on this poor newbie.

Hey there. New member!

I just pre-ordered my "rick hunter" Super Valkyrie.  I think it's the VF-1J + armour.

:lol:

that's funny!!!

I know Yamato is busy in the future, but is it possible for them to move on to Macross 7? Bigwest would be interested in handing the licence over to Yamato shouldn't they? Bandai ain't doin anything with it at the moment.

Hey there. New member!

I just pre-ordered my "rick hunter" Super Valkyrie.  I think it's the VF-1J + armour.

he's gonna need more than just gods to save his ass....

he's gonna need more than just gods to save his ass....

I don't get it. Why is everyone around here all over the newbs? Is it because he's yet to be de-Harmonized?